Young guy thinking of wearing

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been on propecia for 6 months with no results so considering that I'm only 20 and I f*cking want to live my life I think I'll go for a hair system. I still have a reasonable amount of hair but I want to style it without any limit. I only have one question : Is it okay to think that my real hair will still take benefits of propecia (if they will ever do) under the hair system? Or is it bad for the hair ?

I want to believe that someday I'll be happy with my natural hair and the hair system will help me wait for this moment

g.i joey

Reaction score
propecia keeps getting better and better for up to 2 years. If you are maintaining at 6 months you may be on the road to minor regrowth.

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for you answer, actually I'm not mantaining I'm shedding heavily since month 3 and things are getting worse and worse to the point I don't want to look at the mirror anymore. Anyway I wanted to know if a hair system will have a negative effect on my natural hair?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been wearing for quite a few years and I havent noticed any negative impact on my native hair. I made the change when my hair was thinning so the transition would be discrete. There is no reason why meds cant still have a chance while wearing.

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Great that's all I wanted to know. So hair systems really ARE the solution before the miracle treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

So I won't be able to use nizoral and minoxidil anymore I guess?

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Mompo

My experience is the same as Grincher. I still have a tuft of frontal hair which grows strongly. I shave it off every week and it has been hidden under my hairpiece for several years now, but it is still growing as strong as ever. It's a damned nuisance actually?

If you wanted to apply topicals you could use a light tape at the back of your piece. Then you could detach it as necessary, roll the piece forward (but without disturbing the adhesives holding the hairline on) and apply the topicals on your scalp, then reapply the tape. It could be a bit messy, and you would be sacrificing some security of your bond (although in reality there is not usually any pressure on the adhesives at the back of a hairpiece).

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you Noah. One more question, I do a lot of sport every week and I want to know if it can come of if I sweat?

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Mompo

No, the glues and tapes are really strong, and it won't come off just because you sweat. The adhesives need about 6 - 8 hours to set fully after you put them on, and heavy sweating during that time is not advisable. Once that time is past, the glue is extremely solid, and can only be removed by dissolving it in alcohol.

I do mountainbiking, which is very sweaty and dirty, but I have no problems. I have also done scuba diving in my piece, when I was under water for an hour, again no problem.

noah

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank you Noah. One more question, I do a lot of sport every week and I want to know if it can come of if I sweat?

I work out 4 times a week at the gym and I sweat. Never had any problems.

- - - Updated - - -

I have also done scuba diving in my piece, when I was under water for an hour, again no problem.

noah

impressive!