Votes: 38 40.4%
  • Yes (minor sides)

Votes: 31 33.0%

• Total voters

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude a lot of those 2% guys are on forums like this. So it makes sense the percentage is high

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I said I have minor sides, but in fact I only have slightly more watery semen. On the positive side thought it's also much more of it.
Dunno. No libido, erection ect. sides at all.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So 50 % have some side effects . So Merk is lying that only 2% have sides effects..

They aren't lying at all. When they say only 2% experience side effects they're referring to the serious one's. It's likely that 25% of the people who take it will experience some side effects to a minor degree when first enduring the drug. It's a drug that alters your body's hormones so obviously some individuals will feel a bit different whilst their body adjusts to what's being put in it.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I said I have minor sides, but in fact I only have slightly more watery semen. On the positive side thought it's also much more of it.
Dunno. No libido, erection ect. sides at all.

Any positive results?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Majority of people here are the 2% you're thinking of. Think of all the people who come here asking for advice, a lot of them end up on the big 3 and that's it, they're gone.

Balding Virgin

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I took my first finasteride pill, I experienced significant brain fog and mild testicular pain. I couldn't think straight. Later that night, while masturbating, my penis felt very... strange, and somewhat numb. The ejaculation was not as fulfilling. I had a similar experience when I hopped on dutasteride.

As of today, I don't notice any side effects other than watery semen, every time. Either the brain fog has subsided, or I've become accustomed to it.

In regards to libido, I get morning wood virtually every day and random erections throughout the day.

I've been taking finasteride for approximately 2 years and dutasteride for 1. I also recently restarted RU @ 200mg/d. No noticeable sides from the RU.

Tokato

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why I'm afraid taking finasteride? Reading all these horror stories and see real statistic of side effects. %of sides is much bigger than Merk says. And i can't understand how some people don't have sides. Finasteride blocks 70 %of DHT in your body. DHT is very important hormone. He regulates libido, erection and many other important things..
And where did you come from? Would you mind not sharing something so stupid? "It" doesn't regulate erection. It may affect it. If it regulated it, then there would be no way for any man to take it. 'bout libido, how horny do you feel when you are sick? Or sad? Or depressed? Is DHT low at those times? Hm? Oh and mind sharing what else does it regulate?.... you know, there has been this theory of mine when it comes to DHT. If it's so important, how come that women can live normally live without it?

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why I'm afraid taking finasteride? Reading all these horror stories and see real statistic of side effects. %of sides is much bigger than Merk says. And i can't understand how some people don't have sides. Finasteride blocks 70 %of DHT in your body. DHT is very important hormone. He regulates libido, erection and many other important things..

Well then fix up your lifestyle whilst using finasteride to help sustain a sufficient amount of testosterone within the body. Going to the gym, lifting weights and eating a fixed diet containing high levels of protein promotes testosterone. If you eat sh*t, sleep sh*t and overall live like a slob then you're more likely to experience heavy sides in comparison to one who has a fixed and healthy way of living.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Here are the findings of Washington study by Dr. Irwig, what instantly comes to mind is that the percentages of side effects are way beyond few percent Merck is claiming.

Dr. Irwig, Washington study reports:
- 94% low libido
- 92% erectile dysfunction & decreased arousal,
- 69% problems with orgasm,
- 66% reduction in sexual activity
- etc. plus links to depression & cancer.

Ahh the famous irwig study when 100% of patients recruited were the minority screaming "I have pfs"

That is fact btw, the only applicable recruits were those who had sides. Please do proper research before you post bullshit

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Don't have any sides, on it almost a year.

Then again I'm not sure it's really working, I didn't get regrowth but I guess it is slowing down my loss a bit.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had sexual sides for the first three months or so of taking Dutasteride, but those then gradually faded and were completely gone after six or seven months. I'm a firm believer that these medications should be given plenty of time to allow your body to adjust to the change in hormone levels. There will be a good chance that if you persevere and give it time, the side-effects will lessen or fade completely over time as they did for me.

pollutionbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used propecia for 10 days in total in the start of september and it raped me. Ill probably make a full recovery within a month from now but this is really shitty because this has prolonged me from trying cb.

INT

Reaction score
  1. Yes ( serious sides )
    7 vote(s)
    18.9%

2. No ( absolute zero sides )
    14 vote(s)
    37.8%

3. Yes (minor sides)
    16 vote(s)
    43.2%
:( Reading this im afraid to use finasteride.

There are safer options but they will probably be less effective. If you caught it early they might buy you some time.