19 Diffuse Thinning Everywhere, Still Having Being Officially Diagnosed. What Might This Be

jackjohn12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been having diffuse thinning for the last 1.5 years, while the thinning most noticeably is on my head, also my eyebrows feel thinner, armpits, pubic region, everywhere basically. I took accutane for a year about 3 months before this started, which I think was the trigger for this all since I had a lot of other side effects that happened around then. While the hair on my sides, back are all very thin but to some degree more at the crown. I have seen 5-6 doctors about this problem. Blood has been tested multiple times, with iron and thyroid are all fine but about a year ago my thyroid was slightly abnormal but now its fine. TBH all of this hair thinning started after I stupidly washed my hair with baking soda ( about 3 table spoons) but all the derms said they didnt think that baking soda could cause permanent thinning and once I cut that damaged hair off, my new hair would be healthy. While my hair is very very thin right now, it looks fairly well when dry. But clearly I know that it has thinned to a great degree. My scalp is always very itchy, but use shampoo for that and I can assure you its not seborrheic dermatitis. One dermatologist I saw thought I have chronic telogen effluvium while I think that is odd since I have no shedding. One trichologist told me he thought it was male pattern baldness and wanted me to also buy his products/lasercomb. One trichologist told me I definitely have some diffuse thinning but don't have male pattern baldness and wanted me to buy his products/lasercomb. I don't really want to use propecia since accutane already induced some form of ED for me. My hair is also insanely fine, waspy and straw like material. Does anyone know what doctor I should be looking for or can recommend a doctor in Toronto or have any insight to what I may have? Im assuming either CTE, early male pattern baldness or diffuse alopecia areata.

Attachments

• IMG_4900.JPG
    IMG_4900.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 12,262
  • IMG_4902.JPG
    IMG_4902.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 8,452
  • IMG_4905.JPG
    IMG_4905.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 4,294
  • IMG_4907.JPG
    IMG_4907.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 4,635
  • IMG_4908.JPG
    IMG_4908.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 5,040
  • IMG_4909.JPG
    IMG_4909.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 4,006
  • IMG_4937.JPG
    IMG_4937.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 5,238
  • IMG_4933.JPG
    IMG_4933.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 4,298

jackjohn12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been having diffuse thinning for the last 1.5 years, while the thinning most noticeably is on my head, also my eyebrows feel thinner, armpits, pubic region, everywhere basically. I took accutane for a year about 3 months before this started, which I think was the trigger for this all since I had a lot of other side effects that happened around then. While the hair on my sides, back are all very thin but to some degree more at the crown. I have seen 5-6 doctors about this problem. Blood has been tested multiple times, with iron and thyroid are all fine but about a year ago my thyroid was slightly abnormal but now its fine. TBH all of this hair thinning started after I stupidly washed my hair with baking soda ( about 3 table spoons) but all the derms said they didnt think that baking soda could cause permanent thinning and once I cut that damaged hair off, my new hair would be healthy. While my hair is very very thin right now, it looks fairly well when dry. But clearly I know that it has thinned to a great degree. My scalp is always very itchy, but use shampoo for that and I can assure you its not seborrheic dermatitis. One dermatologist I saw thought I have chronic telogen effluvium while I think that is odd since I have no shedding. One trichologist told me he thought it was male pattern baldness and wanted me to also buy his products/lasercomb. One trichologist told me I definitely have some diffuse thinning but don't have male pattern baldness and wanted me to buy his products/lasercomb. I don't really want to use propecia since accutane already induced some form of ED for me. My hair is also insanely fine, waspy and straw like material. Does anyone know what doctor I should be looking for or can recommend a doctor in Toronto or have any insight to what I may have? Im assuming either CTE, early male pattern baldness or diffuse alopecia areata.
anyone?

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably diffuse thinning, yea. To hell with those derms trying to sell you expensive lasercombs. Your temple took a big hit but overall you still have a lot of hair. Finasteride is your best bet but if you don't wanna use it you could always try Minoxidil.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not ever touch minoxidil while being diffuse. Splashing full bucket of minoxidil on head.... 2/10 plus i would to add that finasteride works really good mostly for diffuse thinners.

Hop on half dose (0.5mg) and after 6 months you will be thick as my dick.

I told my friend year ago to jump on 0.5mg while he was diffuse ( a diffusing nw4-5 area mostly) and now he is enjoying " A full head of hair "

Isnt your sebum over producing? It looks like it is. - Nizoral (keto 2%) and finasteride also will help you with acne. It did good for my skin and scalp.

Forgot to add : if these lasercombs will work, you need to pray to the god really good.

Have a nice day.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not ever touch minoxidil while being diffuse. Splashing full bucket of minoxidil on head.... 2/10 plus i would to add that finasteride works really good mostly for diffuse thinners.

I told my friend year ago to jump on 0.5mg while he was diffuse ( a diffusing nw4-5 area mostly) and now he is enjoying " A full head of hair "

Isnt your sebum over producing? It looks like it is. - Nizoral (keto 2%) and finasteride also will help you with acne. It did good for my skin and scalp.

Forgot to add : if these lasercombs will work, you need to pray to the god really good.

Have a nice day.

Why no minoxidil for diffuse?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why no minoxidil for diffuse?

1. Spraying 5ml of minoxidil twice daily will make your face mostly look like water melon.

2. Enjoying harsh and glue hairs after application minoxidil on all head all day its terrible thing. Ill not talk about possibility of itching and scalp burning.

