Zarazakka's Story: The Big 3 - Round 2

zarazakka

My Regimen
Reaction score
From the back. As recently as May you could see a full NW7 pattern from behind, now seems to have disappeared!

Attachments

• IMG_3792.JPG
    IMG_3792.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 672

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are a great minoxidil responder !
so according to you the combination is better than propecia alone ?

zarazakka

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw new vellus hairs growing in within the first month of starting minoxidil, and I didn't start finasteride until a few weeks after starting minoxidil, so I can only assume the growth I saw was minoxidil induced. I've never been on minoxidil alone for a prolonged period of time so I can't say how that would work for me, but the combination of min + finasteride definitely seems to be working really well.

In terms of minoxidil - I started using foam twice per day as my head was buzzed, but as it's grown longer I've switched to using liquid at night and foam in the morning, as I really don't think you can get enough to the scalp if you have a decent amount of hair, without using more than half a cap full. I would highly recommend using foam in the morning- this ensures you're at least getting once really good dose of minoxidil to the scalp per day, maybe two, and it means your hair is ready to go in a couple of minutes in the morning, and the foam even acts as a hair styling product, for me it adds volume and a bit of hold to my hair after applying.

zarazakka

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys my hair has continued to get better and better. I'll post some photos at some point over the next couple days but just wanted to post to say the treatments do work, stick with em - Finasteride, Minoxidil and Nizoral. Don't sweat the sheds!

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're chino from hlh? Crap I remember your posts from back in the day.

Glad to hear treatments r working.

Do u suffer from scalp inflammation? If so, how do u address it?

zarazakka

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha yeah I’m chino from hlh, seems like a lifetime ago! I don’t suffer from scalp inflammation no, never have really, I use nizoral every other day though, then on my off days I’m currently using alpecin

zarazakka

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to use generic 1mg finasteride, then switched to generic quartered 5mg finasteride pills which I used for around 6 months and then the past few weeks I’ve been using genuine propecia pills. I lived in Australia and would just get them from whatever pharmacy I passed, now I’m getting propecia from boots in the UK. I don’t think it matters honestly, but I would try to get yours from a pharmacy rather than online.