younghairloss's story

younghairloss

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm 22 two years old, and losing my hair. I started losing it 5 months ago.

What should I do, I appreciate any help that I can get. Thanks for reading.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
get on meds !

common stuff is propecia, rogaine and nizoral. The "big 3". you may not need all three depending on the severity of your loss. posting some pics will help with this.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
catch it early when possible. quite a large number of people here regretted for not starting early. if you are sure that you've got male pattern baldness there, go for the big 3. As what flimflam had mentioned, it depends on the severity of your hair loss. do consider propecia for maintenance :p

younghairloss

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help, I will try and take some pictures.
What are the possibilities that this is just "casual" hairloss, is there any chance what so ever that it will just grow back??

Again, thanks for the feedback.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
its hard to believe u lost that much hair within couple months.

powersam

Reaction score
thats either more than 5 months loss, or more than male pattern baldness. shave your head, and get on the meds. see a doctor to get your thyroid levels checked and maybe even your copper and zinc levels checked as well.

younghairloss

Reaction score
Hey,

I've been to the doctor twice in the last 8 months, and taken two blood tests, the only thing that came out was that I had low iron levels in my bloodwork.

I also have bad acne and I took Tetracyclin for 5 months, from January to may this year.

antonio666

Reaction score
i agree with powersam that looks to much loss for 5 months,it is a lot for 5 years,probably not male pattern baldness if that has happened in 5 months

powersam

Reaction score
research kids.

http://www.google.com/search?hair loss=en&sa=X ... ss&spell=1

younghairloss

Reaction score
Going to the dermatologist in two weeks, hopefully he will take me seriously. When I talked about hairloss with my doctor two weeks ago, he just said that there is nothing I can do about it, other than to think positive.

IBM

Reaction score
you should punch your doctor. I bet he's old, boring or a thick nw1 to say such a thing.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
my family Doctor is bald but he is old, I guess he just doesnt give a sh*t about hair loss.

younghairloss

Reaction score
I have to start taking accutane, is it still possible to take Propecia while on accutane? Anyone been through this? Thanks

RaginDemon

Reaction score
younghairloss said:
I have to start taking accutane, is it still possible to take Propecia while on accutane? Anyone been through this? Thanks

I don't see why its a problem to do so.

younghairloss

Reaction score
I took some new picture, I cut my hair really short. Any new comments on what I should do, or just keep going with the big 3? Thanks for feedback.
a%20(1).jpg-for-web-LARGE.jpg

a%20(2).jpg

a%20(3).jpg-for-web-LARGE.jpg

a%20(4).jpg-for-web-LARGE.jpg

a%20(5).jpg-for-web-LARGE.jpg

a.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I am almost certain you have male pattern baldness, you should get on treatments ASAP.

younghairloss

Reaction score
Started on minoxidil 5 % today, I have an appointment with the derm in three weeks, so hoping to get Propecia then. Wish me luck :wink:

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck yh, just remember to be consistent with your routine, everything will be fine and soon your hair will improve. Think positive and don't count falling hairs, just check your overall hair appearance on the mirror, or by comparing photos.

p.s. Ask your derm about accutane and finasteride, i think that some acne treatments bring early hairloss as a side effect, and react negative when taken together with hormone altering drugs as finasteride. I'm not sure though!