105.3 KB · Views: 3,554
  • IMG_20160909_220252.jpg
    IMG_20160909_220252.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 6,440

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take finasteride; it's really your only option. I did it when I was 17 and I've stopped losing hair.

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to a dermatologist and he told me to get Platelet Rich plasma therapy. Would that help in regrowth?

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one of us here wants to go bald brother. Unfortunately we are stuck with it until something promising comes. From what I have read around finasteride definitely helps but It's not the safest thing in the world and you will have to make a choice between your sexual health and hair. Do your research, weight up risks and benefits and go on from there. For me, I have decided not to take finasteride and trying alternatives like Minxodil and maybe topical finasteride.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went to a dermatologist and he told me to get Platelet Rich plasma therapy. Would that help in regrowth?
if you got the cash PRP could maybe help. There's alot of crazy over charging with that and its not exactly proven to work. There's some evidence it works though. But also its not permanent. Man your situation sucks(Being so young). Im not gonna lie, but if you do something NOW you can be ok. You have thick hair strands at least and you can maybe regrow a good amount since your so young. Id say take Finasteride for sure if you were 20. At 17 id talk to a knowledgeable dr. Not just any dr. Someone who deals w/ hair and Finasteride. Most people are fine on Finasteride its like 2-3% get Side effects. I was terrified of it at first. Now at 9 months i feel fine, libido is almost to much and erections are as good or better. Idk how but im not gonna over think it lol oh and hair much fuller and healthier. Idont think rogaine will do it for you, i could be wrong. It could buy you a cpl years maybe but usually when it hits that young its fairly aggressive. Your probably gonna need finasteride to save your hair. Good Luck man, i hope the best for you

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And hey, while your waiting to do something real, get Some viviscal or a decent hair vitamin to at least ensure your getting proper nutrients to your hair. Viviscal will NOT stop your hair loss but i do believe it helps the quality and strength of my hair. Just a thought. its 35 bucks at wal mart and There's a $5 Coupon inside

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
And hey, while your waiting to do something real, get Some viviscal or a decent hair vitamin to at least ensure your getting proper nutrients to your hair. Viviscal will NOT stop your hair loss but i do believe it helps the quality and strength of my hair. Just a thought. its 35 bucks at wal mart and There's a $5 Coupon inside
I have been taking biotin 5 mg for a week

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
I have been taking biotin 5 mg for a week
that definitely wont hurt, but i dont think it'll be enough. I did the "Natural" treatments as a preventitive measure against hair loss for idk 7-8 years from 26 or so until 34 when i got on finasteride. I didn't lose any hair until 32 and im still a norwood 1 or 1.5 so i do believe saw palmetto and the other main naturals can help at least kinda slow things down a bit. But with that said DO NOT Rely on naturals to stop your hair loss. You'll waste a year or two and a bunch of money and your hair loss may get worse and not be able to regrow

Last edited:

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to a dermatologist. Will discuss various treatment options with him. Any other things that I can do?

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ask him about Topical finasteride or topicals like mixed Min and finasteride. Several users I know from India have reported using it and it's helping them maintain their hair. Also update whatever happens.

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's called
Ask him about Topical finasteride or topicals like mixed Min and finasteride. Several users I know from India have reported using it and it's helping them maintain their hair. Also update whatever happens.
It's called Morr-F but there's not a lot of evidence to prove that it works just as good as oral finasteride

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It might not give you regrowth but help you maintain. I guess at this age you don't wanna start finasteride so try going topical since sides will be minimized.

Sam227

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It might not give you regrowth but help you maintain. I guess at this age you don't wanna start finasteride so try going topical since sides will be minimized.
My parents wouldn't let me take finasteride. Minoxidil is the only option I have

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
My parents wouldn't let me take finasteride. Minoxidil is the only option I have

And they will be right.

A few days ago a guy committed suicide (he was 16 or 17) because of finasteride sides which he took at 16 years old to beat the hairloss. It fucked up his body.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not looking too bad but you will eventually be quite bald, thats for sure. Your best option is to try to halt hairloss and get transplants down the road but minoxidil is not gonna slow it down much, if at all, you need stronger stuff to stop it. Finasteride will work for a while, maybe many years, but only Dutasteride can stop it completely so you still have the same hair as now when you are 30.

However i advice you to see your doctor about possible metabolic or endocrine disorders that can cause hairloss. In general all teens who experience hairloss should undergo testing for such disorders, if you can find an underlying condition and treat it your hair will grow back and you will not need to worry about it again for many years. Two conditions that cause early onset male pattern baldness are hypothyroid and hyperthyroid, look them up and see if you had any of the symptoms, most people will not notice if they have those conditions early in life.

Vitamins and supplements are wasted money but if you feel they give you hope it could be worth the money. Hair dont simply fall straight out on young people who dont eat vitamins, then most people would be bald. You will not find a single case where people really stopped loss and regrew hair from vitamins, no evidence or research support the possibility.

lbj2

Reaction score
If I were you, I'd find a way to get on finasteride. Your sexual development is presumably done. Each year of hairloss can be substantial at such a young age until DHT is inhibited. Maybe give some thought to topical dutasteride or finasteride, but I don't know that there's solid evidence of efficacy as to either.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A few days ago a guy committed suicide (he was 16 or 17) because of finasteride sides which he took at 16 years old to beat the hairloss. It fucked up his body.
Suicidal people will usually kill themselves anyway, its just a matter of time, you couldnt possibly know the inner thoughts of that guy to prove it was finasteride that killed him. Even the ED problems from Finasteride are questionable, so many users and yet few come forward to say "i lost my erection permanently". We certainly need a bunch of users to come forward before we can say its a valid concern, then we need to screen out the ones who developed ED for other reasons.

The only guy i know who complained about minor ED problems was alcoholic and the ED he blamed finasteride for was after many days of constant heavy drinking, in other words unrelated to finasteride but it was easier to blame finasteride than admitting he was a pathetic alcohol addicted man.

Personally i found finasteride to improve the quality of sex every time i took a higher dose than usual with the effect lasting 2-3 days, i had more sex than usual and masturbated in addition, it was great =)

Last edited: