Zarev's presentation at the Global Hair Loss Summit 2020

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Talking about De Freitas, look how ridiculous there results are. The guy got aesthetically cured, period.

That guy is the most perfect show-off case imaginable for a transplant Doctor. You couldn't hypothetically dream up a better one. He had massive shiny-bald loss in the front, dark (and probably thick) hairs, no loss in the crown, great facial proportions, etc.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's generally considered to be bad practice to go outside the safe zone. I happen to like that he does it, but I'm not blind to the ethical considerations. It's considered a disreputable method by other surgeons. Sorry, but that's just reality.

You said I'm wrong, and then you said I'm right. Are you even listening to yourself. I'm out of this thread because all you guys are doing is arguing semantics. It's boring and unproductive. Have fun
Do you still plan on going for a hair transplant any time soon? If so, who are you currently looking at?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That guy is the most perfect show-off case imaginable for a transplant Doctor. You couldn't hypothetically dream up a better one. He had massive shiny-bald loss in the front, dark (and probably thick) hairs, no loss in the crown, great facial proportions, etc.
Yea, thanks to guys like him the earlier one can book a surgery with De Freitas is by the end of 2022 only. Demand is that high.

It's cool that he started to publicly document his journey before doing the first procedure, so you could follow his progression as it was unfolding. Very legit patient review, much better than when a guy shows up only after he got his results, which in my opinion taints the review a little but and bring selection bias to the story. Here is his thread: https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=70521

Here is another good transformation with a more average patient. My stage and pattern of hair loss is very similar to him (maybe I still have a little more hair but its close) and I believe hair texture is similar too.

He has his own thread in the spanish forum as well:
https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=65210

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's cool that he started to publicly document his journey before doing the first procedure, so you could follow his progression as it was unfolding. Very legit patient review, much better than when a guy shows up only after he got his results, which in my opinion taints the review a little but and bring selection bias to the story.

Yes, that's a big issue with transplant patients who post online. It's so much more representative when the patient starts posting before his surgery.

Same with guys who try a drug like Finasteride for the first time when they are already regular forum members. (They sure have a high incidence of side effects, don't they?)

It's also very frustrating when patients leave the forums in mid-grow-out after their results were starting to look sketchy. We all know what probably happened. The results looked bad and the Doctor offered a financial incentive to hush up.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe the problem with raising funds is that people like to remain anonymous on here. I know it is a small sum, but a GoFund me page would be one way to keep oneself anonymous (I heard, no direct experience with it). Happy to chip in in that case.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the problem with raising funds is that people like to remain anonymous on here. I know it is a small sum, but a GoFund me page would be one way to keep oneself anonymous (I heard, no direct experience with it). Happy to chip in in that case.
Cool, we're getting close to our target. I need to check but I think we need just two more people now.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@werefckd I figured Rolandas would be aware of this effort, but after messaging him directly it sounds like he's not?
He is aware. Another user helping with the crowdfunding is in direct contact with him about this.

Maybe he didn't know there was a thread about it here? Check with him again because I think now he knows.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What happened with this? The conference happened in early December but I saw you were trying to raise money up until recently. Is it because he can access the material online anytime? If so, I am interested in the status at this. Maybe I am missing smth.

Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Spencer Kobren (one of the creator of GHLS) told me it's only for surgeons as you are required to provide credentials for them to verify. Such a shame! But I'm pretty sure it will be leaked out soon :)

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense. In their own website they even encourage non physician people to register too. So it's worth a try.

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 17.49.40.png

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What happened with this? The conference happened in early December but I saw you were trying to raise money up until recently. Is it because he can access the material online anytime? If so, I am interested in the status at this. Maybe I am missing smth.
It's still on. I'm on vacation right now but when I'm back next week I can resume the efforts. I think with just just 1 or 2 extra pushes we can reach our target. It's very close.

Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Part of his presentation:
I love how he is blurring his extraction device :D
I was always impressed by his surgical planning, but still can't wrap my head around how he can extract 3600 grafts in just 5 hours as well as implant in just 4 hours.
I had mine done over 2 days too, but it was 3659 grafts :D