1 Year On Fina - Do I Have Any Hope?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I have seen many people grow back hair with 1mg of oral finasteride daily, I heard about women too. The people that don't grow back a lot of hair are the ones that are very sensitive to T and DHT (or are very old). The kind of people who are going bald in their teens and don't know it. The guys with very little hair left in their early twenties. For those kinds of people dutasteride seems to be the only choice, but don't hold your breath.

I think Justin Bieber was on finasteride or dutasteride in his teen years. A lot of men used to call him a lesbian because of the results it gave him. His father went bald in his early twenties. So I guess it was a preventative. It looks like he got off of it when he was dating, he probably had side effects that stunted his maturity.

I myself have regrown some hair with it, but there is a difference between cosmetically noticeable and "some hair". Nevertheless if you can achieve regrowth without minoxidil then I'm happy for you, as minoxidil is a pain in the ***, but most are not so lucky.

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
are you also losing hair on the sides/back of your scalp?

Nope..
Why are you asking? Because as far as I know there is not hairloss on the sides or the back..

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go on avodart and restart minoxidil. You can do oral if you dont want to do topical.

You still have a hairline, if you get just barely a bit more thickness your hair will be killer.

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go on avodart and restart minoxidil. You can do oral if you dont want to do topical.

You still have a hairline, if you get just barely a bit more thickness your hair will be killer.

Avodart is the same as finesteride, right? Because I'm finesteride for a year as I said..
I mean what are the differences?
I know Ashton Kutcher takes Avodart lol

I think I dont have a hairline anymore.. do you think I still got any hope?

OnThePill

My Regimen
Reaction score
Avodart is the same as finesteride, right? Because I'm finesteride for a year as I said..

Dutasteride works on both types of 5AR, reduces scalp and serum DHT further, regrows more hair, increases T more than finasteride and lasts longer in the body.

T converts into estrogen, which is needed to grow hair on the head. Too much T could cause hair loss (like DHT does) in sensitive people. So if you are sensitive to T and you are very low on estrogen (for a man) you will lose (or simply maintain) hair even on finasteride 1mg a day. These kinds of people need dutasteride (at least 1mg would be great) everyday, ketoconazole shampoo regularly and (possibly) minoxildil oral or topical.

If you are more adventurous you could also mess with your T and estrogen levels to figure out what levels promote hair growth on the head. This is more extreme and the average man does not care to do it for hair on the head. Body builders and professional athletes mess with their levels all the time, but they are extremists.

Hair loss isn't only about DHT.

Make sure to get blood work to check your hormones and nutrient levels

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride works on both types of 5AR, reduces scalp and serum DHT further, regrows more hair, increases T more than finasteride and lasts longer in the body.

T converts into estrogen, which is needed to grow hair on the head. Too much T could cause hair loss (like DHT does) in sensitive people. So if you are sensitive to T and you are very low on estrogen (for a man) you will lose (or simply maintain) hair even on finasteride 1mg a day. These kinds of people need dutasteride (at least 1mg would be great) everyday, ketoconazole shampoo regularly and (possibly) minoxildil oral or topical.

If you are more adventurous you could also mess with your T and estrogen levels to figure out what levels promote hair growth on the head. This is more extreme and the average man does not care to do it for hair on the head. Body builders and professional athletes mess with their levels all the time, but they are extremists.

What does ketoclonazole do that improves hair loss?

OnThePill

My Regimen
Reaction score
What does ketoclonazole do that improves hair loss?

It reduces inflammation and improves scalp health. It is said to also flush the follicle of hormones like DHT.

Balding people have itchy, tingling, inflamed and dry scalps. Inflammation is bad, just like with acne.

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It reduces inflammation and improves scalp health. It is said to also flush the follicle of hormones like DHT.

Balding people have itchy, tingling, inflamed and dry scalps. Inflammation is bad, just like with acne.
I have male pattern baldness, confirmed by my dermo, but I never have itchy scalp

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey.. yeah probably I have high T levels & low estrogen levels because I had acne, I have a very deep voice and a lot of body hair. I'll check my blood to know for sure.
But I dont think I'll try your pills because dude let's be honest .. they are extreme af.
They mess up with your hormones and make your estrogen levels higher.. I dont want any estrogen in my body lol.. for the rest of my life it will mess up with all my stuff. I wont choose this road. I'll stay on fina and keep praying.

Did finasteride stop further hair loss for you?

