10-Month (& 1 Week) Dutasteride & Rogaine Results

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you want some cheap transplants from Armani, say you live nearby and that you can come in anytime in the not too distant future. I bet you'll get quoted something like 8,000 Canadian.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
By the way, your hair looks good. I am wondering, where did you apply spironolactone when you were applying it? I have ordered some Avodart (received it actually) but am now concerned about the increase in testosterone and the impact it will have on my hairline. Am wondering what to do...I hate topicals but if I'm going to use Avodart I am definately going to use something to combat the potential onsluaght of testosterone, at least on the hairline.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
If you want some cheap transplants from Armani, say you live nearby and that you can come in anytime in the not too distant future. I bet you'll get quoted something like 8,000 Canadian.

I'd rather not lie to the surgeon who is cutting open my head, especially about my locaiton.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
By the way, your hair looks good. I am wondering, where did you apply spironolactone when you were applying it? I have ordered some Avodart (received it actually) but am now concerned about the increase in testosterone and the impact it will have on my hairline. Am wondering what to do...I hate topicals but if I'm going to use Avodart I am definately going to use something to combat the potential onsluaght of testosterone, at least on the hairline.

Thanks.

I applied the spironolactone lotion to the hairline and temples. It did a GREAT job at maintaining and GREAT regrowth. I should really get back on it. 2x daily.

I also used 2% spironolactone on the top and crown. 1x daily.

Definitely invest in the spironolactone lotion, from Dr. Lee ( http://www.minoxidil.com )

CCS

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:

Thanks.

I applied the spironolactone lotion to the hairline and temples. It did a GREAT job at maintaining and GREAT regrowth. I should really get back on it. 2x daily.

I also used 2% spironolactone on the top and crown. 1x daily.

Definitely invest in the spironolactone lotion, from Dr. Lee ( http://www.minoxidil.com )

If that is what spironolactone does, I wonder what RU would do.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sure spironolactone works like a charm, but it is so gunky that cream from Dr. Lee. (Personally I wouldn't call it a lotion, but Dr. Lee does.)

College have you ever tried making a 5% spironolactone concoction? I've read here that the cream is better than a liquid when it comes to spironolactone, too, but maybe for what I need (maintenance) a liquid spironolactone would be fine. But maybe gunky is better....but when it gets on your hair, Dr. Lees cream does not want to go away. And I personally would not call it odourless.

I'm tempted to just use Ell Cranell Alpha/Avixis.

JWM

Reaction score
It did a GREAT job at maintaining and GREAT regrowth

How can you be sure it was the spironolactone maintaining and giving regrowth Aplunk, and not the minoxidil or dutasteride?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
JWM said:
It did a GREAT job at maintaining and GREAT regrowth

How can you be sure it was the spironolactone maintaining and giving regrowth Aplunk, and not the minoxidil or dutasteride?

You could be correct.

It is indeed hard to gauge the success of one particular product if I'm using 3, 4, 5, whatever...

But, from what I recall, and from looking at the pics on my website, a combination of 5% spironolactone lotion, rogaine, and copper peptides really did regrow a Norwood 1 status...

I haven't been using anything on my hairline for quite a while now, and I've probably receded back to a Norwood 2, 2.5.

CCS

Reaction score
I saw one study bryan posted showing a cream being better than a liquid. The liquid did not have any propylene glycol in it. It hink it was just alcohol and water. Without other studies with other ingredients, it is possible the propylene glycol was what did the trick. I use several penetration enhancers in my liquids. Also, there have been liquid finasteride solutions that regrew hair. So I'm in no hurry to put a cream in my hair for now.

JWM

Reaction score
a combination of 5% spironolactone lotion, rogaine, and copper peptides really did regrow a Norwood 1 status...

Was the copper peptide Folligen? Didn't you publicly dismiss the stuff recently?

CCS

Reaction score
my guess is the spironolactone was too messy for him or too expensive. He even said genuine avodart is too expensive, but that he will finish the year before he switches to generics.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
my guess is the spironolactone was too messy for him or too expensive. He even said genuine avodart is too expensive, but that he will finish the year before he switches to generics.

Thanks.

You're right, College. It was ONLY an expense issue.

spironolactone lotion dries within 30 minutes, for me.

Genuine Avodart is hurting my credit cards, so I might switch to Proscar in the coming months.

I'm still unsure, though.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Genuine Avodart is hurting my credit cards, so I might switch to Proscar in the coming months.
I wouldn't!

finasteride is very weak. Why not using dutas?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Dutas don't have my COMPLETE trust, although I do have some of them laying around.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Then you might want to consider hooking yourself or something, because when I dropped dutas (yes, the generic) for fincar, I thinned out ridiculously bad! It only took two months and my crown was in shambles. That was when I realized how aggressive my hairloss had become - requiring the stronger of the two medicines.

P.S. I have only done business with inhouse and united, so authenticity probably wasn't the problem.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aplunk, why not go Avodart every other day, every third day, something like that? I don't know what the math would be in DHT reduction vs. whatever amount of finasteride you'd take, but it the avodart would mean a greater reduction, right?

Personally I think I am going to go for this: (because I don't want my testosterone levels getting jacked way up when all I want is a little regrowth from the Avodart and mostly maintenance over the years)

Day one: Finasteride 2.5 mg
Day two: no drugs
Day three: Avodart 0.5 mg
Day four: no drugs
Day five: no drugs
Day six: Finasteride 2.5 mg
Day seven: no drugs
Day eight Avodart 0.5 mg
Day nine: no drugs
Day ten: no drugs

and so on...

Should be cheap too, which I'm happy about.

Does anyone have any reason I shouldn't do this?