You guys are such lucky pricks..

G

Most of you whine about how you look back @ your teenage years when your hair was full...yet so many of us...myself included have to look back @ our fuken childhood years..think about that...i used to have thin, but a full head of sandyblond hair...now although I always had a big forehead, my hair looked good enough even short to make it look drastically smaller...now 8 years later, I have a slowly (and even tho its baarely recessed) receding hairline exposing a forehead the size of a battle cruiser the US navy would love to have...in addition my hair is darkening, becoming a dull ugly brown color.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Well, it is very common for hair to get darker during the teen and pre-teen years. I used to be a blondie as a toddler, and now my hair is dark brown.

Similarly, my brother was toe-blonde, bright yellow hair, and even he is pretty much a brunet at this point.

As for your recession... tell me about it. I think you're preaching to the choir here, we are all suffering from the same thing. All we can do is stick together and figure out what works.

Shielded

Reaction score
Yeah, I've had the receded hairline since I was a teenager, I just thought it was the way my hair was. Hairline has slowly been receding until now and the hair on top of my head is thinning.

I put this all together today (21 now, almost 22) and needless to say, it was a huge slap in the face. I mean this is seriously life-changing, I can't believe I never made the connection until now. I feel like dying.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nobody has a larger forehead than me.

TheMoose said:
Most of you whine about how you look back @ your teenage years when your hair was full...yet so many of us...myself included have to look back @ our fuken childhood years..think about that...i used to have thin, but a full head of sandyblond hair...now although I always had a big forehead, my hair looked good enough even short to make it look drastically smaller...now 8 years later, I have a slowly (and even tho its baarely recessed) receding hairline exposing a forehead the size of a battle cruiser the US navy would love to have...in addition my hair is darkening, becoming a dull ugly brown color.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Another display of one-upmanship by Recboi.

Yes, we know. You're the ugliest mother ever put on earth, with horrible transplants sitting firmly above the massive forehead that houses the horrible personality that turns all women off instantly. We get it.

If thyis were a movie, you'd be played by a depressed David Schwimmer.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
been battling since age 15 its been disgusting

but thats how life is

im 20 now btw so i fully see where ur coming from

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel for you man, I do complain, but I have to admit that my recession didn't start till I was about 20-21, so I guess I did enjoy a good teenage life with my hair. I really hope that you can at least keep what you have now and hopefully build on that in the future.

Felk

Reaction score
GoodGuy said:
Believe me.. I am not a lucky guy...

I suck so much.

Goodguy, i feel for you man, male pattern baldness is something that can consume some people. However it's really your mind consuming you, tricking you into believing things which aren't true.

Your own situation would appear very differently to others, and im sure many would look at you and want what you have.

I know, with the rational voice telling me in the back of my mind, that i am one damn lucky guy. I have so many things which many people would love to have.

However, the only thing that is prominent in my mind recently has been my thinning hair and how awful it makes me feel, and i can't imagine how anyone else would view me differently if it worsens or doesnt improve.

The truth is that someone with only one leg will look at my and crave what i have. Someone with no money at all will crave what i have. Someone with no future will crave what i have.

But for me, i crave what someone with lots of hair has.

This is our mind playing tricks on us, it really is. Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you think about what happens to you.

Want what you have, don't just try to have what you want. All it will do is leave you deeply dissatisfied and rob you of all happiness and contentment. When you want what you have, the reverse happens...

Good luck with your problems.