16 Month Update - Lucky_UK

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys

Def, Its hard to say if I am still losing, I have no bald patches behind my hair transplant but shed at least 30+ hairs a day, I find full healthy hairs (not miniturized) on my pillows, in the sink and on my towels when I dry my hair, I am concerned about my vertex as I look like I am starting to thin there but it is no worse than last year, I never took any notice of my vertex before I started finasteride.

I havn't had a haircut since April, my hair was very long, I went to the barbers yesterday and the barber's exact words were "fuckin ell, thats long!" my fringe was covering my eyes.
My hair is short again now (similar to how I was at 9 months post hair transplant)

I really think the finasteride is working, as Benign as many say this drug is (compared to womens birth control pills) I suffered sides, but stuck it out, its a routine for me now which I hope is worth it in the long term.

I use Nizoral once a week, I only use a very tiny amount, I use head and shoulders once a week and for the rest of the week I use Herbal Essences (tropical)

Lucky :freak:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Lucky, would you consider you hair texture overall: fine, medium, or coarse(very thick hairs)

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have very fine hair DH, both my mum and dad have very fine hair too, since taking finasteride it has thickened up, but its still very fine, the hair wax makes it look thicker.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Lucky, I am very glad to hear that because your hair looks awesome and I was worried if I ever needed a transplant my results would not be great because my hair is fine. I enjoy reading before and after posts on hair transplant. You definitely have one of the best results and you did not even have an Armani hair transplant.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't consider armani to be the best DH, he is good, no doubt about that but he is quite unethical for my liking, donor management is my biggest concern when it comes to Hair Transplantation.

ali777

Reaction score
You look good mate :hairy: ... Congratulations :punk:

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Just saw your website Lucky. You look good. :)

Petchsky

Reaction score
As you had your h/t done with feller, and i'm going for a similar procedure with the same guy, you are of special interest to me :) Love your hairlosshelp profile, cheers for taking the time to do it.

A few questions to fire your way if you care to indulge me.

1, It seems from your photos that the scar starts to fade by month 5?

2, How long did it take to stop being red and the grafts to fall out at the front...by day 5 you still looked very red in the recipient area...when did the front skin heal?

3, how long have you been on propecia?

4, How short can you go at the back with noticing the scar? Grade 3 i'm thinking...

No probs if you don't have an answer to any of the questions, i'm just concerned about the scar and for how long i will have to hide behind a baseball cap.

No one knows i'm getting a h/t, my girlfriend left me a few weeks ago and my current contract at works end soon, so by the time i recover from the h/t i'll have a whole new workplace. I'm hoping family and close friends will be to unobservant to notice... Seems to me you just went with the totally upfront approach and your girl, and friends know you have had work done? slipped another question in there...

s.a.f

Reaction score
Maybe I can help, It seems that your upcoming situation could be a perfect opportunity to get the hair transplant done.
The recipient area should return to normal within 7-10 days. But as with the scar it varies person to person depending on your skin characteristics and healing abilities. Most people should be able to get away with a grade 3 without the scar being noticible. (You of course will probably be able to spot it if you look for it).

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I may have some novice scar advice as I just hit 6 months on my hair transplant with Dr. Feller. The recipient area isn't growing at the rate I thought it would but that's probably b/c I think I expected too much at this point. I'll let you know in 2-3 more months what I really think about the recipient.

Some guys scar really well and some don't. It seems that I don't. The left side of my head is fine and completely unnoticeable. The right side however is still a little pink (which goes away soon I'm sure, as it has been steadily fading) and the scar is a little thicker with little to no hair growth in that area.

I'm not sure of measurements and all that but if I cut it down to a 3 you'd probably notice. I'm not posting this b/c I'm disgruntled in any way and I don't intend to put you off to the idea of having a hair transplant. I was asking the same questions you did when I first set sail for hair transplant island and I wanted all feedback good and bad. Just be aware that the scar has the potential to go very well or very not well depending on your scar characteristics.

