You've Got To Be Masculine To Pull Off Significant Hair Loss

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, what comes to my mind when I see that kind of post (and you see a lot of them on reddit, the manosphere, etc.) is:

"Why the hell not both?!"

They're like "get muscles, better clothes, tan, a beard, etc. etc." but god forbid you mention a combination of FUE's and concealers on top of implementing the other changes.

I sport a beard, because it makes me look better, I enhance my skin tone with astaxanthin, I lift weights, I wear fitting clothes

AND

I use minoxidil and I've had a 2000 graft FUE, which actually makes more of a difference than all the changes above together.

It's not like this is thinking out of the box or something.

And it's funny that on mainstream outlets, you'll get crucified if you even dare to mention treatments and hair transplants:

"Don't be a pussy, shave that sh*t off and lift, tan, beard, etc. That's how real men tackle hair loss, look at Vin Diesel!"
A lot of men cant afford £9,000 for a hair transplant so they cope by growing a beard and building muscle

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What would be the best way to go about losing weight without having extra skin? im looking to drop 15-20 by this summer. Is it the cardio/weightlifting that will prevent the lose skin? When i was 17 i dropped 85 pounds in a year from 300 pounds. I am a littel scared that now that im 7 years older that the fat wont come off as easily.

The internet claims that you want to lose weight slowly, apply coconut oil, Shea butter, and retinol on your face, stay hydrated, and use a combination of diet and exercise. I went to look for the original sources but there weren't any. People were making whatever sh*t up that made sense to them.

Some people say "it's all genetics" but that's a common answer when people have done no research.

Dr. Jason Fung said he's seen his patients lose 50-100 lbs or more and none has ever needed loose skin surgery. That's impressive. It would be great if he published his findings. His idea is that when fasting the body catabolized skin, as it cannot catabolize muscle and bone tissue. Would be great if he published it and proved his point.

So really loose skin is a poorly understood area. I could not find proper research publications on the issue. Just hope that whatever method you use to lose weight is the right one.

Sorry.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw building muscle will help you build volume in the arms and legs.

But your fat is distributed on the stomach, cheeks, etc, you'll never build build enough muscle there lol.

But I guess avoiding loose skin on the arms is a win and legs is a win.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It happens to most people:

View attachment 48620

Its usually teens that get away with not ageing when losing weight

You posted random pictures that doesn't prove anything and certainly doesn't prove a massive claim such as "it happens to most people."

The only way to prove that is with a clinical trial, aka science. You can't guess this sh*t.

Which doesn't appear common in this field.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
You posted random pictures that doesn't prove anything and certainly doesn't prove a massive claim such as "it happens to most people."

The only way to prove that is with a clinical trial, aka science. You can't guess this sh*t.

Which doesn't appear common in this field.
Just google it - there are tons of cases where it ages the face.

Theres a mountain of clinical evidence - i'm just not going to write it up for a hair loss forum because I have a life.

If you are bored then check it out yourself

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I feel like you are one person who might over think the whole weight loss thing.

Side note: Has anyone else over 25 lost weight and felt it aged their face?

I think losing 30lbs has aged me 5 years.

I have not lost weight, but an aging face is a common side effect of significant weight loss. When the fat that 'fills out' the face disappears due to weight loss, you can be left with this tired looking face - pronounced nasolabial folds, less volume to cheecks, bags etc. All of this appears to have aged the face significantly. I don't know if it happens to everybody over 25 (probably not), but it's pretty common I think.
It really sucks for this girl under here because she has worked so hard to get rid of the weight and is left with a tired looking face and tons of loose skin. She would need surgery to remove the extra skin on her abdomen and fillers to restore the volume in her face. Lesson; Try to not get fat kids, it's not a walk in the park.
o-SIMONE-WEIGHT-LOSS-570.jpg

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Polar Bear's harsh take on this: you might as well do nothing at all then.

The full baldness negates all your improvements.

'You are as good as your worst feature' theory.

If I didn't have my 2000 grafts to cover and frame my face, I wouldn't even bother with trying to improve my body for example.

As @shookwun said, a muscular body will halo the f*** out of your other 'good' features (height, nice face, hair).

If you're not ready to pay for a hair transplant, you don't really want to look your best, so I don't see the point of trying to improve your body or your clothes.
I presume you are not aiming this at me.

I'm saving for a transplant but it will take about 4 years to save the full amount.

Side note:

I'm not so fatalist as some of you guys. If you happen to be bald then it isn't came over, you can still date, and improving yourself will never harm your chances.

I don't know how I feel about hypergamy with dating but I believe their is strength to the theory - so in brief, improving yourself will always help you market value in the dating world.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not lost weight, but an aging face is a common side effect of significant weight loss. When the fat that 'fills out' the face disappears due to weight loss, you can be left with this tired looking face - pronounced nasolabial folds, less volume to cheecks, bags etc. All of this appears to have aged the face significantly. I don't know if it happens to everybody over 25 (probably not), but it's pretty common I think.
It really sucks for this girl under here because she has worked so hard to get rid of the weight and is left with a tired looking face and tons of loose skin. She would need surgery to remove the extra skin on her abdomen and fillers to restore the volume in her face. Lesson; Try to not get fat kids, it's not a walk in the park.
o-SIMONE-WEIGHT-LOSS-570.jpg
Its brutal - it ages the face and sags the skin :(

I think she looks better fat

shookwun

Reaction score
Polar Bear's harsh take on this: you might as well do nothing at all then.

