18 Years Old And Suffering Because Of My Hair

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@helloimhere look estrogen has permanent sides. It's my obligation to at least tell you it's a suicide mission for most people. You will get side effects 100%. Search on the web for stories of people on trt to see what you're coming up against. That's all.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Yeah dude cmon not estrogen, not even spironolactone... instead if yournreally serious about thisnjust get on 1mg dutasteride daily. You have a lot of mini hairs. These could grow thicker and hopefully give you coverage.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Right now you have 1 aspect to worry about, hairloss. If you go through with spironolactone and estro you will have many more reasons to depressed. Useless dick, fatter, facial appearance changing, breasts, REAL hormone induced depression, unable to concentrate and much much more. You're risking almost everything for some hair. Please don't be stupid and get on the strongest acceptable treatment, dutasteride. Take dutasteride and finasteride if you want, add minoxidil, you're still young man you could get it back and maintain till 30 if all goes well.

If you go through with these hrt meds I can guarantee that in a year from now you'll be battling hair loss and multiple other problems you've probably have never imagined dealing with. It's a very stupid decision man.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
to the OP ; never ever take spironolactone or oestrogen , this is just not suitable for a man . do you wan't to become a female ? are you a transgender ?
Just take dutasteride and 15 % minoxidil . Never go further this is insane .
T get regrowyh with spironolactone and oestrogen , you will have to take dosage which cause permanent gyno and erectyle dysfunction . this is crazy

helloimhere

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. I don't want to become a woman. I don't want to be bald.. what can I say? I'd rather have a bit of gyno then not lose hair. Spironolactone is a common treatment for hair conditions with men and I will only take a low dosage of Estrogen so the side effects from it shouldn't be too crippling. Besides I already sent the money..

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i know your feel bro . i am 23 and propecia is not working and gave me slight gyno . So i will have to chose between having a gyno and hair or being bald with a great body. Because i will have to take duta .

helloimhere

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you should give it a try. Estradiol wont kill you, they are afraid of everything, dont listen to them. Gynecomasty is a reversible side effect if you stop after few months. But ... I dont really believe it will be a real cure alone.
Try first dutasteride ... in 12 months add spironolactone + 0,5mg estradiol.
Maybe 2,5mg oral minoxidil, and later 5mg if no improvement.
Thanks. Dutasteride is expensive though and I don't have too much money at all.. Will Finasteride be good enough? I'll surely see progress on Finasteride, Spironolactone, Estradiol, minoxidil, keto shampoo and biotin though.. r-right?
i know your feel bro . i am 23 and propecia is not working and gave me slight gyno . So i will have to chose between having a gyno and hair or being bald with a great body. Because i will have to take duta .
I've only been on finasteride for like 40 days so it might get better I hope

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree 100% with @g.i joey. Not telling you ''don't you ever touch those other drugs'', but think about giving the finasteride + duta +minoxidil + keto combo a time. Forget biotin.

Last edited:

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
plz don't do this plz i took finasteride 3 days fealt slight sides probably the pelo effect it it put me in a depression mode cuz i read myself to all the horror stories of ed and loss of libido that i am still fighting 3 months after I stopped so imagine what estrogen is gona do to u seeing ur self change to the worse for hair is not woth it really
I know hair loss is death to a young man
ur doing good with ur meds now stick with them they worked for alot of ppl and of they dont try other options but plz it's saddening me seeingq young man go throw this choice :(

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Best to give the conventional treatments a go first, finasteride, dutasteride and minoxidil. Recent hair loss often leads to remarkable recoveries in responders. spironolactone and estradiol or extreme options if conventional treatments don't work but should not be your first line of attack.

It's not just breasts you have to worry about, liver toxicity, feminisation, impotence and sterilisation are also likely. It's a big sacrifice for hair. Only those who value hair above all else should consider spironolactone or estradiol, and then only after conventional treatments for at least one year.
It's by no means a certainty, but many people as bad or worse than you have made remarkable recoveries. Just have a look at the first page of the success stories sub forum for evidence

Last edited:

CapiLarry

Reaction score
I agree with the people who've advised against spironolactone and estrogen. You're young and while it absolutely sucks that you're dealing with hairloss it's likely that standard treatment of finasteride/minoxidil will eventually yield results.

I empathize with your situation but taking estrogen will in no way make you a healthier dude - It's simply not worth it!

best of luck!

BoughtTheTShirt

My Regimen
Reaction score
@helloimhere, your story brought back memories (not good ones). I had a wide part at 16, about the same as you at 18, and pretty bald by my early to mid-twenties.

Don't use estrogen. If it doesn't work, and you end up with side effects, you'll have two things to be self-conscious about. There are lots of treatments to try first.

Besides... It gets better. It really does.

I know I wouldn't have believed it, but I'm at a point where I'm bald and I'm good with it. Maybe you will too? Even if you don't, maybe you'll find a treatment that you like. Try those first.

Long term is a long time. Things will change, but choices you make today can be permanent.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Best to give the conventional treatments a go first, finasteride, dutasteride and minoxidil. Recent hair loss often leads to remarkable recoveries in responders. spironolactone and estradiol or extreme options if conventional treatments don't work but should not be your first line of attack.

It's not just breasts you have to worry about, liver toxicity, feminisation, impotence and sterilisation are also likely. It's a big sacrifice for hair. Only those who value hair above all else should consider spironolactone or estradiol, and then only after conventional treatments for at least one year.
It's by no means a certainty, but many people as bad or worse than you have made remarkable recoveries. Just have a look at the first page of the success stories sub forum for evidence
What about S5 cream? I was told it doesn't go systemic

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really need someone's input now.. I used saw palmetto for 8months and took up too 800mg a day I think and got sides for a long time around 6 months after I stopped taking it.. So I'm very hesitant to even try finasteride because of sides.. So I bought S5 cream and I was told that next to nobody gets sides from it. You guys are just talking about oral spironolactone correct? Cause those sides sounds suicidal