18,male, Early Signs Of Balding, What Can I Do?

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the best he can do is not to start anything yet and monitor the situation weekly

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Plus he seems to have some issues of high estrogen, I wonder if this is is doing anything good to his hair, possibly yes

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Um what are you talking about. Hair loss is due to DHT. Estrogen blockers block estrogen. It’s not even related
DHT is the primary cause yes but just cutting it out isn't even enough for some. Estrogen is good for hair and he's potentially missing out on regrowth by using a blocker. It's roughly a 15% increase, that's f*** all to bother blocking.

DanTheDragon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah just mature hair line, no big deal ...

this is a maturing hairline at 18?
Some people I see have a straight across so I was a bit worried.

I've never gotten my Estrogen tested, but my gyno is barely noticeable so I'm fortunate, if it gets any bigger it could be very noticeable which I want to avoid.

I already have the minoxidil, Would it be bad to use it and see if it gives me the hairline that I find ideal or would using it cause other problems?

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've never gotten my Estrogen tested, but my gyno is barely noticeable so I'm fortunate, if it gets any bigger it could be very noticeable which I want to avoid.

I already have the minoxidil, Would it be bad to use it and see if it gives me the hairline that I find ideal or would using it cause other problems?

A friend of mine, 16 years, had the same ... now he's 25yo ... still the same. Be patient, take pictures every 6 months.
You shoudnl't try minoxidil ... you will have to take it for life, and if you don't have hair loss ....
Or do as you want, panic and do stupid things :/

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Dude, my advice is to avoid minoxidil, your hairline is fine , really. There's no need to start anything, just keep track of it weekly with fotos and if it's going worse then that's the moment

DanTheDragon

My Regimen
Reaction score
A friend of mine, 16 years, had the same ... now he's 25yo ... still the same. Be patient, take pictures every 6 months.
You shoudnl't try minoxidil ... you will have to take it for life, and if you don't have hair loss ....
Or do as you want, panic and do stupid things :/

Dude, my advice is to avoid minoxidil, your hairline is fine , really. There's no need to start anything, just keep track of it weekly with fotos and if it's going worse then that's the moment

Okay, Thank you all soo much for helping me out :)
I'll do as you guys suggest and monitor it with pictures,If it gets worse I may come back for some advice.

Again, Thank you all!