15% Minoxidil Gone - What's Next for You?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
lakota said:
Ive seen way more posts of people having success using Dr Lee's products over the years than Dr Proctors.... nuff said

That's because far more people actually USED Dr. Lee's products than Dr. Proctor's products.... nuff said.

Let's face it: Dr. Lee was basically just someone whose main purpose in life was to specialize in selling various versions of topical minoxidil which were relatively inexpensive, and appealed to the average person: less greasy minoxidil, or minoxidil without propylene glycol, or higher concentrations of minoxidil than what you get with Rogaine. He was very successful at doing that, but he wasn't into doing original research with numerous completely different drugs like what appear in Prox-N and Proxiphen, and go above and beyond ordinary minoxidil. That's Dr. Proctor's bailiwick.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
lakota said:
Ive seen way more posts of people having success using Dr Lee's products over the years than Dr Proctors.... nuff said

That's because far more people actually USED Dr. Lee's products than Dr. Proctor's products.... nuff said.

Let's face it: Dr. Lee was basically just someone whose main purpose in life was to specialize in selling various versions of topical minoxidil which were relatively inexpensive, and appealed to the average person: less greasy minoxidil, or minoxidil without propylene glycol, or higher concentrations of minoxidil than what you get with Rogaine. He was very successful at doing that, but he wasn't into doing original research with numerous completely different drugs like what appear in Prox-N and Proxiphen, and go above and beyond ordinary minoxidil. That's Dr. Proctor's bailiwick.

"go above and beyond ordinary minoxidil" :laugh:

Original research with nothing to back it up with. That's Dr. Proctor's bailiwick.

adam1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on 15% from perfect image and its working already on my hairline within 4 weeks, im exstatic and worried at the same time. Only ordered 3 bottles, so i wont last past april. I guess i have to pray that rogaine works or try something else.

If anyone has any other good 5% minoxidil thats worked for them that would be great? :)

Rocky V

Established Member
Reaction score
adam 1987 said:
Been on 15% from perfect image and its working already on my hairline within 4 weeks, im exstatic and worried at the same time. Only ordered 3 bottles, so i wont last past april. I guess i have to pray that rogaine works or try something else.

If anyone has any other good 5% minoxidil thats worked for them that would be great? :)

I suggest you use topical spironolactone and minoxidil so you can atleast have that anti-androgen aspect as a sub for azelaic acid.

try topical rogaine and topical spironolactone.

Kzbd

Reaction score
So you can't post a question in here without Bryan evangelizing? Man, warn him or something. Does he own the place?

adam1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice rocky, i just tried to order the topical spironolactone from the site, but its just refreshing the page when i enter my details, which are correct, what do i do?

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
Sometimes I wonder how the mods can allow this spamming by Bryan

I wonder this too. He unabashedly shills that prox stuff all the time. He just will not get off dr. proc's d***. He takes his word for pretty much everything. Seems very suspect.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I don't know why you guys get so angry at Bryan. So what if he is a fan of Proctor's? I've never used Proctor's stuff and I have never seen anything to convince me to use it--however, if I somehow knew somebody in the industry and trusted them on their stuff working I would probably be promoting their stuff too.

When I see Bryan saying that Proctor's stuff is 100% the best and that you are stupid to use lesser products, then I will say he is being a total shill. I have never really seen that from him.

Jacob

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
I don't know why you guys get so angry at Bryan. So what if he is a fan of Proctor's? I've never used Proctor's stuff and I have never seen anything to convince me to use it--however, if I somehow knew somebody in the industry and trusted them on their stuff working I would probably be promoting their stuff too.

When I see Bryan saying that Proctor's stuff is 100% the best and that you are stupid to use lesser products, then I will say he is being a total shill. I have never really seen that from him.

Actually he HAS said things like that..CONSTANTLY. He keeps saying it's the OBVIOUS choice...even though there is zero evidence that it works better than even plain minoxidil. He puts down Dr Lee and his products, and asks for evidence for HIS claims, as well as many others. He's pushing/promoting Prox and NANO at any opportunity he can. Read the numerous examples given in these threads(one can go back years and fill pages of such examples). And the examples I gave of him saying others should provide evidence of something before anyone should bother with it(that Nanoxidil or whatever is one example).

Even when he's called on it..he keeps doing it. Reminds me of any of the spammers that show up in these forums. Only Bryan keeps getting away with it..for over 10 years.

And again..he doesn't even use the stuff himself. Hasn't .in.it looks like..well over ten years. So don't bother asking him for the latest before/afters :woot:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
jksl said:
Nene said:

I wonder this too. He unabashedly shills that prox stuff all the time. He just will not get off dr. proc's d***. He takes his word for pretty much everything. Seems very suspect.

