You Might Be Interested In Reading This.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok so duta didn't maitain too ?
do you take an aromatase inhbitor with spironolactone to prevent gyno ?
No i am on no other medication other then .5 mg Dutasteride once in the morning and 100 mg spironolactone in the morning and 100 mg spironolactone in the evening. Oral spironolactone that is. Nothing else!

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is some crazy result !
what do you think of dutasteride safety profile in terms of gynecomastia ?

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is some crazy result !
what do you think of dutasteride safety profile in terms of gynecomastia ?
Well for me I’ve had no Gyno ever. Either on Finasteride Dutasteride or Spironolactone. For me it’s been safe for that. But I can’t speak for other people. Some guy might be more prone to getting Gyno then me.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before and after crown pics if you guys care.

Attachments

• 2355E7E5-35D9-426A-9E9F-B8174BF23A3C.jpeg
    2355E7E5-35D9-426A-9E9F-B8174BF23A3C.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2,721
  • BCE9F3F3-322F-4886-9A6E-31E1250D0098.jpeg
    BCE9F3F3-322F-4886-9A6E-31E1250D0098.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 2,764

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok so according to you duta 0.5 mg 3times a week is safe in terms of gyno ?

I’m not a doctor. Dutasteride hasn’t caused any Gyno for me I take it everyday at . 5mg in the morning.
If you’re considering taking a medication that’s your decision and something you’re going to have to be ready to deal with if it happens to you.
I knew the consequences of everything I took. And I made my decisions very informed and ready.

deadhairfollicle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow I'm really happy for you man.
How fast have u gone from fullhead to nw4 in 2nd pick tho?
Also would you know if propecia eventually loses effect on everyone? I'm starting propecia soon and I was hoping I could mantain with it for like 10 years not just 1...

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if when you stop taking spirolactone you will only lose the results brought by it or you'll gonna lose more when your body adjusts without the drug?

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow I'm really happy for you man.
How fast have u gone from fullhead to nw4 in 2nd pick tho?
Also would you know if propecia eventually loses effect on everyone? I'm starting propecia soon and I was hoping I could mantain with it for like 10 years not just 1...

I noticed results almost immediately within a couple of days from starting propecia that it was working. I’d say for me in a month my hair had thickened up and was growing.
My hairloss however is very aggressive. It was almost like every day I would get balder. I dont know if it was from stress and a telogen effluvium that I was going through because it only took a few months to basically lose most of my hair. And maybe that’s why most of my hair came back.
I’d say that propecia is a good way to start. I’ve heard that it has worked for some people for 10 years ( I wish that was the case for me). So I’d say try it out. There are side effects if it works for you but if you notice them going away I’d watch out because that’s when I started to lose my hair. Not saying that it will happen to everyone but this is what happened to me. Just know there are other things you can do if propecia stops working.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if when you stop taking spirolactone you will only lose the results brought by it or you'll gonna lose more when your body adjusts without the drug?
I would assume if I stopped taking Spironolactone I would go bald in no time. I don’t plan on coming off spironolactone until it stops working (god I hope it doesn’t). I’m comfortable with being on spironolactone again I don’t have any problems being on it.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congratulations, I think part of your success is that you started treatment relatively early after getting hairloss and then making your regimen stronger when something loses efficiency. compared to people who wait and are balding for years before starting real treatment and then they would require something stronger to jump start the regrowth process.

I was wondering, why did you post this in the General section and not the Success section? I think this thread will just get drowned out by all the frequent new threads in this section.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps this gives indication to the idea of Topical spironolactone but in a vehicle that allows it to penetrate and be as effective as oral but without the systemic side effects.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great result. I was on a similar regimen too but my hair loss was perhaps more aggressive and occured at a younger age. Its good that you are getting limited sides too. I eventually dropped spironolactone and have maintained on topical RU (with oral minoxidil though) so there are other future options should you develop more sides or lose efficiacy with this regimen.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congratulations, I think part of your success is that you started treatment relatively early after getting hairloss and then making your regimen stronger when something loses efficiency. compared to people who wait and are balding for years before starting real treatment and then they would require something stronger to jump start the regrowth process.

I was wondering, why did you post this in the General section and not the Success section? I think this thread will just get drowned out by all the frequent new threads in this section.

In all honesty it was my first time posting on this forum and I wasn’t aware that there was a success section. But you’re right I should’ve.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great result. I was on a similar regimen too but my hair loss was perhaps more aggressive and occured at a younger age. Its good that you are getting limited sides too. I eventually dropped spironolactone and have maintained on topical RU (with oral minoxidil though) so there are other future options should you develop more sides or lose efficiacy with this regimen.

Thank you for that information. I’ll definitely keep it in mind if and when my current regimen goes south. How long have you maintained with your current regimen?

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing regrowth. I'm absolutely shocked. I'm not nearly as bad as you, but I definitely would love to see results like that. You haven't had any other sides on oral spirolactone other than the little gyno that faded? And how were you able to get a prescription for it?

julien1200

Established Member
Reaction score
Very interesting post! I am a bit in a similar situation except i never had the courage to start spironolactone. I really keep it as a last weapon.
Although I am tempted... Did you check how it can interfere with kids eventually. And do some of you buy online ? As I don't know who would prescribe this. Indeed i should go to a trans specialized doctor to have it legally