3. Rapid sheds will actually make the situation worse.

4. He dont need regrow. Cause he is not bald. He just need to get rid of scalp dht and rid of sebum. He has oily skin as f*** as you can notice.

But. I am not saying that he wouldnt make a combo. It might help to thick hair. But it will be terrific pain to adapt with it.

Boom. Hihi ^^

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Spraying 5ml of minoxidil twice daily will make your face mostly look like water melon.

2. Enjoying harsh and glue hairs after application minoxidil on all head all day its terrible thing. Ill not talk about possibility of itching and scalp burning.

3. Rapid sheds will actually make the situation worse.

4. He dont need regrow. Cause he is not bald. He just need to get rid of scalp dht and rid of sebum. He has oily skin as f*** as you can notice.

But. I am not saying that he wouldnt make a combo. It might help to thick hair. But it will be terrific pain to adapt with it.

Boom. Hihi ^^

That makes sense dude. I'm currently using minoxidil once a day (diffuse thinner also) and it's just a pain in the *** atm. Sheds, oily hair, dry skin, body hair.... If I had great results I would take it for granted but that's not the case. Seriously thinking about dropping it.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

Have a nice day.

Interesting POV.

I am willing to apply minoxidil on my temples only and let finasteride regrow diffused zones and vertex.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting POV.

I am willing to apply minoxidil on my temples only and let finasteride regrow diffused zones and vertex.

I would do the same. But even 15% minoxidil my temples were receding after when i managed a Norwood 0.5 with minoxidil 5% only. Then after a year of minoxidil its started loosing effectivness. And now i am NW2.
(Still above baseline)
I stopped all regimen 1.5month ago. I strongly believe restarting meds will rescue some effectivness. Its like with smoking ciggarets or drinking beer. For first times you gonna "feel it strong" with minimal usage but then you are adaptating with it.

Starting meds again in early february. I just started finasteride too late. Now i will jump on big 3 at the sime time adding 2.5g of ru to 60ml minoxidil bottle. If i will not get NW1 passive-stable status. Ill jump alone on dutasteride.

jackjohn12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would do the same. But even 15% minoxidil my temples were receding after when i managed a Norwood 0.5 with minoxidil 5% only. Then after a year of minoxidil its started loosing effectivness. And now i am NW2.
(Still above baseline)
I stopped all regimen 1.5month ago. I strongly believe restarting meds will rescue some effectivness. Its like with smoking ciggarets or drinking beer. For first times you gonna "feel it strong" with minimal usage but then you are adaptating with it.

Starting meds again in early february. I just started finasteride too late. Now i will jump on big 3 at the sime time adding 2.5g of ru to 60ml minoxidil bottle. If i will not get NW1 passive-stable status. Ill jump alone on dutasteride.

Yeah my hair is not oily I just didn't shampoo for a while. My hair is usually insanely dry, my hair can't retain any moisture. Like sebum doesn't ever produce and conditioner does nothing. The texture of my hair was vastly changed. Don't ever use accutane or baking soda in your hair. Now i am fucked. Can diffuse thinners get transplants?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If its dry wash your head with pretty warm/hot water + scalp blood flow will be increased.

jackjohn12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get a hair transplant with diffuse thinning. Im trying to figure out whats the best method for me when it gets obvious. transplant, or SMP but I feel like SMP is noticeable.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get a hair transplant with diffuse thinning. Im trying to figure out whats the best method for me when it gets obvious. transplant, or SMP but I feel like SMP is noticeable.

You have way too much density to even consider a transplant, you're very much in the early early stages . If your scalp is really oily then use Neutrogena for greasy scalp, it will do wonders and your head will feel more relaxed.

Depending if your lost hairs have turned vellus or not you may be able to get some density back. Nothing wrong with using minoxidil, I use 2ml twice a day mixed in with another 4ml of ethanol and no problems, dries in 30 minutes, no stickiness.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes he might consider adding minoxidil if propecia doesnt work . For me propecia wasn't enough for my diffuse thinning

jackjohn12

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have way too much density to even consider a transplant, you're very much in the early early stages . If your scalp is really oily then use Neutrogena for greasy scalp, it will do wonders and your head will feel more relaxed.

Depending if your lost hairs have turned vellus or not you may be able to get some density back. Nothing wrong with using minoxidil, I use 2ml twice a day mixed in with another 4ml of ethanol and no problems, dries in 30 minutes, no stickiness.
I dont want to get sexual side effects considering accutane left me with some mild ED. Basically I need v**** for sex usually.

jackjohn12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use that too as it's cheap and a bottle lasts 3 months for me, but I don't think it does much.

4% more hair according to their trials (because it forces the hairs that should be 'sleeping' to grow).

So 4% of the 4500 hairs my FUE gave me = 180 more visible hairs? I'm taking them!

Ah we're really happy with f*****g scraps.
Should I use minoxdil or just get a transplant when its bad. And do I have to take minoxdil after the transplant.

jackjohn12

My Regimen
Reaction score
this all started after I washed my hair with baking soda once. Could Baking soda possibly have cause me chronic telogen effluvium. My eyebrows are also thinning, and while my hair on my scalp is diffusely thinning, it is more noticeable at the crown and the temples. Definitely not good. Does anyone know if that means if I have CTE or diffuse unpatterned alopecia. I dont know if I have hard shedding, its just thin as f***.