zero guard better than buzz? pics...

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
malibujoe said:
Just buzz'd with zero guard and sort of liking it. what do you guys think? I had a thread going for before/after buzz cuts but it got locked cuz hat prisoner and uncomfortable man posted in it and created expected responses.

Either way, lets post other buzz cuts on here!

GHG...u look good w/zero guard. Smile in your pics...will look better:)

joe ,it looks really good,you pull it off with confidence :)

Kojack

Reaction score
Ok, here's some before and after pics............................

Attachments

• final2.jpg
    final2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,403
  • final1.jpg
    final1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,392

cruz

Reaction score
kojack, that buzz cut actually really suits you. You have a good head shape for it.

Kojack

Reaction score
Hey thanks cruz, having a hard time adjusting to it if i'm honest. It just doesn't seem to be me looking back in the mirror, but i'm going to give it a chance as i've been working up to buzzing it for a couple of years !

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
wow...you;re lucky. You're one of those people that look BETTER without hair, and certainly not one of those people that look 1000 times worse. You dark skin dudes are lucky, it's us whities that look like crap lol. Excellent skin tone and head shape for that look. In fact, you cuold probably buzz it down and no one would think anything of it. Take comfort in the fact that you look good like that.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
If you ask me you can comfortably go bald since you got head and face for it...and I can see that you are naturally strong so it suits you well. Wide shoulders, strong arms, dark skin, great teeth, strong beard...you name it...

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
look way better with the shorter buzz...

Isn't it ironic that buzzing off all your hair would make topicals so much easier.... lol. I wish I could see what I'd look like with a buzzed head without then having to suffer looking rubbish for a couple of months while it grows out again if i didn't like it.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recent comments. fyi...i have been keeping it with the zero guard buzz now for a while. i do it once a week...although by the that day it's a bit more fuzzy than i'd like so considering 2x a week. it only takes 15 min as i do it myself in the bathroom with professional clippers.

i think kojak looks pretty sweet w/his buzz too...chiseled face helps.

any other new/recent buzzers?...c'mon...get with the program!

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
malibujoe said:
any other new/recent buzzers?...c'mon...get with the program!

I buzzed my hair about a month ago...doesn't look bad...but the hair is just too weak. I set the clippers to 3mm.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
shorter the buzz the better....my hair would look like absolute sh*t with a 3 guard. it's so thin and sparse. shorter the better.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm buzzin right now...thats because I've had 4 beers and it's not even noon yet. You gellin?

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
I been buzzing for 9 years now, I can;t believe its been that long. My hair reached the point of no return when I was 21.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I've buzzed my hair after being a nanogen prisoner for two years. I had to stop finasteride for 18 months as I had some health issues and my hair got worse, even more diffuse, to the point where the nanogen didn't even stick.

I started with guard 1 which still showed to much difference between the thick areas and thin areas. 0 guard was a bit too short and made my thin temple points invisible. I've now settled with 0.5 guard which is just like the no guard but with the blade moved higher (a feature in wahl clippers).

It now looks like Pep Guardiola/ Di Matteo.
I also don't have black dust over my pillows every morning!

One thing I found with nanogen and concealer is that they don't really add much density to your hair, just stops scalp showing. Also in bright lights or sunlight it makes your hair look dirty/dusty, unnatural looking. At least that's what I found with the black colour.

I will say that if you are a diffuse thinner with a good hairline then give the buzz cut a try. You will be shocked with your appearance initially but you get used to it. It can also make you look younger as thin wispy hair looks old.

slipy

Reaction score
You gellin?

not gellin. but i indeed still have the hair gel i bought in 2008 in my drawer. i stopped using it when my temples started to fall out rapidly and yet i still haven't thrown it out. u mad?

maybe im afraid to touch or move it out of fear of the strong, violent emotional tremor i experienced at the time coming back to me.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've just cut my own hair a week ago! 3 and 4 on top and 0 and 1 on the side and back.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I've just cut my own hair a week ago! 3 and 4 on top and 0 and 1 on the side and back.

You have to have hair on top of your head to do that one.

I wonder how a high top fade kidnplay style would look on an nw5...

seb

Reaction score
Simple, if you're pale, just buzz it or you will be mistaken for a chemo patient because of that stupid propaganda in the western world that makes us believe that pale people look sicker.

If you're tanned/black, you can shave it completely.

Good point, but then grown out too long, one has is labelled as friar tuck, coco the clown, an old man. I switch between the two. I used to slick shave eveery day, but it was making my head too red. Topped off with my naturally red face, it was too severe. If I was to grow a stubble beard, then I would buzz. Currently sporting a goatee, thus sly.