Good luck with everything.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Right, thanks s.a.f and personguy.

All down to skin characteristics, i'm not sure whether i'm a good healer or not, but i'm not going to smoke at all as this affects healing time from what i have heard, i only like the jazz cigarettes anyway so won't be to hard to quit.

The different rates of healing on your scar sounds really strange, i would have thought it would just heal at the same pace.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi Petchsky

i'll answer as best as I can but s.a.f. is correct when he says healing varies from person to person

1, It seems from your photos that the scar starts to fade by month 5?
I think so, yes

2, How long did it take to stop being red and the grafts to fall out at the front...by day 5 you still looked very red in the recipient area...when did the front skin heal?
My hair transplant hairs fell out within a couple of weeks and I think it was a couple of months or so by the time the redness had gone

3, how long have you been on propecia?
I started around October 2006 so I have been taking it for nearly two years

4, How short can you go at the back with noticing the scar? Grade 3 i'm thinking...
Wrong person to ask, i'm sporting a mullet, but I guess I could go down to a #3 without scar detection

I wore caps and hats for a good 4+ months, I think if I grew my hair before the hair transplant I could of hidden it quite well, funny, I split with my girlfriend prior to having my hair transplant so I just chilled out and shyed away from social activities for a while.

All the best!

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Right, thanks s.a.f and personguy.

All down to skin characteristics, i'm not sure whether i'm a good healer or not, but i'm not going to smoke at all as this affects healing time from what i have heard, i only like the jazz cigarettes anyway so won't be to hard to quit.

The different rates of healing on your scar sounds really strange, i would have thought it would just heal at the same pace.

Quitting smoking is a good idea prior to strip hair transplant.
Nevertheless, if you go for strip, you must go assuming that the scar may be visible at #3 or less. There are some lucky ones that can buzz to #2, but its a rarity.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi Lucky. Thanks for posting all your progress on the web. I have been doing my own research lately and I have concluded that Feller is the best hair transplant surgeon considering all aspects including price. Your story simply substatiates this. What sides did you get while on propecia? And how long did you take it before they went away. I relaly want to get on propecia but whenever I do these dark rings appear below my eyes and It's relaly frsutrating because no one seems to be able to help me. Oh well regardless whenever I get a hair transplant I'm going with Feller :)

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments Person.

The result has exceeded my expectations and I am happy although I feel that I will need more work in the near future to refine the hairline and fill in an area where I banged my head a couple of months after the hair transplant (lost some grafts)

I suffered from a decreased libido and lethargy, I guess it was a good 12+ months before the sides became un-noticable, its funny that you mention the dark circles as I noticed I have slight bags under my eyes that are darker but that could be caused by anything.

Regards

Lucky

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
fantastic results lucky_uk!!!

I'm 24 have the same hair loss as you.Its starting to effect my career as a model ,so i need this badly to keep me going for another 10 years!!

I've got my consultation booked with HDC on Tuesday 23rd:)I'm so pleased they are in Cyprus.My sister lives out there so i can crash at hers for a few weeks post op!!perfect eh?

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great stuff addajc!

Are you having FUE or strip? it would be cool if you could document your experience and post it, I have seen a lot of results by HDC on the web and they look very natural, I would even go as far as saying they are one of the best FUE clinics.

I wish you all the best!

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks!I think its going to be strip.However lets see what happens at consultation!

This would never happen if it wasn't for my supporting parents who are paying for the hair transplant:)I will certainly start a new thread after consultation

Lucky_UK said:
Great stuff addajc!

Are you having FUE or strip? it would be cool if you could document your experience and post it, I have seen a lot of results by HDC on the web and they look very natural, I would even go as far as saying they are one of the best FUE clinics.

I wish you all the best!

amsch

Reaction score
Lucky UK, you look hot. (at least your hair does =P)
May i ask you how old you were on the day of the hair transplant? :)