Your Hair Loss Is Not The Problem - The Way You Think Is!

johnbbbb

Reaction score
I think all the OP is trying to say is that male pattern baldness is not the end of the world, which it isn't. Yeah I know it sucks and there are a lot of hard luck cases out there that handle it worse than others. But if you're in your early 20s and treat it early with finasteride and minoxidil...odds are your male pattern baldness will grind to a halt.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with the first post in a way, and I'm happy for you you handle it very well. But as you said for yourself, YOU yourself have reached your goals in life- and I (as well as many others) have not.

And hairloss could be a contributing factor of feeling more of a failure (take this from personal perspective please!) in a way or some. Plus, some people really (would) look a lot worse without hair (me included)... So it could be one of the things which would put the person in another downward spiral.

wessneijder

Established Member
Reaction score
Get back to reality bro. I was in the theatre this past weekend and there was a bald foreveralone guy sitting by himself. The girls that were in our group were laughing and teasing about him.

Then I was at Walmart and the girls in front of me were giggling at a cashier who had some really bad crown balding.

My boss always cracks jokes about how much more of my scalp he can see.

Everywhere I go people make fun of bald people. Bald guys are always with the ugliest of girls.. except when they are with no girl at all.

Baldness has truly ruined my life. That being said I try to make the best of it. These were the cards I were dealt.

Hoppi

Reaction score
deadlocks said:
I agree with the first post in a way, and I'm happy for you you handle it very well. But as you said for yourself, YOU yourself have reached your goals in life- and I (as well as many others) have not.

And hairloss could be a contributing factor of feeling more of a failure (take this from personal perspective please!) in a way or some. Plus, some people really (would) look a lot worse without hair (me included)... So it could be one of the things which would put the person in another downward spiral.

yeah I agree man, it's not easy. I think it's a particularly like, just weird and unexpected condition, it's such an evolutionary question mark!

The way I look at it though, girls have things like periods and they tend to gain weight more with age especially, etc etc, and we lose hair. It's a trade-off isn't it really, and with products like minoxidil, finasteride and CB-03-01 things are looking better and better every day for keeping our hair.

Life eh? :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
The way I look at it though, girls have things like periods and they tend to gain weight more with age especially, etc etc, and we lose hair. It's a trade-off isn't it really.

And what about the majority that dont lose hair?

Hoppi

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Hoppi said:
The way I look at it though, girls have things like periods and they tend to gain weight more with age especially, etc etc, and we lose hair. It's a trade-off isn't it really.

the majority of guys don't lose hair? o_O

In what country? lol

balder

Established Member
Reaction score
A survey that implies better hair means better options for appealing to women...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/50 ... -hair.html

Women prefer men with a full head of hair
Women searching for love on dating websites are five times more likely to contact men with a full head of hair than those who are thinning on top, a study has revealed.

[...]

The profile showing the man with a full head of hair received 108 responses, compared with 22 received by the page showing him with thinning and receding hair

[...]

A full head of hair makes a better first impression when meeting people.

Pyro

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi, you're wrong if you think the majority of guys lose their hair. On my facebook account, of all my male friends, there's about 6 or 7 with hairloss. I have around 110 male friends on it.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I bet my f*****g balls OP isnt even NW2, hows that!?!? :jackit:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
s.a.f said:
Hoppi said:

the majority of guys don't lose hair? o_O

In what country? lol

In every country :jackit:

I'm talking about real hairloss - baldness, particularly young guys. Not non existant thinning like you have that nobody else notices, that does'nt count.
Does Brad Pitt have hairloss? he's a man.
But I suppose you count middle aged NW2's as hairloss sufferers. :smack:

If all men have hairloss then why are we on here?

Hoppi

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
In every country :jackit:

I'm talking about real hairloss - baldness, particularly young guys. Not non existant thinning like you have that nobody else notices, that does'nt count.
Does Brad Pitt have hairloss? he's a man.
But I suppose you count middle aged NW2's as hairloss sufferers. :smack:

If all men have hairloss then why are we on here?

hm, I do think the vast majority experience it to a considerable extent certainly by middle age but I think many get it approaching 30, mid 20s, etc etc

I dunno, when I look around me I see a LOT of guys losing hair. Two of my best mates are also losing hair, one has lost a lot. Another one of my best friends locally has lost a fair bit.. in fact most guys I know have, and we're only mid 20s.

There's a chance it's 50/50, but.. I dunno, it would be interesting to see the stats maybe!

Most guys just either don't care that much, or shave it off (or buzz it really close).

We're just the ones who really want to keep it, that's all o_O

s.a.f

Reaction score
About 70% of males will never get to advanced 'slick' bald status like NW5/6/7
and only 1 in 10 guys will be properly bald before the age of 30.

Therefore its true to say that m.p.b sufferers are the minority.

'Normal' people dont see NW2's as balding even on guys in their their teens and 20's. The general public sees either hair or no hair and thats the way it is. They dont know the register the difference between NW1's and NW2's.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
wessneijder said:
Get back to reality bro. I was in the theatre this past weekend and there was a bald foreveralone guy sitting by himself. The girls that were in our group were laughing and teasing about him.

Then I was at Walmart and the girls in front of me were giggling at a cashier who had some really bad crown balding.

My boss always cracks jokes about how much more of my scalp he can see.

Everywhere I go people make fun of bald people. Bald guys are always with the ugliest of girls.. except when they are with no girl at all.

Baldness has truly ruined my life. That being said I try to make the best of it. These were the cards I were dealt.

Maybe if that bald guy at the theater exuded more confidence then everyone behind him would have certainly picked up on that and left him alone.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I think this section is important to vent your frustrations over hair loss, the problem is a lot of people here I feel do not properly vent there frustrations and instead let it build up and lash out, make irrational claims, or ideas. A lot of times it is because they are young and I still do some of that too, but I think a lot of people who do that also do not have a lot going for themselves or just were never confident to begin with. Not insulting anyone with that, I have confidence issues, we all do.