18 Years Old And Suffering Because Of My Hair

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about S5 cream? I was told it doesn't go systemic
Never heard of anyone having success with that on here, can't hurt though, another weapon in your arsenal. Wouldn't rely on it as my only anti androgen though

helloimhere

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I take dutasteride as well as finasteride, will this have no benefit? Should I take 0.5mg dutasteride every other day

g.i joey

Reaction score
I'm not gonna kill myself if I get gyno and go infertile

Lol those are the least of your worries if you hop on this hrt treatment. First of all, the way you're thinking nownwill completely change. Depression will most likely be a side effect. So if you're losing your sh*t now without drugs that cause depression and yournonly worry is hairloss. I can almost guarantee you'll wanna die once your depressed, have tits, no hair, liver problems, major dick problems and more. And remember the hairloss will resume once you stop those drugs, some of the other sides can and will be permanent.

helloimhere

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I take dutasteride as well as finasteride, will this have no benefit? Should I take 0.5mg dutasteride every other day?
I've got 6 months of spironolactone already and I'm not sure how much of that to take, the tablets are 100mg each, think I should split them up? I think a low dosage of spironolactone is fine, might have to skip the estrogen then

Halapaya_56

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really need someone's input now.. I used saw palmetto for 8months and took up too 800mg a day I think and got sides for a long time around 6 months after I stopped taking it.. So I'm very hesitant to even try finasteride because of sides.. So I bought S5 cream and I was told that next to nobody gets sides from it. You guys are just talking about oral spironolactone correct? Cause those sides sounds suicidal

Finasteride is known for it's sides. I also would not recommend trying that out since it could lead to impotence or ED. Though I'm not sure of the generic ones, they said it has lower risks of side effects.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're going to f*** your body up big time. I would rather die than pump my body full of estrogen. Unless you are trans, you should never be taking estrogen. spironolactone isn't as bad, but it will still affect you sexually and mentally. I definitely wouldn't recommend either. If your so concerned that you're willing to take things this far (when they may not even get your hair all back), then why not just try a hair piece. I am thinking of trying something like this in the next year and my hair isn't close to your level of hair loss yet.

Halapaya_56

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're going to f*** your body up big time. I would rather die than pump my body full of estrogen. Unless you are trans, you should never be taking estrogen. spironolactone isn't as bad, but it will still affect you sexually and mentally. I definitely wouldn't recommend either. If your so concerned that you're willing to take things this far (when they may not even get your hair all back), then why not just try a hair piece. I am thinking of trying something like this in the next year and my hair isn't close to your level of hair loss yet.

I think that's a good one.

Depression

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right now on the forum I see a lot of people touting the successes of estrogen and spironolactone but on this thread people blame him and try to reason with him.

What has changed from 2017 to today?

Dashing_uk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I wish everyone here the best of luck. Nobody should have to deal with this. I've seen some amazing results from some users who are on a high dosage of spironolactone, but they seem to be on estrogen too. Does estrogen help with hair growth/quality? I'll seriously consider ordering some if it does.. I don't care about the side effects of infertility or breast growth, at this point I'd rather just have nice hair.
It's messing with my life, this has been happening since the beginning of 2016. I've been skipping college a lot because of it and I'm a nervous wreck.
Is your head burning at all if it is it could be trichodynia you sound on the edge i would defo see a Doctor this is overwhelming you may need some Proponalol for your anxiety that could be causing your hair loss it’s a vicious circle ,get yourself calm the rest may follow hopefully,it’s helped me no end.

Dashing_uk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try Hugh Rushton on Harley St he is world renowned and very approachable and not as expensive as you think ,he will write to your doctor and organise blood tests he swears by Nutrihair supplement.It’s about £150 for consultation but please check before you book and can organise blood tests on the day that you pay for round the corner or write to your doctor to get him to do it .I started seeing him 25 years ago i use his lotion and finestranide (excuse the spelling ) also supplied by him and it’s about £60 a month delivered to your door and i still have a lot of hair at 53.Please google him he’s a top bloke in his field you won’t get better than him

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get a hair system or shave it with the clippers with no guard on...

I wouldn't bother with hair loss meds, as the side effects can be truly awful.
I used to take them but stopped as got a dull testicle pain like a feeling of being kicked in the nuts over and over.
And trouble with getting and keeping an erection as a result.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is your head burning at all if it is it could be trichodynia you sound on the edge i would defo see a Doctor this is overwhelming you may need some Proponalol for your anxiety that could be causing your hair loss it’s a vicious circle ,get yourself calm the rest may follow hopefully,it’s helped me no end.
CBD oil/vape over that crap...
I despise meds for anxiety, as they have terrible side effects. At the last resort if after trying decent quality and potent CBD if it doesn't work well enough, then the meds route is the last resort.
I've tried many. I can't take that one with moderate asthma anyway.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gosh… It hurts so much to see very young people with advanced forms of Androgenetic Alopecia, like mine situation as well. I hope that you have found success, mate. This hair loss curse is destroying our lives…