You guys are not possibly close to the struggle I'm going through

Anonymous99

Established Member
Reaction score
As many of you said, I can't get on finasteride until I'm 18. Below I attached a link of a picture of my hair in the sun, since I shouldn't get on finasteride right now would minoxidil actually help me?
http://imgur.com/b4ux9X2

Mapleman

Established Member
Reaction score
As many of you said, I can't get on finasteride until I'm 18. Below I attached a link of a picture of my hair in the sun, since I shouldn't get on finasteride right now would minoxidil actually help me?
http://imgur.com/b4ux9X2

Do you wanna know what i think?

First of all you have to evaluate how much you care about your hair, all these anti-androgens come with some degree of side effects, but in the end you are essentialy trading possible side-effects for an improvement in hair quality. If hair really matters to you (which it seems to do, since you are on a hair loss forum) then i would just get finasteride from an online pharmacy. I started balding early as well, and i can't regret it enough that i wasn't able to get on finasteride/dutasteride/whatever until i was 20.

Keep your hair, get on finasteride as fast as you can, even if it means that you have to get it through illegitimate ways.
And yeah, getting on minoxidil is probably a good idea.

Anonymous99

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you bro. But at the moment I care about the size of my dick too lol. However, I just want to maintain what I have, then get on finasteride when I can, and in the future hope for a hair transplant

hairer

Reaction score
Thank you bro. But at the moment I care about the size of my dick too lol. However, I just want to maintain what I have, then get on finasteride when I can, and in the future hope for a hair transplant

I am 18 and on finasteride, 2 days in and no sides. Get on finasteride, save your hair. At your age regrowth is more than likely if done properly.

hairer

Reaction score
****.. ur under 18?

**** man, idk

if hair is truly vital to u, i would say it is time to look at finasteride. is it ideal? **** no
are there sides? yup.
but if u do nothing it will only get worse, and minoxidil ages ur face so its ****.

Lol what?

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride wont help you your hairloss is too agressive, if I were I would hop on dutasteride rigth away

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score

Dude what are you even talking about with penis size and finasteride?

joeyab16

Reaction score
I would be cautious of going on finasteride at such a young age. It really is a potent drug. it be safer to go minoxidil and PRP with acell rather than risk your sex life. Hair loss is traumatic at such a young age, but your sexual function is even worse.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
I mean if you can grow a full beard your most likely done with puberty. How many years have you been able to grow one for?

- - - Updated - - -

I would be cautious of going on finasteride at such a young age. It really is a potent drug. it be safer to go minoxidil and PRP with acell rather than risk your sex life. Hair loss is traumatic at such a young age, but your sexual function is even worse.

Where do you get the idea that age has any correlation with side effects? Or are you just against finasteride in general. I could probably bet losing all hair young will do more damage to a persons sex life then being one of the unlucky people who get sides.

joeyab16

Reaction score
it is just as devastating because the sides cannot be treated with a magic pill. there is no set reversal in the cases where the sides linger way after the drug was stopped.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh so your stuck with permanent sides? Or just read a bunch of **** on the internet?

alexpie2

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it only your left side that is diffusing? I can't tell if your right side is diffusing, but if it's not, then I don't think this is male pattern baldness...

Anonymous99

Established Member
Reaction score

What is prp?

Anonymous99

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride wont help you your hairloss is too agressive, if I were I would hop on dutasteride rigth away
This is another thing I'm worried about

- - - Updated - - -

Oh so your stuck with permanent sides? Or just read a bunch of **** on the internet?
I'm not afraid of the sides, however I have posted a similar thread where I was contemplating on finasteride and most users said not to as at age 16, regardless of my physical appearance, my hormones have not yet developed completely and using finasteride could interrupt or damage this process. This is why I couldn't make up my mind, and the reason I say half of you f*ckers had it easy

- - - Updated - - -

Is it only your left side that is diffusing? I can't tell if your right side is diffusing, but if it's not, then I don't think this is male pattern baldness...

Right side starting to diffuse too but like at the speed of a snail. Confirmed male pattern baldness.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are in a very though position man. I personally would never touch finasteride under the age of 18.

If you don't do anything I think you'll be a full blown NW5 within a few years though.

I saw this one yesterday, relates to you;

[video=youtube;EGXWDwQ51hU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGXWDwQ51hU[/video]

Androgenetic Alopecia is a b**ch man..

Anonymous99

Established Member
Reaction score
You are in a very though position man. I personally would never touch finasteride under the age of 18.

If you don't do anything I think you'll be a full blown NW5 within a few years though.

I saw this one yesterday, relates to you;

[video=youtube;EGXWDwQ51hU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGXWDwQ51hU[/video]

Androgenetic Alopecia is a b**ch man..

Believe me bro, life is unfair at times. Is there any reason as to why you won't touch finasteride at 16? I'm 17 in four months and the idea is making me seriously depressed. I still have college to go through and I'm considered attractive and the hair does help a lot. Seriously contemplating on finasteride and would stop if any sides become present.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean if you can grow a full beard your most likely done with puberty. How many years have you been able to grow one for?

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you get the idea that age has any correlation with side effects? Or are you just against finasteride in general. I could probably bet losing all hair young will do more damage to a persons sex life then being one of the unlucky people who get sides.

Had a full beard for a year and a half

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
As soon as you turn 18 try out finasteride! And see how you feel.

I was in the exact same situation as you, did nothing at first and then lost a huge part of my crown and more diffuse thinning all over the head when I turned 19. I'm 21 now and been on finasteride for 9 weeks.

Anonymous99

Established Member
Reaction score
As soon as you turn 18 try out finasteride! And see how you feel.

I was in the exact same situation as you, did nothing at first and then lost a huge part of my crown and more diffuse thinning all over the head when I turned 19. I'm 21 now and been on finasteride for 9 weeks.

There wouldn't be a point in trying out finasteride there unfortunately, most of my hair would be long gone