It's called freedom of speech. I can say most anything I want, as long as I believe what I say, and say it honestly and ethically. Is that any different from mentioning any other product, like Propecia, Rogaine, Revivogen, Dr. Lee's products, Folligen, Tricomin, etc.? Why are the two of you so upset when I mention Dr. Proctor's products, but don't piss and moan when anybody mentions any of those other things? :dunno:

By the way, I generally only mention them when there's a really good reason to do that, like when somebody is stressed about the "side effects" he thinks he's getting from Propecia, and want's to know if there's something else he can try, as a substitute. It's always shocking to me that so many people (newbies, usually) have never even HEARD of Proxiphen. I have no problem at all with mentioning it as a possible substitute for Propecia. Better get used to it! :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
jksl said:
Nene said:

It's called freedom of speech. I can say most anything I want, as long as I believe what I say, and say it honestly and ethically. Is that any different from mentioning any other product, like Propecia, Rogaine, Revivogen, Dr. Lee's products, Folligen, Tricomin, etc.? Why are the two of you so upset when I mention Dr. Proctor's products, but don't piss and moan when anybody mentions all those other things? :dunno:

By the way, I generally only mention them when there's a really good reason to do that, like when somebody is stressed about the "side effects" he thinks he's getting from Propecia, and want's to know if there's something else he can try, as a substitute. It's always shocking to me that so many people (newbies, usually) have never even HEARD of Proxiphen. I have no problem at all with mentioning it as a possible substitute for Propecia. Better get used to it! :)

And there's Bryan...playing stupid. You said two words that disqualifies you from your high horse position there. "Ethically"and "Honestly". That and "Is that any different from mentioning any other product, like Propecia, Rogaine, Revivogen, Dr. Lee's products, Folligen, Tricomin, etc.? " Uh...yes it is different. Because you have been pushing Proctor and his crap(one could say exclusively) for 10+ years. Frequently calling it the OBVIOUS choice and other similar fantasies. And while doing so..putting other companies and even docs down..and calling for evidence from them when Dr. Proctor has nothing to show for his own. That is UNethical. It is DIShonest.

Of course you have no problem mentioning it. Thats' what spammers/shills do.

Again...

Something you(Bryan) said..here at HairLossTalk.com.. about a week ago:
Agreed. Let's wait for clinical trials published in a medical journal (even just ONE such trial), before assuming that it grows any hair at all on human heads.
This was on Nanoxidil..it was in response to
Your paying double for something for which you have no idea wether its effective or not.
You can see that here: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=42&p=661321

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=71087&start=40

Jacob

Reaction score
I had clicked on my "user control panel" and noticed the 2 sticky threads on that page. A quote from the one(from the Admin here):
Never judge a treatment based on what you've heard about it online. Always judge a treatment based on its ingredients, and the science backing them. Period.
from http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=51134

First I had to chuckle since both Proctor and Bryan all these years have mentioned "mysterious ingredients" not listed on the labels or even divulged in these forums. These "mysterious ingredients" are supposed to make the product even better....a nice...though weird(and unethical)...sales pitch.

Then the "and the science backing them." All we have is Proctor's word.

So it's even more baffling...why he keeps getting away with it..as others too have mentioned.

Cassin

Reaction score
jksl said:
Nene said:

Based on what? Accusations against Bryan?

Accusations don't mean much to me. I can't even begin to think of how many times I have been accused of working for someone.

Jacob

Reaction score
:shakehead:

I mean...seriously...... :shakehead: :laugh:

10+...more like 15+ years of this pushing exclusively Proctor crap.

Cassin

Reaction score
Jacob said:
:shakehead:

I mean...seriously...... :shakehead: :laugh:

10+...more like 15+ years of this pushing exclusively Proctor crap.

Jacob...I have had plenty of people tell me you work for various companies. Are you banned?

Jacob

Reaction score
Cassin...do you see me pushing any company over any other...making claims for them w/out any evidence while demanding evidence for other products/docs(did you see just the latest examples I posted?)..as well as ridiculing and putting them down(Dr. Lee, for example) Saying they are the OBVIOUS choice over and over again..saying the crappy 20 year old before/afters are awesome and anyone saying otherwise is a liar...Oh..and then not even using the stuff that is supposed to be the OBVIOUS choice..so no one can ask for before/after updates..? Doing all of this for 15+ years. Just with Proctors crap. All these other things that have come out..and yet Proctor's is still the OBVIOUS choice :shock:

As I said in another post... I'm glad we can at least point this stuff out here. But there's no way you can defend what he's being doing all this time.

Cassin

Reaction score
Jacob said:
But there's no way you can defend what he's being doing all this time.

I'm not defending anyone or accusing anyone. All I know is as someone who has been accused many....many....many times I don't put much into accusations.

Jacob

Reaction score
These aren't even really accusations. It's reality. It's...you're gonna love this...OBVIOUS :shock:

Even if he were just doing this for a month..it'd be OBVIOUS. He's been doing it for 15+ YEARS!