19 Diffuse Thinning Everywhere, Still Having Being Officially Diagnosed. What Might This Be

jackjohn12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Check the pattern of your hair loss, also do a blood test to look for déficiences. I think with the Telogen Effluvium you lose a lot more and everywhere. It is also possible to have both.
To be sure, consult a dermatologist.
I have seen multiple derms and they have not been able to figure it out. I have seen two derms who think I have telogen effluvium. One trichologist who said most likely male pattern baldness and another trichologist who had no idea.

jackjohn12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably diffuse thinning, yea. To hell with those derms trying to sell you expensive lasercombs. Your temple took a big hit but overall you still have a lot of hair. Finasteride is your best bet but if you don't wanna use it you could always try Minoxidil.
minoxdil wont regrow anything...

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is everyone on this site smoking?? he has a full head of thick hair!!! there is no diffused thinning.. when you part your hair you are going to see your scalp regardless some of you guys have serious mental issues

jackjohn12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Went to the doctor recently and my iron levels were pretty low, could that be why Ive have diffuse thinning for 2.5 years or probably not.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Went to the doctor recently and my iron levels were pretty low, could that be why Ive have diffuse thinning for 2.5 years or probably not.

could be. did you get the numbers? ferritin needs to be over 70 for healthy hair growth..

Chopper678

My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I use minoxdil or just get a transplant when its bad. And do I have to take minoxdil after the transplant.
I wouldn't wait until it's "bad". If anything get some hair loss regimen shampoo/conditioner now and I don't know why people are saying not to use minoxidil, it is a regrowth medicine at best, and at the very least should maintain.

Try to avoid the transplant route if you can take care of this now. If you say everything everywhere is thinning you may not have a good donor region. Perhaps try to talk to some hair transplant doctors and get an online consultation. I don't know if there are any on this site but there is an online community of them.

As for what you will have to do after a transplant - I don't know the facts but my best guess is that it won't last forever due to whatever the root cause is. Meaning you would still want to apply minoxidil and a dht inhibitor/blocker.

marcos334

My Regimen
Reaction score
holy f*** ur hair situation are the same with me wtf , im 3 post month off accutane now

literally ur hair is almost the same

Wavves

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been having diffuse thinning for the last 1.5 years, while the thinning most noticeably is on my head, also my eyebrows feel thinner, armpits, pubic region, everywhere basically. I took accutane for a year about 3 months before this started, which I think was the trigger for this all since I had a lot of other side effects that happened around then. While the hair on my sides, back are all very thin but to some degree more at the crown. I have seen 5-6 doctors about this problem. Blood has been tested multiple times, with iron and thyroid are all fine but about a year ago my thyroid was slightly abnormal but now its fine. TBH all of this hair thinning started after I stupidly washed my hair with baking soda ( about 3 table spoons) but all the derms said they didnt think that baking soda could cause permanent thinning and once I cut that damaged hair off, my new hair would be healthy. While my hair is very very thin right now, it looks fairly well when dry. But clearly I know that it has thinned to a great degree. My scalp is always very itchy, but use shampoo for that and I can assure you its not seborrheic dermatitis. One dermatologist I saw thought I have chronic telogen effluvium while I think that is odd since I have no shedding. One trichologist told me he thought it was male pattern baldness and wanted me to also buy his products/lasercomb. One trichologist told me I definitely have some diffuse thinning but don't have male pattern baldness and wanted me to buy his products/lasercomb. I don't really want to use propecia since accutane already induced some form of ED for me. My hair is also insanely fine, waspy and straw like material. Does anyone know what doctor I should be looking for or can recommend a doctor in Toronto or have any insight to what I may have? Im assuming either CTE, early male pattern baldness or diffuse alopecia areata.

So, I made an account just to contact you because our stories are extremely similar. I was on Accutane last year from April – October. Started to notice hair loss one day in May. One day out of nowhere I was rubbing my head over the sink and I covered it in hairs. Also, my eyebrows have thinned a bit. Since that day, it hasn’t let up, and now I’m diffuse thinning and very close to being able to see my entire scalp. Same as you, been to multiple doctors, had blood tests, etc., and everything comes back okay. I’ve just been told that it’s male pattern baldness, no one has even brought up Telogen Effluvium, even though that’s what I think it is based off the sudden change. Like you, now, my hair is “insanely fine, waspy, and straw like material.”

As of now, I’ve been on Finasteride 1.25mg and Minoxidil 5% for 2 months and some change. However, I was only putting Minoxdil on my temples and vertex until about 2 weeks ago cause I didn’t know what diffuse thinning was. Anyway, these past few weeks since doing that my hair has gotten extremely worse.

So, with that being said, I’m wondering since your original post, do you have any insight? What have you learned and what steps have you taken? Oh, and also, I started having ED from Accutane as well. Anything else you can tell me about that and if yours has improved? Thanks so much for sharing because I feel dead alone going through this.

marcos334

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I made an account just to contact you because our stories are extremely similar. I was on Accutane last year from April – October. Started to notice hair loss one day in May. One day out of nowhere I was rubbing my head over the sink and I covered it in hairs. Also, my eyebrows have thinned a bit. Since that day, it hasn’t let up, and now I’m diffuse thinning and very close to being able to see my entire scalp. Same as you, been to multiple doctors, had blood tests, etc., and everything comes back okay. I’ve just been told that it’s male pattern baldness, no one has even brought up Telogen Effluvium, even though that’s what I think it is based off the sudden change. Like you, now, my hair is “insanely fine, waspy, and straw like material.”

As of now, I’ve been on Finasteride 1.25mg and Minoxidil 5% for 2 months and some change. However, I was only putting Minoxdil on my temples and vertex until about 2 weeks ago cause I didn’t know what diffuse thinning was. Anyway, these past few weeks since doing that my hair has gotten extremely worse.

So, with that being said, I’m wondering since your original post, do you have any insight? What have you learned and what steps have you taken? Oh, and also, I started having ED from Accutane as well. Anything else you can tell me about that and if yours has improved? Thanks so much for sharing because I feel dead alone going through this.

ED by you mean Problem with ur erection ??

Jkm14n

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, any progress? I just found your thread by luck because I think I might be going through the exact same thing. If somebody can correct me on this, please do.

I’ve had near perfect hair thickness just less than a month ago, but over the past few weeks I’ve been seeing a whole lot of scalp when I try to part my hair. Also, I’ve had crazy amounts on thin, sometimes whisky hairs spread out all over my scalp, which made me think it was diffuse thinning. Your pictures are the closest thing I’ve seen to what I’ve got.

Attachments

• D1A40BC5-B1F0-46CC-A3A4-E9768BFCE840.jpeg
    D1A40BC5-B1F0-46CC-A3A4-E9768BFCE840.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 535
  • 99D7A23E-DD5C-419D-91D4-9B844BC99224.jpeg
    99D7A23E-DD5C-419D-91D4-9B844BC99224.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 555
  • 163EBCA3-9D98-436B-ACC3-204763ABB7D7.jpeg
    163EBCA3-9D98-436B-ACC3-204763ABB7D7.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 545
  • 23DAC024-B70B-4ACB-8CB1-3EFC0D10620A.jpeg
    23DAC024-B70B-4ACB-8CB1-3EFC0D10620A.jpeg