• No ( absolute zero sides )

Votes: 38 40.4%
  • Yes (minor sides)

Votes: 31 33.0%

• Total voters

Anil

My Regimen
Reaction score
everything you need to understand about propecia can be found inside the leaflet, what more is there to understand? Irwig was clearly biased and im not allowed to be? Also, if you think people take other medications without potential side effects your batshit insane, why would propecia be any different..... FOR THE VAST MAJORITY of users, like any other medication, propecias side effects subside after a month or 2 of being off the drug, so i dont get what all the hysteria is for to be honest.
not all the effects are going away. like pfs like gyno ... you are blocking your manly hormones and you ask what all the hysteria is for to be ? lol

g.i joey

Reaction score
not all the effects are going away. like pfs like gyno ... you are blocking your manly hormones and you ask what all the hysteria is for to be ? lol

pfs is debatable at best, i swear im not one to discount it but i believe its alot less prevalent than you and many others make it out to be, as for gyno, this has symptoms that you can identify before any growth or aesthetic difference is made

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately ED is still present. I have a appointment with one of the best urologist here in january.
Btw, I never had problems with T-levels during treatment.

Is it just trouble maintaining an erection, smaller erection, or inability to get one at all? I feel like these are all thrown under the "ED" label.

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it just trouble maintaining an erection, smaller erection, or inability to get one at all? I feel like these are all thrown under the "ED" label.

I have noticable smaller erection (about -40%). Maintaining an erection is also problem but not as bad as weak boners. Before finasteride treatment I had almost perfect erections and libido, no problems at all.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have noticable smaller erection (about -40%). Maintaining an erection is also problem but not as bad as weak boners. Before finasteride treatment I had almost perfect erections and libido, no problems at all.

Congratulations on having an excellent screen name.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
everything you need to understand about propecia can be found inside the leaflet, what more is there to understand? Irwig was clearly biased and im not allowed to be? Also, if you think people take other medications without potential side effects your batshit insane, why would propecia be any different..... FOR THE VAST MAJORITY of users, like any other medication, propecias side effects subside after a month or 2 of being off the drug, so i dont get what all the hysteria is for to be honest.

I don't know why you give the pharmaceutical industry so much trust.

When it comes to propecia, statins, SSRIs, aderall, Vicodin, etc. people should do their research in my opinion. Big Pharma has unfortunately proven themselves to be unreliable and untrustworthy.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I don't know why you give the pharmaceutical industry so much trust.

When it comes to propecia, statins, SSRIs, aderall, Vicodin, etc. people should do their research in my opinion. Big Pharma has unfortunately proven themselves to be unreliable and untrustworthy.

I don't give the pharmaceutical industry "so much trust". I've just met many people now in real life who've taken this drug and continue to with no complaints, people who have quit due to sides and are fine now and have a brother who's been on it for 8 years.

Do I think the 2% stat is under reported? Honestly, yes I do; but I don't think there's any more surprises to propecia than what we know.

I also think back at my opinion on this drug before I started taking it and it was wayyyyy too biased, I created crazy theories in my head claiming that Merck put this drug out to purposely diminish the chance of bald men reproducing and that they were phasing out shittier genetics to leave more room for superior genetic makeups to reproduce lol, I literally thought it was poison... with that said, I know this is how some people who've never taken it feel about it, it's scary to some people

Realistically all it did was make it harder for me to lose weight lol

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never tried the drug and never will. DHT is an important hormone to your body, do not mess with it.. No matter what anyone says, just because some knobber didn't get sides from it in 6 months and is telling you the oh so classic "Hey man, I'm fine, it's just fear-Mongering" doesn't mean he won't get it in another 6 months. Do what you want, it's your life.

Unfortunately, sides or not, this is the most effective we can get today, get hair or loose dick tryin'

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't give the pharmaceutical industry "so much trust". I've just met many people now in real life who've taken this drug and continue to with no complaints, people who have quit due to sides and are fine now and have a brother who's been on it for 8 years.

Do I think the 2% stat is under reported? Honestly, yes I do; but I don't think there's any more surprises to propecia than what we know.

I also think back at my opinion on this drug before I started taking it and it was wayyyyy too biased, I created crazy theories in my head claiming that Merck put this drug out to purposely diminish the chance of bald men reproducing and that they were phasing out shittier genetics to leave more room for superior genetic makeups to reproduce lol, I literally thought it was poison... with that said, I know this is how some people who've never taken it feel about it, it's scary to some people

Realistically all it did was make it harder for me to lose weight lol

Merck removed again a drug from the French market due to side effects they were "not aware" of, and the list is quite long now, i agree with @Afro_Vacancy here about unreliability and untrustworthy of most of Big Pharmas

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never tried the drug and never will. DHT is an important hormone to your body, do not mess with it.. No matter what anyone says, just because some knobber didn't get sides from it in 6 months and is telling you the oh so classic "Hey man, I'm fine, it's just fear-Mongering" doesn't mean he won't get it in another 6 months. Do what you want, it's your life.
God damn it just when I finally had the heart to start taking finasteride, I see this comment with multiple likes on it

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Merk cant lie about Side effect statistics. The FDA and EMA are very rigorous when it comes to these things, not to mention these statistics are checked to see their accuracy in clinical trails and post marketing surveillance by the regulatory agencies mentioned above.
Of course they can, I'm not saying that they did, but it's definitely possible when it comes to something you can't measure with tests. Isn't vioxin or whatever it's called a good example?

Starting finasteride is no problem, if you get sides early on you just stop. The main issue is still the long-term use, there are no good studies when it comes to this. This study posted the other day kind of confirms what I've been thinking: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25830296

I mean, if you think about other drugs like cigarettes or alcohol you'll be fine for years even though we know how bad these things are. Smoke for 10 years and there's good chance you still feel fine, it's only when the sh*t hits the fan you'll really notice it. Source: I'm an ex-smoker.

To make it clear, I'm pro finasteride. But I still think it's important to keep these things in mind.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
They can lie of course but if they do the FDA/EMA will know, clinical trails and pharmacovigilance is very rigorous, if side effect numbers differ from what the MAH says the regulatory agencies will change the SPC/PIL.

When it comes to long term effects of the drug the pharmacovigilance will pick up any signals the drug gives, in the EU for example side effects data is collected and reviewed every 5 years, meaning all data on the drug since it has been on the market is reviewed, any changes in ADR statistics are reviewed to see if the product is still safe and appropriate changes in the SPC/PIL are made.
In the US data is reviewed constantly not periodically so if this increase in ADR in long term use is true the FDA will report on it. The FDA is not bought by a company, they wont classify data like that, they have no incentive to do so.

Side effects feel more pronounced as those who have them complain about them, those who don't not always say so. For example I am on finasteride and dutasteride and have no sides, I never talk about that, and I'm sure most people also don't. Millions take finasteride, having people on a forum like this (which is a place to talk about sides, meaning it seems more pronounced) may make it seem like way more than 2% experience these sides, but in reality all you are seeing is a very small percentage of the patients on the drug.
What do you think they're doing when looking for side effects? They ask, that's it. No blood tests or anything. When I'm talking about long-term issues I do not specifically talk about sexual sides. If someone 10 years down the road has his hormone-levels fucked up how do you make the conclusion it's finasteride or other causes? Let's say it's because of finasteride but neither the doctor or you think that this is possible, will it get reported as a side effect?
They could've asked me during my years as a smoker if I noticed any side effects from it and I would have said no. But actually running tests on me and looking and my lungs, my blood flow and my skin, they'd find symptoms that would be considered as side effects of smoking.