16 Month Update - Lucky_UK

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Good for you man! Awesome results. You now have tons of hair. In comparison to your pre op shaved it's a whole different person. Congrats! Gives me hope lol.

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
nice results!

just one question.

In month 8, you said '.... I may need a second pass at some point to reach my goal'

What do you think at this stage?

It looks as if you have filled in nicely since that point.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cheers guys

Billy, I mentioned that i was thinking of a second pass to refine the hairline and also to fill in an area where I lost grafts at about 2 months post hair transplant, I walked into a half opened garage door and there was a lot of blood and a few grafts in my cap, I was wearing a cap because my hair hadn't yet started to regrow.

The hair around that area has grown but is thinner (or diffused looking) compared to the other side, I was thinking of a small FUE procedure as I want to conserve as many grafts as I can for any future hairloss I might experience.

Hope this answers your question.

Lucky

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey got a question. When you say "refine" the hairline is it just for the area where you lost grafts or is it the whole hairline? And if it's the whole hairline is it because it doesn't look dense enough? Or unnatural?
Thx

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If I am going to have a 2nd pass I might as well refine the hairline as well as fill in the area where I banged my head, I asked for my hairline to be jagged and I want to improve on that, I was only thinking of about 1000 grafts in total and then save my remaining doner for the future, I dont think many people can get away with a one pass hair transplant and be completely satisfied personguy, I asked Gillenator in a different post about using nape hair (i was thinking of using finer nape hair for my temples) but this can be a bit risky as nape hair also receeds as you age.

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously. f*****g wow.

This is the greatest testimonial for a hair transplant I have ever seen. How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I cant remember how much it was Bobby, Dr Feller has his prices on his website and its easy enough to convert the $'s into £'s if you live in the UK, I had 2500 grafts so its easy enough to calculate, add about £400 for flights and hotels and that should do.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!! you look awesome dude!! i wish i had a such great head of hair like that!!

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BobbyChalfont said:
Seriously. f****ing wow.
How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

I checked the cost with Spex and I paid $7850 which in UK money was about £4000 for 2500 grafts

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
I dont think many people can get away with a one pass hair transplant and be completely satisfied.

I sure hope so b/c I don't plan to go back for one for a long time. I'd hate to think I spent the money and time I did only to see a less than adequate result, but time will tell. For now it's just the waiting game. Sorry if this was a slight hijack lol. Again congrats on your growth and success.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think its a case of hair greed that usually makes people want to go back for more. If you see that its made a improvement you start to raise your expectations and wonder how much better it could get.

bucs220

Reaction score
Hey Lucky dig the locks Bro. I see that you use Nizoral 2 to 3 a week. Do you wash your scalp on the other days & if so what do you use? I plan to do a procedure before too long & want to have a good regimen, cheers!

amsch

Reaction score
Are you losing hair right now? I really wish i could handle propecia, worked well for me...

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Lucky - hair is looking awesome, dude. Very well done.

I have one question - are you still losing hair outside of your hair transplant zone? That is, when you style and wash your hair, are you still finding hair all over your hands etc (more than natural 50-100 a day loss)?

Reason I ask is that I'm thinking of getting an hair transplant. However, even though my thinning is only noticeable on my crown, I can *feel* the difference between the hair on the sides and back of my head and that all over the top of my head. If I part my hair, for example, the part is wider on the top of my scalp (even where there is no noticeable loss) than the back and sides.

I still lose hair when I wash, dry and style it and so am wondering whether I should even bother getting an hair transplant... I guess filling in my crown will at least give me a few more years of good hair and then I may start needing top ups if the rest of the top progresses...

Def