Zeroheat's Story-(Temple loss, Big 3, 962 days update pg37)

philipandrews1

Reaction score
Re: Zeroheat's Story-(Temple loss, Big 3, Update pg 16)

did you consider using different treatment, just to see what other reactions your body will accumulate? well, that's until after using the full dosage of your current treatment.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Are you still on Kirkland minoxidil? (Is that the liquid?)

I'm going to start minoxidil in probably a month or so after I've hit 3 months on finasteride.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

philipandrews1 said:
did you consider using different treatment, just to see what other reactions your body will accumulate? well, that's until after using the full dosage of your current treatment.
For me it's either Big 3 or go home.. I might give dutasteride a shot if finasteride/minoxidil stops working, but I have no desire to try different treatment.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

TheGrayMan2001 said:
Are you still on Kirkland minoxidil? (Is that the liquid?)

I'm going to start minoxidil in probably a month or so after I've hit 3 months on finasteride.
Yep good old Kirkland minoxidil from E-bay. Liquid.

someguy

Reaction score

Hi Zeroheat... Some(korean)guy here...

I'm about to start the propecia. I ordered online from overseas. I ordered the Cipla brand. I hope its good stuff. Do you recommend not doing that?

Anyways, When I start minoxidil, I will be using the Rogaine Foam. I know its expensive but it doesn't cause the drandruff and itch. What is your opinion on the foam? Is it as effective in your opinion as the liquid minoxidil? Thanks.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

someguy said:
I'm about to start the propecia. I ordered online from overseas. I ordered the Cipla brand. I hope its good stuff. Do you recommend not doing that?
I'd never order my finasteride online.. I don't want to take chances. finasteride is way too important.

Anyways, When I start minoxidil, I will be using the Rogaine Foam. I know its expensive but it doesn't cause the drandruff and itch. What is your opinion on the foam? Is it as effective in your opinion as the liquid minoxidil? Thanks.
I have never tried foam so I have no idea, but it should be just as effective. The only reason why I'm using liquid is to cut cost (I'm a student). Good luck!

someguy

Reaction score

A question about Nizoral...

Is the use of Nizoral shampoo strictly to reduce the itching/inflammation caused by using the liquid minoxidil? I mean, does Nizoral have any hair loss benefits in it of itself or is it just a method to reduce the side effects of rogaine?

shuji123

Reaction score

hey zeroheat, me again..
I remember you mentioned you apply the minoxidil in the morning and wash it out 2 hours afterwards.. I'm thinking of doing the same if I go on minoxidil..
the question is though.. is 2 hrs enough?
cos I'm working atm, so that means I'll prob have to wake up at 5am in the morning to apply it and wash it out before i leave the house..
I know you're a student right now, so maybe that's not a concern for you yet, but have you thought about when you start working, you've gotta wake up pretty early to apply this in the morning.. for the rest of your life...

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

someguy said:
A question about Nizoral...

Is the use of Nizoral shampoo strictly to reduce the itching/inflammation caused by using the liquid minoxidil? I mean, does Nizoral have any hair loss benefits in it of itself or is it just a method to reduce the side effects of rogaine?
Main function of Nizoral is to reduce inflammation but it does have some hair loss benefits to it as well (has something to do with its ingredient).. I read somewhere that it was more effective than minoxidil 2%. I personally think you would be just fine with finasteride/minoxidil combo though. I know I've been inconsistent with nizoral myself.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

shuji123 said:
minoxidil.. is 2 hrs enough?
2 hours is probably not enough, but that's the best we can do if we have morning classes or whatever.. my guess is that it's 70% effective (I'm just throwing it out there).

cos I'm working atm, so that means I'll prob have to wake up at 5am in the morning to apply it and wash it out before i leave the house..
I know you're a student right now, so maybe that's not a concern for you yet, but have you thought about when you start working, you've gotta wake up pretty early to apply this in the morning.. for the rest of your life...
My solution would be to use rogaine foam in the morning and kirkland liquid at night. Foam dries much faster and the added cost wouldn't be a big deal (since I'd be working).

Broken

Reaction score

@Shuji

Use the foam. I am also studying, so I put the foam in my hair & go to classes. Since I crop my hair short, the foam also acts like a styling gel, helps in styling the hair sometimes.

shuji123

Reaction score

Broken said:
@Shuji

Use the foam. I am also studying, so I put the foam in my hair & go to classes. Since I crop my hair short, the foam also acts like a styling gel, helps in styling the hair sometimes.

so it makes the hair go hard?

shuji123

Reaction score

just wondering zeroheat, since u had such success with minoxidil on ur head, did it also thicken the rest of ur body hair as well?

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

shuji123 said:
just wondering zeroheat, since u had such success with minoxidil on ur head, did it also thicken the rest of ur body hair as well?
My facial hair has thickened considerably.. is it a coincidence? I don't know.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score

shuji123 said:
hey zeroheat, me again..
I remember you mentioned you apply the minoxidil in the morning and wash it out 2 hours afterwards.. I'm thinking of doing the same if I go on minoxidil..
the question is though.. is 2 hrs enough?

I'm curious as to why you have to wash it out before you go to work.

shuji123

Reaction score

timbo said:
I'm curious as to why you have to wash it out before you go to work.

Cos I don't like the fact that leaving minoxidil in will make my hair look crappy and more see thru.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

IUbball22 said:
Now that you have massive regrowth, have you considered dropping the minoxidil to only once a day?
I have thought about it.. but for now I'll continue with 2x a day..

Nene

Reaction score

zeroheat said:
IUbball22 said:
Now that you have massive regrowth, have you considered dropping the minoxidil to only once a day?

I would advise against that zeroheat, I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a trial run though.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

Nene said:
zeroheat said:
IUbball22 said:

I would advise against that zeroheat, I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a trial run though.
Yeah, it's going to be 2x a day for a long time.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

IUbball22 said:
any chance we could see an updated picture of your crown?
I'll put up an update soon.. but nothing has really changed from previous pics.