1400 Grafts Fue Dense Pack With Dr. Keser (27-29 September 2016)

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm on this forum since 2006, I'm about norwood 2 and thanks to finasteride I stopped my hairloss but never had my temples back.
My story so far: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/starscreams-story.20559/

In the last week of september I flew to Ankara (I'm Italian) to have surgery with dr. Keser. He used 1400 grafts via FUE to restore my hairline and reinforce my temple points. I returned to Italy on friday 30.

The surgery lasted 3 days.
500 grafts were used on the first day for the right temple, the worst one
500 on the second day for the central hairline up to the left temple
400 on the last day for the left temple and the temple points

19% were single grafts, used for the first line and the temple points
60% doubles
21% multiples (triple or more)

About 65-70 grafts per cm2 of density

Pictures (you can click on some of them to enlarge)

BEFORE
pre.jpg

WP_20160927_11_55_05_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy f*** that's gonna look good.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Grand slam expected. At 7 days you looked exactly like me in terms of healing. Same hair colour and calibre to an extent too. Shaved head looks best on dark haired guys as the hair stands out.

Hi Wolf, thanks for answering me. Where can i find pictures of your hair transplant?
I asked myselff maybe I posted in the wrong section of the forum? Can you please move my thread here? https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/forums/fue-follicular-unit-extraction-discussions.55/

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here I am after 19 days. Reddening is fading away and hair is a little longer but transplated hair are falling out so it is a little hard to hide it all and appear "normal" anyway.

As usual click to enlarge

host image

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
How much was this? seems like something I will consider if finasteride keeps working well for me.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Donor almost normal looking now.

I feel like I have some zones with less hair, I don't know if it is a wrong sensation since I never looked at my donor before the operation. Maybe I have some shock loss I don't know. The transplanted zones still appear slightly reddish above all under artificial light. Luckily I can cover them with my hair combing them straight ahead even if they are still a little too short to cover the transplanted temple (especially the right one) properly.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
90 days/3 months

This is the milestone in Keser schedule, the period in which regrowth shoud start. In truth many hairs started to grow at about 70 days, as visible in the pics at 80 days. Right temple has more regrowing hairs than the left one.

invia immagini

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on how many nights you sleep at the hotel, on what you eat and drink when you are in Ankara (breakfast is included at King hotel and you can bring your own food and water from home for dinner and lunch) and on how much you will spend to travel to and from Ankara (airport to hotel and hotel to airport with a private taxi are included in the 3.5 euro).
What can i say? If you bring your own food and beverage supply (king hotel provides you a boiler plus half a litre of water, 2 tea, nescafe, honey and sugar bags each for free. Everything is recharged/replaced only if you consume it) you can eat at the hotel buffet at breakfast in the morning and eat your own food in you room at lunch/dinner (you don't eat that much in the days you have surgery, I slept most of the time).
Doing this way, the only extra expenses are the hotel bill and the trip to and from Ankara.

Last edited:

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 months
I can comb my hair with a side part but i cannot brush it up or the low density is clearly exposed. The regrowing hair make my temples appear darker so i can make a side part keeping my side hair low and it seems like my temples are perfectly full. Temple points are growing too. The donor seems to have some little lack here and there, I don't know if it is a little shock loss or just the signs of the extractions.

IMG_20170129_150704.jpg

IMG_20170129_150720.jpg

IMG_20170129_151116.jpg

IMG_20170129_151515.jpg

IMG_20170129_151606.jpg

IMG_20170129_152014.jpg

IMG_20170129_152218.jpg

WP_20170131_16_49_42_Pro.jpg

WP_20170131_16_51_07_Pro.jpg

z_IMG_20170129_151636.jpg

z_IMG_20170129_152200.jpg

shookwun

Reaction score
Looks good, but I dont think you can cut your hair to short without it having that harvestating look.

This is something I have been noticing lately. FUE tends to leaves a rectangle moth-eaten look in a lot of people

Everyone seems to think FUE is scarless, but I believe it leaves a lot of micro holes all over.

I would say that you don't have many grafts left in the safe extraction zone. If you were to require more work, then the doctor would have to extract in the higher risk zones.

I am hoping for the best with my upcoming procedure.

Grown out passed 1.5 grade it looks good though.

IMG_20161016_164851.jpg

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but that picture is one month after the surgery. So I hope that harvested look is also a matter of extraction shock loss and that my donor will improve in the next months. Anyway, FUE is absolutely not scarless and if you are likely to do more than 1 procedure, then strip is stil the best option considering the donor management.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Five months.
Direction of the regrowth hair is really good, even of the thin ones that will get thicker with time. Right temple is full even if it is still in regrowth. In the left temple I have some lack of regrowth here and there. In the circle the lack on the top of the left temple. The arrows highlight 2 double hair graft I have in the first row that I think should be supposed to have single grafts in front of them.
By now I have to say I'm satisfied, obviously I wish many hair will still regrow especially on the empty spots in the left temple. Unfortunately I can only make the part on the left since that is the natural direction of my hair and the transplanted ones follow suit the original hair bent.
If I could make the part on the right, the result would be better because the right temple is fuller than the left by now.

host image