11th World Congress For Hair Research To Take Place In 2019 In Barcelona

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear Friends and Colleagues,

On behalf of the Program Committee, we are pleased to invite you to the 11th World Congress for Hair Research to take place in 2019 in Sitges (Barcelona)

Continuing the tradition set by the International Hair Research Societies, the Congress will be a comprehensive, international hair research meeting for the advancement of knowledge in hair growth, hair and scalp diseases, and clinical care.

We look forward to welcoming you to Barcelona! Dr. Angela Christiano, Dr. Rolf Hoffmann, Dr. Sarah Millar and Dr. George Cotsarelis (He will talk about Follica? Secret.)

https://www.barcelonahair2019.org/ // https://www.barcelonahair2019.org/scientific-program

Cymro27

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's people linked with shiseido, hairclone, tissuse there. Interesting there's a seminar about microneedling:rolleyes: I think most of the testing for that has been on this forum.

Who are we paying to crucify this year anyway?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool.

Regardless of what the nay sayers say, science has progressed by 1 year. Every year this will be true.

A couple of years ago there was no hint of half the possible solutions going through trials that exist today.

While I hate the wait, while I am depressed about my hair, today is always the closest day to a cure / solution than ever before.

It’s going to happen lads!!!!!! f*** knows when!!!!!! But I at least find hope in the photos available showing hair growth in certain lucky fuckers that have been on trials.

Boom. Fingers crossed for 2019!

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thursday 25th - 11:50 – 12:10
« Studying Androgenetic Alopecia in the lab » George Cotsarelis

just lol . The Cots always there for a drink !

roydCcj.jpg

Cymro27

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool.

Regardless of what the nay sayers say, science has progressed by 1 year. Every year this will be true.

A couple of years ago there was no hint of half the possible solutions going through trials that exist today.

While I hate the wait, while I am depressed about my hair, today is always the closest day to a cure / solution than ever before.

It’s going to happen lads!!!!!! f*** knows when!!!!!! But I at least find hope in the photos available showing hair growth in certain lucky fuckers that have been on trials.

Boom. Fingers crossed for 2019!

I joke about the 5-10 years but there's so many players (credible ones too) in the cell therapy game I think we'll get an alternative to the classic big 3 before long. Every trial that fails is a lesson learned and someone will pick up where they've left off - I can't help but think this has happened between replicel and shiseido (why we haven't heard anything yet).

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I joke about the 5-10 years but there's so many players (credible ones too) in the cell therapy game I think we'll get an alternative to the classic big 3 before long. Every trial that fails is a lesson learned and someone will pick up where they've left off - I can't help but think this has happened between replicel and shiseido (why we haven't heard anything yet).

Being late / delayed does not necessarily means failure. Science needs to be extra careful.

Having said that, I am bit worried too, since it is the earliest and convenient solution for us.

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So...who we gonna send this time?

Hopefully no one. We've consistently seen that conferences don't matter for application (not just this one, but in general). They're about getting your name out there. The only thing that would be worth seeing is a company announcing a product is ready for market, but we'd likely know about that already (and we'll hear about it regardless of attending).

Sure there are lots of cool things here but 99% of it won't lead to anything, and anything that does is likely a decade away. Waste of $$$

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I live in Barcelona, but these conferences are always such a waste of time. Every single year someone goes, every single year everybody gets disappointed. Waste of time, money and effort.

Reactions: br1

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Bill_Russo Aren't you spanish?

If so, you may be the perfect candidate (read: vicitim) to go to the conference?
I am!
But to be the perfect candidate I'd have to:
1.- Live close (I'm almost 700 km away from it).
2.- Have money (so broke it's painful).
Unless something happens before April, Barcelona is too big an effort.
I'd be in if it was Madrid.
I can always report whatever I see on social media tho.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why do we care about this conference? If there will be any interesting information, we will get these early enough. I don't care about what will be maybe available in 5 years. Because it doesn't change anything for me personally.

Reactions: br1

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
I am!
But to be the perfect candidate I'd have to:
1.- Live close (I'm almost 700 km away from it).
2.- Have money (so broke it's painful).
Unless something happens before April, Barcelona is too big an effort.
I'd be in if it was Madrid.
I can always report whatever I see on social media tho.
Do you live in Madrid Billy?