The full baldness negates all your improvements.

'You are as good as your worst feature' theory.

If I didn't have my 2000 grafts to cover and frame my face, I wouldn't even bother with trying to improve my body for example.

As @shookwun said, a muscular body will halo the f*** out of your other 'good' features (height, nice face, hair).

If you're not ready to pay for a hair transplant, you don't really want to look your best, so I don't see the point of trying to improve your body or your clothes.
I am surprised you mentioned the ideal behind you are only as good as your worst feature. This is notable in bodybuilding, especially when competing. 'you are only as good as your worst body part' Everything else can be great, but the shear focus of attention seems to always shift towards the weakest muscle group, which then puts the harmony, and balance out of place.

One of the issues we face with hair loss is that baldness tends to throw our dimensions out the door, and makes an otherwise symmetrical face appear not attractive. Lack of symmetry tends to take balance, and harmony out of the face, and we start focusing on the negative portions of ones aesthetics. A prominent nose suddenly appears large, wonky ears become noticeable, and all imbalances become much more prevalent.

A good body tends to have a halo effect on the face, & vice versa.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am surprised you mentioned the ideal behind you are only as good as your worst feature. This is notable in bodybuilding, especially when competing. 'you are only as good as your worst body part' Everything else can be great, but the shear focus of attention seems to always shift towards the weakest muscle group, which then puts the harmony, and balance out of place.

One of the issues we face with hair loss is that baldness tends to throw our dimensions out the door, and makes an otherwise symmetrical face appear not attractive. Lack of symmetry tends to take balance, and harmony out of the face, and we start focusing on the negative portions of ones aesthetics. A prominent nose suddenly appears large, wonky ears become noticeable, and all imbalances become much more prevalent.

A good body tends to have a halo effect on the face, & vice versa.
Is this really true though?

Say if Chris Hemsworth had weak calves or triceps - would women stop fancying him?

Or if a beautiful woman had acne under her makeup - is that really a deal breaker?

I don't think I agree with this theory.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, sadly she does :( Imagine all the hard work she did only to end up looking like that. It would absolutely kill me had that happened to me.
All we can say is that at least she isn't going to weight related illnesses now and that's good for her.

As for the looks - surgery is the only answer if she wants to be 'hot'

God, this forum makes me say brutal things.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just google it - there are tons of cases where it ages the face.

Theres a mountain of clinical evidence - i'm just not going to write it up for a hair loss forum because I have a life.

If you are bored then check it out yourself

I know that there are anecdotes, but that only proves that it can happen to some people.

It doesn't prove that it will happen as a general rule.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The equivalent for women is "the makeover".

Some women will spend thousands of dollars on new makeup, new clothes, new hairstyle, new perfume, new shoes. I see it happen.

You know what would often work better?

Lose 10 lbs.

shookwun

Reaction score
I feel like you are one person who might over think the whole weight loss thing.

Side note: Has anyone else over 25 lost weight and felt it aged their face?

I think losing 30lbs has aged me 5 years.

People with androgynous faces naturally always have that youthful, bubbly and feminine look which can contributes the appearance of being facially younger. A blessing, but also a curse as most women will see you as sexually non-desirable. Fat into the mixture gives that appearance of innocence, and immaturity.

Workplace discrimination can also be factored in, as most people cannot fathom the idea of seeing you in a management position.

In other words you felt younger because having a androgynous face plus fat made you look immature, and innocent in appearance. Where as a masculine, and rugged face tends to look older. It's all mental masturbation though, our biological clocks are all the same, but factors such as skin laxity can aid in the appearance of aging better,.

hair, Body fat, and skin elasticity are the most important contributors to aging gracefully.

Last edited:

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that there are anecdotes, but that only proves that it can happen to some people.

It doesn't prove that it will happen as a general rule.
True - it has something to do with the elasticity of the skin, but I haven't researched it that much.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
All we can say is that at least she isn't going to weight related illnesses now and that's good for her.

As for the looks - surgery is the only answer if she wants to be 'hot'

God, this forum makes me say brutal things.

Yes, that's great. Being obese certainly puts you at risk for premature death or severe health complications.
It's brutal but true; She does need the surgery to look 'hot' or at least normal. She'll be left with a huge scar across her belly but I guess it's the price you have to pay.

shookwun

Reaction score
Is this really true though?

Say if Chris Hemsworth had weak calves or triceps - would women stop fancying him?

Or if a beautiful woman had acne under her makeup - is that really a deal breaker?

I don't think I agree with this theory.
Your comparing apples with oranges in your post.

f*** would having weak triceps deter, and make Hemsworth not appear attractive. Most people won;'t notice because there eyes would always shift, and gravitate towards there strong point.

FACE is the hall mark, and pre requisite towards everything. Attractive face = everything

An ugly face with weak triceps, and a skinny body would have a negative and equal halo effect on each other. Making someones eyes shift towards all your negative features.

That's the problem with being asymmetrical, and ugly. We always focus on the negative points, not the positives.

Nobody cares if you have blue eyes on a ugly face for example.