18 years old, NW6

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can relate to this. Sometimes when I look bloated and tired and stuff, I think I'm so damn ugly... then on a good moment I can even look handome-ish. It's weird how much of a difference a bit of bloating and saggy eyes make.
i feel you hardcore on this. with diffusing, angle, lighting, and how short it is can change your opinion on your hair loss DRAMATICALLY.

last night i accidentally saw a bad pic of me and i nearly cried. this morning i shaved my head again and felt somewhat okay

damn relativity :/

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
I would suggest young guys to fight it, to save for FUE megasessions, to do something about it rather than pretending it doesn't affect them.

Sure but, its a fight you can't win. Enjoy your hair but know it won't last like most things. I saw a post about no sex drive after meds. Cause and effect people. People care too much about what others think.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im increasingly feeling that I don't belong here. If some of you saw me in public you would hate me because I've just realised I still have a pretty damn good head of hair, just a bit of recession and a noticeable thin spot.

I guess this is just to point out that BDD really affects a person while others think they have it good. For some reason I can just never accept comments from people telling me Im handsome. I've been told I resemble Brad Pitt or a young Cary Elwes but I can never get past my own perceptions. I think it's good that way and very humbling though. My own insecurities have most likely kept me from very good opportunities unfortunately.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
I started losing my hair when I was 17. It was tough but instead of complaining all the time, I started doing A LOT of research on the subject - and this was long before Propecia, the internet, HairLossTalk.com, etc. I suggest you do the same, I'm sure there are several treatments and solutions out there just waiting to be discovered. Cet seems to be very promising... By the way, I'm 36 today and still a NW2.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Im increasingly feeling that I don't belong here. If some of you saw me in public you would hate me because I've just realised I still have a pretty damn good head of hair, just a bit of recession and a noticeable thin spot.

I guess this is just to point out that BDD really affects a person while others think they have it good. For some reason I can just never accept comments from people telling me Im handsome. I've been told I resemble Brad Pitt or a young Cary Elwes but I can never get past my own perceptions. I think it's good that way and very humbling though. My own insecurities have most likely kept me from very good opportunities unfortunately.
I know I don't belong here anymore but this is the closest I can find for a BDD forum that I like. Wow, Thom you are definitely the "younger" version of me. I see so many similarities in you that I saw in myself at your age.

Helios

Reaction score
I started losing my hair when I was 17. It was tough but instead of complaining all the time, I started doing A LOT of research on the subject - and this was long before Propecia, the internet, HairLossTalk.com, etc. I suggest you do the same, I'm sure there are several treatments and solutions out there just waiting to be discovered. Cet seems to be very promising... By the way, I'm 36 today and still a NW2.

What is Cet anyway? Cetirizine?

Don't know if this is normal, i'm loosing hair on the right frontal side of my head pretty quick, the left seems to be the same as 6 months ago NW1 and right starting to thin to a NW3, even lost some hair on my temple there.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
What is Cet anyway? Cetirizine?...
Yes, but I never tried it. There are several threads on cet and it shows great promise. Why don't you give it a try and tell us about it? You'd be doing yourself and everyone else on HairLossTalk.com a great favor. (The only reason why I don't try it is simply because I have no time to spare and finasteride is still working well for me)

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What is Cet anyway? Cetirizine?

Don't know if this is normal, i'm loosing hair on the right frontal side of my head pretty quick, the left seems to be the same as 6 months ago NW1 and right starting to thin to a NW3, even lost some hair on my temple there.

yes it is Cetirizine. Regarding your hair on one side going quicker than the other, it is quite normal but don't worry, the other side will eventually catch up sooner or later...:(

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can definitely see that House! We seem to view the world through the same lens, always thinking and always trying to improve.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

I used to be a service guy in my mid twenties. You have NO idea how much I used to be hit on by women/customers. Like out right "let's F". I can't tell you how many told me I looked like Tom cruise. I remember I was out on a date with some girl/friend and we were playing pool and some drunk "guy" actually walked over and told me on his way to the pisser.

Man I miss those days. Personally I never saw it. I always thought I looked more like Andrew WK or Matt Hardy the wrestler, and they are NOT attractive men.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can definitely see that House! We seem to view the world through the same lens, always thinking and always trying to improve.
oh u forgot to mention a lot better looking than a lot of us here (especially me) and getting way more action as well

yea . . . . . . no pity for you man

ah well im probably better at call of duty zombies and im pretty sure i know more about rock music

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahaha cheer up! Join Plenty of Fish!

Yeah I found a great uplifting study this morning!

baldmen.jpg

IM SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY

I saw this picture online and these were the first words that popped into my head! I had to make!

If you can't laugh at yourself a bit

whymewhynow

Reaction score
at least you are young and by the time you are 20 you can learn to deal with it. The worst sufferers come from those who had a taste of the good life, then lost it thanks to hair loss. Being one of the most attractive guys was a great feeling, now......

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1) Giving up is for cowards
2) Hit the gym and get massive
3) Rock a tan
4) Take your anger out when you're plowing all the girls you pick up