zzzzz's 1 year dutasteride results

diffuse2007

Reaction score
comparing it to old pics before male pattern baldness it definitely has thinned. the only reason it looks normal with the buzz cut pictures its because of the minoxidil. Anyways it doesn't look too bad now, i appreciate you trying to help me out and i wish you good luck with your regimen

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man im a similar age to you and finasteride has not been doing me justice... I was just wondering what is your regime with Dutasteride as im potentially considering a switch. Cheers man

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man im a similar age to you and finasteride has not been doing me justice... I was just wondering what is your regime with Dutasteride as im potentially considering a switch. Cheers man

I would ask how long you've been on finasteride and what makes you think it's not working for you before switching

I take .5mg daily

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i have been on .5mg EOD for 8months, but that rendered ineffective so i have been on 1mg ED now for the past 3months. My hair has been shedding throughout my whole time on Propecia. My hair has slightly thinned out more across my time on finasteride.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
What about sexual side effects of the Dutasteride..?

they are more common then for finasteride but still not likely

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi zzzzz what abt your current situation. Hair improved or same as last update

pretty much the same. I'm not expecting more. Just long term maitenance

rmm7

Reaction score
As someone in the same position also considering a switch to dutasteride, I have the same question about your regimen with dutasteride. I've taken finasteride 1mg ED since the beginning of January 2015 and I don't think it's strong enough. My reasoning is that while my crown is fine, my hairline has receded a noticeable amount, especially since I started using minoxidil 5% on my temples in mid-March. I don't have pics on this computer, but based on my pics I've concluded that minoxidil has really thinned out my temples without any noticeable regrowth.

However, I'm somewhat torn because it could be more that the minoxidil caused shedding and hasn't been effective (yet), or it could be that male pattern baldness has become more aggressive. In any case, under bright light with my hair pulled back I can really tell the bare spots on my temples have widened.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride is way more powerful than finasteride. Not sure why you would say that. You're lucky you didn't grow b**ch tits on dutasteride.

in terms of suppressing the hormone yes. But what that difference makes in terms of actual hair counts? Not as much as you might think.

And to the guy who posted above me, 6 months is not long. Many people are worse off at the 6 month mark, even ones who eventually see good regrowth. Mine came very fast and is definitely not average

jlb1177

Reaction score
I was on minix and dutasteride for about a year and a half. Hair thickened up nicely then in was naive and stopped dutasteride. My hair after about 4 or 5 months went down hill quickly. From decent (not perfect) to very see through. Now I am back on dutasteride for about 6 months. Went through a shed but now I'm starting to see improvement. Do you think it's possible to get back what I lost. Still on minoxidil the whole time.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry if it's already been answered, but I'm looking into dutasteride. Where did you get yours from zzzz?

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Very nice result so far.

BaldingHelpMe

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil is multiple times better then either finasteride or dutasteride in terms of actual regrowth when it comes to hair counts and hair thickness. But an oral anti androgen is by far the most important thing to take for long term results, which minoxidil can not do on it's own.

Would taking finasteride/dutasteride plus keto 2% shampoo be as effective? minoxidil is out of the question for me as I don't like solutions on my hair, so I use keto 2% shampoo instead.

I use keto 3 times a week, is that too often? Other days I use caffeine shampoo.

Manchboy

Reaction score
You stopped ru58841 and it had no bad effects on your hair? Do you reckon if someone else were to stop it without continuing another treatment like dutasteride/finasteride. Would they have uprrgulated androgen receptors?

abdo123

Reaction score
as awkward as this may sound did you notice changes in your sexual orientation while taking dutasteride ?