zero guard better than buzz? pics...

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Just buzz'd with zero guard and sort of liking it. what do you guys think? I had a thread going for before/after buzz cuts but it got locked cuz hat prisoner and uncomfortable man posted in it and created expected responses.

Either way, lets post other buzz cuts on here!

GHG...u look good w/zero guard. Smile in your pics...will look better:)

Attachments

• zero guard.JPG
    zero guard.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 9,047
  • zero  guard.JPG
    zero guard.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 28,263

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't smile, man... I'm such a retard :dunno: . I think the zero guard reveals your hairloss more, but otherwise it's pretty much the same as the previous one. How long was the earlier buzz?

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
I can't smile, man... I'm such a retard :dunno: . I think the zero guard reveals your hairloss more, but otherwise it's pretty much the same as the previous one. How long was the earlier buzz?

other buzz was using a 1 guard. it leaves a stubble that looks really minimizes my hairloss...to those that don't look at it SO closely to see if i buzz by choice or cuz im balding.

i think i like both. guess i'll mix it up.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
wow
I saw your other photos, man, you look 1000 times better than the before. Buzz really suit you

Kojack

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anybody have some tips for a buzz cut virgin ? I'm sick of caking my diffuse thinning in toppik.

1) Whats a good grade to buzz it down to for the first time?
2) Is it possible to shave the the sides shorter that the top yourself, successfully?

Thanks

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Kojack said:
Hey guys,

Does anybody have some tips for a buzz cut virgin ? I'm sick of caking my diffuse thinning in toppik.

2) Is it possible to shave the the sides shorter that the top yourself, successfully?

Thanks

I find the shorter it is the better it looks. It's best to start with a 3 and go from there. I think the same length overall is much better. Otherwise a good barber can give u a nice fade for shorter on sides and longer on top. Key is blending the transition from short to long.

GL! Post your before/after buzz pics!

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
You have a great head shape and good skin tone to support such a short buzz. I think it suits you.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
I think the zero guard reveals your hairloss more
Really? I can't see any hairloss at all. Well, I suppose I can see a mature hairline. But maybe you mean that people will more easily think that you must be going bald when you buzz that short?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
malibujoe said:
Just buzz'd with zero guard and sort of liking it. what do you guys think? I had a thread going for before/after buzz cuts but it got locked cuz hat prisoner and uncomfortable man posted in it and created expected responses.

Either way, lets post other buzz cuts on here!

GHG...u look good w/zero guard. Smile in your pics...will look better:)

Lookin good malibujoe! You have an excellent complexsion for a buzz cut. :)

Ive gone zero guard quite a few times. I actually used a razor once and shave it skin bald! Man that is so weird. I actually cried like a little girl when I saw how I looked with a totally bald head (zero hair). But its highly liberating I reccomend ev everyone do it. I actually felt more masculine and badass with a bald head (even though i looked ugly).

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
I actually cried like a little girl when I saw how I looked with a totally bald head (zero hair). But its highly liberating I reccomend ev everyone do it. I actually felt more masculine and badass with a bald head (even though i looked ugly).

Er...... No! :smack:

lol! :mrgreen:

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking pretty good, man. After looking at your older photos, I'd go so far as to say this is big improvment. The buzz would be a good look for you even if you didn't have hairloss.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
jakeb said:
Looking pretty good, man. After looking at your older photos, I'd go so far as to say this is big improvment. The buzz would be a good look for you even if you didn't have hairloss.

thanks. as for before pics...i wasn't on any meds/supps. i had taken propecia for a long time but discontinued a few yrs back. gosh, i wish i would've done this 10 yrs ago. i feel like my 20s were fun...but always had thinning hair that held me back. now im 32 but feel like im 22. easier to stay in shape cuz im so motivated. wife loves it. so much fun spending my time w/my 7mo old son instead of trying to style my whispy strands!

thx everyone else for the comments. im already very comfortable with it, but appreciate the feedback on the super short buzz. i think i'll keep w/zero for a while and see how it goes from there.

still, i encourage others to try this. i wish i iwould've followed my bro's advice yrs ago when he did it.

post pics!

Kojack

Reaction score
malibujoe said:
Kojack said:
Hey guys,

Thanks

I find the shorter it is the better it looks. It's best to start with a 3 and go from there. I think the same length overall is much better. Otherwise a good barber can give u a nice fade for shorter on sides and longer on top. Key is blending the transition from short to long.

GL! Post your before/after buzz pics!

Thanks for the reply Joe. I just need to buy some clippers now and use them to release myself from my four year Toppik prison sentence....

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Kojack said:
Thanks for the reply Joe. I just need to buy some clippers now and use them to release myself from my four year Toppik prison sentence....

im sure u'll feel so relieved!!!! make sure to take before pics...one with and one w/out the toppik.

as for clippers...make sure to get a good pair. i bought some Wahl senior clippers...same as the ones prof barbers use. they cost $60 online. the cheaper ones from walmart aren't as good as i've heard. u may want to get first one done at a barber...a real barbershop.

gl!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Looks like your ready to hit the basketball courts.

Kojack

Reaction score
malibujoe said:
im sure u'll feel so relieved!!!! make sure to take before pics...one with and one w/out the toppik.

as for clippers...make sure to get a good pair. i bought some Wahl senior clippers...same as the ones prof barbers use. they cost $60 online. the cheaper ones from walmart aren't as good as i've heard. u may want to get first one done at a barber...a real barbershop.

gl!

I'm gonna post some before and after pics but it won't be for a few weeks as I'm gonna buzz it when I go on vacation. That way I can get used to it before facing everybody I know and their reaction...Anyway hopefully my pics will help convince others that trying to style or cover badly thinning hair wastes a lot of time and heartache and that a buzz looks better anyway !

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm glad you found a new option that looks good on you, but for me this is my only option weather it looks good or not. Imagine only having to eat garlic bread for the rest of your life... you'd get sick of it and your breath would begin to stink.