Yikes! System Arriving 4 Weeks Early. Nervous As Hell.

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I booked an appointment to go see the hair piece on Friday, and to choose a bonding and styling appointment at a later time. I don't know if it's just my nature but I am suddenly nervous as hell, was this reaction experienced by anybody else with their first hair piece?
As I plan to use tape for the sides and back and glue at the hairline, should I be asking for several different samples to experiment with for potential skin reactions? If the piece turns out to be good, should I order a second identical piece so I have a backup before proceeding with the first install. I won't mind waiting another 2 months if others found it beneficial to have an extra one on hand.

Noah

Reaction score
It’s absolutely normal, Leduc. You wouldn’t be human if you didn’t feel some butterflies. Are you in a position to try to make a stealth transition, without people noticing?

As we discussed before, I suggest you get the salon to slick down your natural hair and try the hairpiece in over it, maybe even attaching the hairline, so that you can reassure yourself that you are happy with the look and the colour match before they buzz your bio hair.

You have probably left it too late to do allergy tests on the different tapes. I think at this stage it is better just to get a commitment from then that if you suffer any adverse reaction to the adhesives they will give you an immediate appointment to fix it. From what I understand, serious allergic reactions to hairpiece adhesives are pretty rare. Normally the worst that can happen is a bit of itching and redness, which can easily be fixed by changing adhesives or using scalp protector.

Definitely if you decide that wearing hair is for you then you need a back-up piece. I would give it a couple of weeks to test-drive it, and if you are happy go ahead with your second order.

All the best for Friday

Noah

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s absolutely normal, Leduc. You wouldn’t be human if you didn’t feel some butterflies. Are you in a position to try to make a stealth transition, without people noticing?

As we discussed before, I suggest you get the salon to slick down your natural hair and try the hairpiece in over it, maybe even attaching the hairline, so that you can reassure yourself that you are happy with the look and the colour match before they buzz your bio hair.

You have probably left it too late to do allergy tests on the different tapes. I think at this stage it is better just to get a commitment from then that if you suffer any adverse reaction to the adhesives they will give you an immediate appointment to fix it. From what I understand, serious allergic reactions to hairpiece adhesives are pretty rare. Normally the worst that can happen is a bit of itching and redness, which can easily be fixed by changing adhesives or using scalp protector.

Definitely if you decide that wearing hair is for you then you need a back-up piece. I would give it a couple of weeks to test-drive it, and if you are happy go ahead with your second order.

All the best for Friday

Noah

Hi Noah,
Thanks for the advice. I retired quite early so the transition shouldn't be a problem, at least I won't have co-workers to worry about. I still have coverage on top although the shedding has been brutal for the past 2 years. Stress related initially, then I got on Finasteride not knowing that it also causes severe shedding in many people. I turned out to be one of those people. I will keep my fingers crossed that the system is beyond my expectations. I am still having reservations about my choice of base material, but I am determined to try again if this one does not work out. I will know, good or bad, in 2 days.
Regards,
Leduc

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
perfectly normal to be anxious. Let us know how it goes...
things to consider or be aware of for first fitting.
1- hair is curly from factory...depending on your natural hair, this may look ridiculous. Salon can straigthen hair.
2- length is usually 6 inches, again salon will cut, based on your chosen style.
3- best to leave at least one inch of your bio hair, to better blend hairpiece with your hair.
4- good choice for adhesives, if you can or if they want, ask then to put ghostbond behind one ear ( on scalp) , and ultrahold behind other ( for your reaction test) wait 24 hrs, then remove using 99 alcohol you can get at pharmacy.
5- given you have mono, you have some time to test out and see if you want similar piece, base for next unit.
6- as you want to become a DIY, shop online for pieces, should be easy to find a stock piece, light density, grey in various types of bases..
7- my very first piece was like yours i believe ( mono, poly surround, 1\2" french or swiss lace front)..As I was new to wearing and was obsessive with my hair line ( redoing, cleaning, fiddling around) , I ended up fraying the front hairline lace soo much, piece was useless after 2 or 3 weeks, I had ruined the front lace part...leasson learned, careful with delicate lace....

Leduc

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
perfectly normal to be anxious. Let us know how it goes...
things to consider or be aware of for first fitting.
1- hair is curly from factory...depending on your natural hair, this may look ridiculous. Salon can straigthen hair.
2- length is usually 6 inches, again salon will cut, based on your chosen style.
3- best to leave at least one inch of your bio hair, to better blend hairpiece with your hair.
4- good choice for adhesives, if you can or if they want, ask then to put ghostbond behind one ear ( on scalp) , and ultrahold behind other ( for your reaction test) wait 24 hrs, then remove using 99 alcohol you can get at pharmacy.
5- given you have mono, you have some time to test out and see if you want similar piece, base for next unit.
6- as you want to become a DIY, shop online for pieces, should be easy to find a stock piece, light density, grey in various types of bases..
7- my very first piece was like yours i believe ( mono, poly surround, 1\2" french or swiss lace front)..As I was new to wearing and was obsessive with my hair line ( redoing, cleaning, fiddling around) , I ended up fraying the front hairline lace soo much, piece was useless after 2 or 3 weeks, I had ruined the front lace part...leasson learned, careful with delicate lace....

Much appreciated and needed advice AxC123, I am making notes of everything you and Noah have suggested for my visit tomorrow and going forward. Hopefully I'll have positive news to report.
Leduc