Ummm..
I still shed a lot but idk if its normal or not.. but my hair looks great (the hair that is still here) compared to what it was before the treatment.
And yes.. I do think that I was already NW3-4 if not the pills.. because I have a pretty aggressive hairloss.. since 20 years old. So I guess without finesteride I would be Nw3- by now. I'm 23.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey.. yeah probably I have high T levels & low estrogen levels because I had acne, I have a very deep voice and a lot of body hair. I'll check my blood to know for sure.
But I dont think I'll try your pills because dude let's be honest .. they are extreme af.
They mess up with your hormones and make your estrogen levels higher.. I dont want any estrogen in my body lol.. for the rest of my life it will mess up with all my stuff. I wont choose this road. I'll stay on fina and keep praying.

Ummm..
I still shed a lot but idk if its normal or not.. but my hair looks great (the hair that is still here) compared to what it was before the treatment.
And yes.. I do think that I was already NW3-4 if not the pills.. because I have a pretty aggressive hairloss.. since 20 years old. So I guess without finesteride I would be Nw3- by now. I'm 23.

When did you start feeling that finasteride is doing something positive for your hair? I have been on finasteride for 70 days and shedding has increased and I feel hair is getting worse ffs.

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can definitely lose hair in those areas, it just won’t be due to male pattern baldness.

Umm so everything is fine on the side and on the back.. I think its 100% Male pattern baldness..

When did you start feeling that finasteride is doing something positive for your hair? I have been on finasteride for 70 days and shedding has increased and I feel hair is getting worse ffs.

I cant really give you exactly the time.. 70 days are nothing bro.

Yakaaka

My Regimen
Reaction score
How bad you think my loss is?
Do you think that my temples are gone for good and thinning deeper and deeper?
View attachment 131020 View attachment 131021 View attachment 131022 View attachment 131023 View attachment 131024 View attachment 131025 View attachment 130966 View attachment 130967 View attachment 130968 View attachment 130969
I'm on fina 1 year and 2 months
And stopped minoxidill because I'm lazy few months ago (3,) after a year.

I'm 23 and started losing hair 2.5-3 years ago
It’s cuz u stopped minoxidil

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Umm so everything is fine on the side and on the back.. I think its 100% Male pattern baldness..

I cant really give you exactly the time.. 70 days are nothing bro.

Approximately bro? I saw you writing in another thread 7-8 months?

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know Ashton Kutcher takes Avodart lol

I think I dont have a hairline anymore.. do you think I still got any hope?

You do have a hairline man, it's just thin. Avodart is a stronger version of propecia, some people get alot of thickening when they add it on (I'd advise taking both for 2-3 months and then dropping propecia).

Minoxidil would do you wonders man. I know it sucks putting it on, I remember hating it but eventually it just becomes a habit. If you really don't want to do topical try a low dose oral.

In reality though to most people your hair looks fine, probably like someone with naturally thin hair. If you dont want to do the above you wont truly look like a bald person probably for atleast a decade.

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You do have a hairline man, it's just thin. Avodart is a stronger version of propecia, some people get alot of thickening when they add it on (I'd advise taking both for 2-3 months and then dropping propecia).

Minoxidil would do you wonders man. I know it sucks putting it on, I remember hating it but eventually it just becomes a habit. If you really don't want to do topical try a low dose oral.

In reality though to most people your hair looks fine, probably like someone with naturally thin hair. If you dont want to do the above you wont truly look like a bald person probably for atleast a decade.

Yep.. I started to use minoxidill again just because what you have said.. it's a necessary product to maintain my hair.

And no .. I mean I wish people was my hair as "ok but thin" but alot of people already told me "damn you already going bald"

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your kind of diffuse thinning is the type where you can really get great regrowth. Everything is still basically intact, it's just thin all over. It could fill in 100% if you stay on finasteride and minoxidil, but it's hard to say without seeing before pictures. If you haven't gotten much regrowth then it's probably time to switch to dutasteride. It's a lot stronger, and gives nearly twice the regrowth.

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your kind of diffuse thinning is the type where you can really get great regrowth. Everything is still basically intact, it's just thin all over. It could fill in 100% if you stay on finasteride and minoxidil, but it's hard to say without seeing before pictures. If you haven't gotten much regrowth then it's probably time to switch to dutasteride. It's a lot stronger, and gives nearly twice the regrowth.

And nearly twice the side effects bro..
And you may see this as "intact" and possibly ok to start of a treatment but let me remind u it's already after the treatment.. I'm on fina for exactly 1 year.