Your predictions for the year of 2021?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The 2020 year is ending so it's a good time to start speculating about how 2021 will unfold.

These are my predictions for 2021 about the state of current potential future treatments*:

Tsuji won't release sh*t (he won't even *announce* sh*t)
Stemson won't release sh*t and won't start clinical trials
Tissuse/J Hewwit won't release sh*t and won't start clinical trials
HairClone won't release sh*t
Shiseido won't release sh*t
Follica won't release sh*t
Samumed won't release sh*t
Breezula won't release sh*t
[Insert company doing hair loss treatment research] won't release sh*t

(*I hope will be wrong but I won't)

My only hope for 2021 is that Stemson will announce pre clinical studies on large animals. If they end the year still playing with mice I will throw the towel on them as well.

What are your predictions?

--------

EDIT!!!!!

Ok it's time for me to eat crow.

I (happily) got my first prediction totally wrong.

In the hair loss treatment industry, when a company closes shop and it's main researcher becomes a tumb on the subject, it's almost always the case that something really bad happened and that research has reaches a fatal dead end.

BUT NOT WITH TSUJI. I should gave more weight to this mans biography and eye of the tiger. The announcement of yesterday shows the man is not only smart but also a brawler that won't back from challenges no matter how big they are.

I'M SORRY TSUJI I WAS WRONG. GO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT FOR US NOW!

Guys 2021 is off to a great start. Great things are coming!

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I predict it’ll become the big 5 for the common hair loss sufferer: Breezula (CB), finasteride, Minoxidil, and Microneedling. So CB would definitely be more commonly used. And maybe from the increase in usage we can see what exactly is the most efficient way to apply it and whether or not it has a stronger effect when used with other treatments.

I think there’ll be more news about WAY-316606 from the Italian market.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think hair transplantation techniques (minimal scarring, larger graph survival rate, smaller donor damage rate) will come this year.

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also don't expect much of anything to come out in 2021. I certainly hope that I'm wrong. It's depressing.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I predict it’ll become the big 5 for the common hair loss sufferer: Breezula (CB), finasteride, Minoxidil, and Microneedling. So CB would definitely be more commonly used. And maybe from the increase in usage we can see what exactly is the most efficient way to apply it and whether or not it has a stronger effect when used with other treatments.

For 2021? Cosmo/Cassipea haven't started phase 3 for breezula so I'd say breezula will be released in 2025 (if all goes smoothly). The closest thing to release is Samumed.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
For 2021? Cosmo/Cassipea haven't started phase 3 for breezula so I'd say breezula will be released in 2025 (if all goes smoothly). The closest thing to release is Samumed.
But it’ll be approved for acne, which will be enough for hair loss suffererers to use. And I wouldn’t be surprised if derms prescribe it regardless for hair loss.

Also as a side note, not really for 2021, I think at the rate of how much we’ve learned about hair loss in the past decade plus the pharmacology jumps we’ve gone through (driven a lot by big data and AI), genetic problems like hair loss will be solved a lot quicker than we think. Something has to give, and I predict by 2030 or even earlier we’ll see something.

It’s not like it was a decade ago where people thought we’d have a cure by now. We’ve learned a lot and it’s a completely different scientific atmosphere

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

CB ... you can wait a long time. Kintor> CB in terms of release speed.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But it’ll be approved for acne, which will be enough for hair loss suffererers to use. And I wouldn’t be surprised if derms prescribe it regardless for hair loss

Not sure how it works in America, but here in the UK (not sure about the rest of europe) there are no such thing as compounding pharmacies also Winlevi was never submitted to the EMA (European medicines agency) for approval. If it gets submitted today, it'll still take 2 years for approval.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
CB ... you can wait a long time. Kintor> CB in terms of release speed.
Ah I did forget about Kintor, I’m not sure where they are right now. Are they set to release by 2022?

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah I did forget about Kintor, I’m not sure where they are right now. Are they set to release by 2022?
Very much doubt it, your release timelines are super ambitious lol. Even if they finish phase 3 and gather the results and submit the relevant applications, FDA approval takes about a year and a half and EMA approval can take 2 years.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we will get some good news from Tsui and Stemson, maybe human trials from Stemson
Tsuji will probably announce his retirement soon.

As far as Stemson, they haven't announced pre clinical studies yet so they are not starting any clinical trials soon.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes because the CEO said it will take at least 3-4 years. The question is do you have more information about It?
It was their CSO (Dr. Terskikh), and he was probably talking about commercial release.

Their CEO said back in the middle of 2020 that it would take 16 months to start clinical trials but I confident that prediction is off.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no wonder why you are always disappointed and depressed. you're not really listening. it has been said it takes 3-4 years for studies.
I'm not depressed, it's the whole situation that is bad. My post may sound negative and may have made you depressed but it's not my fault every company that promised something for the last years ended up breaking their promises badly.

Could you please give us a source where the CEO (or their CSO for that matter) of Stemson said that "studies" would take 3-4 years?

Last edited:

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This whole speculation stuff is nonsense. You’re just arguing about dates that neither of you hold any control over. How about we make a thread for each one of these when there are official statements by the company in regards to their progress?