younghairloss's story

RaginDemon

Reaction score
the improvement takes place rather slow, just be paitent.

antonio666

Reaction score
your hair looks 100% better with shorter hair because you are fair haired
the contrast between your hair and skin is good because a person withour our male pattern baldness knowledge would not notice your hairloss,keep it short no need to buzz at the momont

RaginDemon

Reaction score
your hair is the way to go!

younghairloss

Reaction score
heh thanks, it looked really nice when I had it at shoulder length before I started losing it. My goal with all of this is to shine back to former glory, hope I can get into the success stories after a while.

Hopefully the derm won't be difficult and give me propecia right away.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
younghairloss said:
heh thanks, it looked really nice when I had it at shoulder length before I started losing it. My goal with all of this is to shine back to former glory, hope I can get into the success stories after a while.

Hopefully the derm won't be difficult and give me propecia right away.

They normally dont give ppl too much hassel prescription it.

younghairloss

Reaction score
Went to the derm today, he seemed really reluctant to give me Propecia, I really had to push him it seems. He basically said that it won't work and that it has strong side effects. I pushed some more and he agreed to write me a three month prescription so I could try it out.

BUT I had to choose between Propecia and Accutane, since I can't take both at the same time, so I was forced to chose, and I decided to take Accutane now for 4 months, before I start on propecia. God dammit !!

Anyway I'm going to continue Minoxdil and Nizoral at least, and then start propecia in 4 months. Hopefully it won't be to late because my hair is driving me mental. So this was a bad day of many, but hopefully it will change in the future. :agree:

kilgore

Reaction score
Man, I wouldn't take the accutane. It is great for bad acne but hairloss is a known side effect of isotretinoin (accutane). Many people who have been on it report that their hair thinned significantly after using it and in some cases it persisted after stopping the medication. Additionally it might accelerate the male pattern baldness in genetically predisposed individuals. I am guessing your doctor didn't tell you this. If this is the case I would change doctors right away. I would try every OTC acne product available on the market before trying accutane for acne. What have you used for acne before?

Good luck man and take care.

younghairloss

Reaction score
Hey there,

I've tried everything else so basically accutane is the last resort. That's why I have waited so long before I get on it.

Anyhow, I don't plan on losing any more hair, I just have to keep thinking positive, I have decided to not to think about side effects all day, because then I would probably end up with all of them. I say f*** it, my body is a machine and nothing will take it down. lol

Thanks for sharing your views though, have you ever been on accutane?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
younghairloss said:
Went to the derm today, he seemed really reluctant to give me Propecia, I really had to push him it seems. He basically said that it won't work and that it has strong side effects. I pushed some more and he agreed to write me a three month prescription so I could try it out.

BUT I had to choose between Propecia and Accutane, since I can't take both at the same time, so I was forced to chose, and I decided to take Accutane now for 4 months, before I start on propecia. God dammit !!

Anyway I'm going to continue Minoxdil and Nizoral at least, and then start propecia in 4 months. Hopefully it won't be to late because my hair is driving me mental. So this was a bad day of many, but hopefully it will change in the future. :agree:

i can go to any walk in clinic and get the Rx for Propecia without ANY hassel. Your Doctor is an ***.

younghairloss

Reaction score
He is a good guy, but still annoying that I have to "battle" with him to make him understand how painful this is.

Anyway he agreed to talk more about it when I'm finished with accutane. :wink:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
younghairloss said:
He is a good guy, but still annoying that I have to "battle" with him to make him understand how painful this is.

Anyway he agreed to talk more about it when I'm finished with accutane. :wink:

whats there to talk about? I mean if you have male pattern baldness, Propecia is pretty much the only drug that can help reduce DHT.(other than dutasteride of course)

It's a proven treatment, and I dont see any point of him not Rx it to you.

younghairloss

Reaction score
Yeah man I agree with you, I want to investigate further if it really is possible to take both accutane and propecia at the same time.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
younghairloss said:
Yeah man I agree with you, I want to investigate further if it really is possible to take both accutane and propecia at the same time.

It's wise to do so. GL on your treatment if you do decide to get on finasteride. I think your hair will benefit from it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Your hair loss is rather unique. It does now follow the Male Norwood scale. If I have to put you on the male Norwood scale, you are a NW1-2. But you obviously have very aggresive diffuse thinning all over your top. It seems more like female pattern of hair loss to me.

Have you seen a derm yet?

younghairloss

Reaction score
Thanks for reply, I went to the derm as mentioned in a post little earlier. But have not been able to ask a second time if I can use both finasteride and accutane at the same time.

kilgore

Reaction score
younghairloss said:
Hey there,

I've tried everything else so basically accutane is the last resort. That's why I have waited so long before I get on it.

Anyhow, I don't plan on losing any more hair, I just have to keep thinking positive, I have decided to not to think about side effects all day, because then I would probably end up with all of them. I say f*** it, my body is a machine and nothing will take it down. lol

Thanks for sharing your views though, have you ever been on accutane?

I have never been on accutane, bro. Guess my acne was never too bad. But I think it is something that us hairloss sufferers should avoid if possible. Hairloss as a side effect of accutane has been documented quite a bit. You're not guaranteed to get it, but you might.

Have you ever tried using a good antibacterial scrub/ facial cleanser and a daily moisturizer addition to your regular acne medicated cream? If you unclog your pores and kill all the bacteria and then moisturize your skin, I think the acne creams have a greater chance of working. I think that is why most newer acne treatments come with 3 different products that you apply one after the other. Something like that proactiv thing or this from neutrogena. http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails_259.asp?lProductLineID=1 Have you ever tried something like this?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
definitely a visit to the derm