You Guys Tell Me

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
A little bit about my hair loss history first. I have two older brothers the oldest has a perfect head of hair at age 40. The middle started to lose his hair in his early 20s :(. He lost most of it on top, but he still has around 1,000 hairs left ( give or take ). His hair loss stopped mid twenties and has stayed that way ( early 30s). Dad is about Norwood 2.5 at age almost 60. My mom I think too loses a lot of hair but not noticeable yet almost 60 also.

I experienced my first male pattern baldness shed at age 17. Hair would just fall out in school it would be on the desks in the books. Senior year I could tell my hair was thinned out still not very noticeable. I went to my GP and he pretty much laughed at me. He was a young guy maybe 30ish. He said let me go ask an older member about hair loss I don't know very much. I don't know if he knew it but he was going balding too ;p.. He didn't give me propecia, and I didn't need regrowth so I didn't get minoxidil. I started taking Biotin made my hair stronger so it didn't shed as much. After 5 months, it started again. I got on natural DHT blockers such as Saw Palmetto. Despite many people believing they don't work they stopped my horrible itch and darkened up my hair. I've been on herbs for about 14 months. Throughout those 14 months I had breaks from the herbs. So prob 11 months total of taking them.

Right now I'm on herb DHT blocks, and for the last three months I've been using S5 cream religiously. This is what i need help with. I think I have experienced regrowth, but I can't really tell. I'm going to keep using S5 through the summer plus rengen DR or w/e shampoo. After the summer, I'll prob get propecia. Very nervous to talk to my GP since the last one laughed at me.

Here are some pictures you guys tell my if S5 is working on my hairline:
First three are from before last four are after 3 months.
DSC_0024.jpgDSC_0027.jpgDSC_0028.jpgDSC_0063.jpgDSC_0066.jpgDSC_0071.jpgDSC_0101.jpg

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have those little hairline spots too. Damn annoying! How old are you OP? GPs in the UK aren't much cop when it comes to hair loss. But you can get finasteride without a prescription online or through the expensive Boots Hair Program.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
The worst age to be losing hair 20... Does it look like i had any regrowth to you?

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You do seem to be, after tilting my head at the pictures lol! I can see some darkening of the fine hairs around your hairline. It's early days though, given how long a hair cycle is. I'd stick with it :)

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
That little red spot has been helping me watch the progress. I also had two indents on the front of the hairline if you get what I'm saying and on one side it filled in. But thanks for making me feel better buddy =p

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean. Half of my hairline is kind of NW1 (going off top wrinkle) but the other is good old NW2. But the side that went first went over 10 years ago, so no chance of me getting that back. Glad to be of help, and look forward to seeing your progress in the future mate!

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry one more question what do you think about the crown on the last picture. It's funny that spot is on the side of my better hairline. Will add photos again end of August will start regene DR also in couple of weeks

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your crown seems perfectly normal to me. Just keep what you're doing and keep taking pictures. Wish I'd bothered with baseline pics, but it's too late for me now!

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
If that is you in the picture looks fine to mee, and you're also like 30ish? If only I can't manage to keep it throughout my twenties. Overall my hair is fine, but my freaking hairline!!! Are you on finasteride?

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah my avatar is me. I'm going to be 33 in September, god I remember being a panic stricken 25 year old lurking on here. Putting off starting finasteride. Yeah I've been on it for 4.5 years now. My hair is very fine in texture and volume, and I always had a high hairline and a big forehead. I certainly can't complain, and if I'd know back then where I'd be now, I'd have been punching the air with delight! I think I laboured under the misapprehension I;d had a low juvenile hairline, but looking at where the skin is lighter, I've lost very very little thankfully.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll see about starting finasteride this fall. I'm not nervous about that pill as much as I am going to get a script for it. **** it ill move heaven and earth to get to it

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to get hold of. I just buy generic proscar and cut it into quarters.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a little update, started S5 cream April 6th and just finished my last jar. Overall, it did improve my hair. But for whatever reason, I ordered a month supply of the good stuff. finasteride! I ordered it off this website, and I received my package 8 days later. The strips it comes with looks pretty legit. I never knew the pills were so tiny. Well anyway, my plan is to take .5 mg every three days. After I finish these thirty pills, I will order again and up my dose to .5 mg EOD. I will update with pictures after every order!

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Update. I've been on finasteride for just under a month. I know it's too soon too tell whether it is working. Side effects include a short quick sting in the prostate and testicles. No change in erectile status yet, but it does seem a little bit softer. My muscles also feel not dense. This could be due to lifting weights less. The muscles are still there just softer. No change in hair. Will keep updating!

bryan87

Reaction score
Hello OP, My hairline is very similar to yours. The only thing I'm using is Nizoral for now. I really don't want to use finasteride. do to the side effects. I've been thinking about adding the S5 cream to routine, but I'm not so sure yet. I'm going to track you progress and see how well you respond to the S5. I have a few questions for you. Have you notice any improvements with the S5, since you started using it? Do you loose less hair now? How often do you apply it? Thanks

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm only 19, and my temples are receding rapidly. In a week or two I will be starting on Finasterida (generic Propecia) and Minoxidil 5%: Rogaine Foam.
Does this seem like an apt regimen? It is my wish to not only prevent further loss, but also regrowing, hopefully. Is this a good age for me to go up in arms against this hell?
I've been thinking of getting a hair transplant surgery, but I fear it would only serve to make matters far worse, later on in life. What do you think? My thanks.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Shubham- Sorry, but what do you mean? Bryan- I'm currently just on finasteride and Nizoral. Pictures 1-4 are of my hairline before I started using S5, and the rest are pictures after 4 months of use. I applied it two times a day on the top of my scalp. I think it did help out with turning the miniaturized hair stronger. Just look at the pictures, and decide whether you think there was a change or not. Remember it was only 4 months worth of use should try for a year. Just scared so I jumped on finasteride. TheMirrorOfDreams- You should post a couple of pictures. With Min, go for it no worries. You might shed a bit, but if you keep going it will grow back. finasteride I think you should start out with .25 mg EOD for a month. Then double the dose to .5 mg EOD, and so on... This should help you with gauging on how the pills will impact you. Let's say you experience sides with .5 EOD but not .25 EOD. Just keep using .25 because it still lowers DHT. AKA better than nothing!