Yeah hairloss kills your chances

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
Why don't you give an average looking girl a chance for a change? You may find your success go up.

If "average" is a code name for "Fugly"/"obese" then I shall pass-thank-you-very-very.....

barcafan

Reaction score
no dude, average means average lol. stop going for the hot b****s, they aint a safe bet most of the time anyway

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
cuebald said:
So it has taken over two years for OKNow to realise he has a mature hairline

What's a mature hairline?

And whose to say it wont worsen?

SMart

Reaction score
barcafan said:
Everyone has this sense of entitlement to a hot woman when they themselves are probably nowhere near their league

Why don't you give an average looking girl a chance for a change? You may find your success go up.

keep up the hypocrisy, gents

Have to agree with this guy, finally someone who speaks some sense.

Pages and pages on this sh*t -- how can you expect a woman to go beyond your looks when you almost certainly are not (ie the obession of looking for the most attractive young ladies).

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nobody wants a *hot* woman... (well we all do, but its not like we feel entitled to one!) im trying to hook up with decent looking girls and i have to be honest, im at all times low due to my hair loss, its never been like this before :dunno: i kid you not my friend... i just spoke with a 26yo today (in a local bar) and she went "how come you lost all your hair, your only 28" i wouldnt give if it really didnt matter, but had 3 different (strangers in bars) commenting about my hair in a week period (summer semester is over so i go out alot these days) dude.... all times low... :shakehead: i really unequipped to deal with so much rejection... meh,
its a devastating DEVASTATING blow to the ego! and im not the emo type, i really feel for the more sensitive guys out there. i dont believe in a cure too... its just a new reality we have to adapt. and some of us just cant.
for the first time i realize that the problem is not with the hair loss sufferers, but actually with the people who think that hair loss is no issue...its a big f*****g thing even for an "average looking women" (lets say, i get rejected by 6's on the CCS scale) , the ones who are in denial are the ones who deny that fact!

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
imlosinit said:
I have a 32 year old friend average looking guy. He's is an accomplished doctor and univ prof here with aggressive hair loss. He's from a culture where the parents do the matchmaking and "on paper" he's a great catch.

He's pursuing girls between 20-27 and he's probably "talked to" about 300 girls. He's a picky guy so these girls are all above average looking (i.e. his parents are looking for hot girls). Anyway, he's been nixed by all the girls he's liked out of this group (approx 40 or so).

I would have thought some of these women might have taken the plunge just for the financial security and giant home. Not to mention, he's a very nice guy who would treat his spouse right. But no one bit.

He is now focussing his efforts overseas to countries where women still have "financial security" high on their priority list. So, in this case, the hairloss killed him.

I think I'd much rather be single than just be a meal ticket for some desperate woman with no sense of independance or integrity.

The penis beckons. And when it calls, it craves not integrity, independence or solitude.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh more testosterone and my balls start balding .... :dunno:

Reaction score
Ori-then you don't have to worry about shaving them! :punk: I tried to take a look at your pics, but it says your bandwidth was exceeded. Regardless, people seem to say you rock the shaved head look pretty well. I'm really sorry to hear people comment on your hair. I feel you. I've been getting comments since 24 (now 27) and I'm currently an Norwood 3/3.5 and thinning quickly. You know what works super well when someone says, "why'd you lose your hair at a young age?" You say something silly and take it in stride, eg "Do YOU know why!? Tell meeeee![silly/sarcastic tone", "I've been asking God that question since I noticed it!" When she sees you're able to take a jab, you're in. I promise. Make a laugh of it. The world is full of balding fools, and I'm one of them with you. :)

You guys spout off about how confidence isn't something you can show on a first impression and I wholeheartedly disagree. With your/our bald/balding head, you might not be the first person that catches her eye (or maybe you are...there are many ladies who dig a shaved dome), but the second YOU put forth the effort to speak to her, make her laugh, and show her you aren't going to let your VAIN issue take you down, she will see confidence. Yes, it takes bigger balls but it's the age old arguement on here- does a bald guy with confidence get more *** than a non confident good looking guy? As age becomes a factor (I'm saying 24 yrs old +), I'm going to say YES every day of the week.

I b**ch and moan and piss every day about my hairloss like you guys. I get it. The reality is on the top of our heads. Nothing drastic is going to change. Getting yourself away from thinking about it is our only hope.

I consider myself a fairly attractive, funny, confident guy. When I think about my hairloss, my confidence is GONE. My feelings of attractiveness are gone. I've felt much less attractive since my hairline has become so noticeable. I felt suddenly challenged with the ladies, struggling to muster up any original conversation because my mind was(still is at times) obsessed about my hair. THAT is what kills chances. When I sacked up with confidence, NOTHING in the way of being able to get girls changed for me. It was like I had a full head of hair again and nobody noticed. You know why? Because nobody gives a f*ck about your hairloss except you. Hardly any at least.

I've pulled more *** in the past year than I ever have with my freaking NW3.5 and enormous forehead. These are girls on the 7-9 scale depending on your taste. I'm not going to post pictures out of respect, so either email me or take my word. 2 of them turned into serious girlfriends, one being absolutely beautiful! Guess what? She got over my hairloss once she met ME.

Buy nice clothes, trim your body hair, keep your beard/facial hair tip top, keep your hair short and not ridiculous, EXERCISE(the best anti-depressant around, i promise), and sack up. I can show you a PILE of my bald/balding friends who have the coolest, cutest wives in the world. Why? Because they kept being themselves when their hair started falling out.

No we're not all built like Jason Statham or have the looks of Andre Agassi. BUT, if you want a PRIME example, do some research on Neil Strauss. That NW4 (shaves his head) pulls more *** than a public toilet seat. There is no refuting it. He's short, not anything special and bald. Nice clothes, good personality, well groomed, and CONFIDENCE has gotten him everywhere. Here is a picture of him "cleaning up" http://vindicarlo.com/wp-content/upload ... trauss.jpg Who would think the dip on the right would be who he is today?

If you guys need to see CONFIDENT, BALD men, go hang out on the www.slybaldguys.com forum who shave their head and are moving on with their lives. Plenty of them are pulling *** and, no, they don't all look Vin Diesel.

Seriousl

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
imlosinit said:
I have a 32 year old friend average looking guy. He's is an accomplished doctor and univ prof here with aggressive hair loss. He's from a culture where the parents do the matchmaking and "on paper" he's a great catch.

He's pursuing girls between 20-27 and he's probably "talked to" about 300 girls. He's a picky guy so these girls are all above average looking (i.e. his parents are looking for hot girls). Anyway, he's been nixed by all the girls he's liked out of this group (approx 40 or so).

I would have thought some of these women might have taken the plunge just for the financial security and giant home. Not to mention, he's a very nice guy who would treat his spouse right. But no one bit.

He is now focussing his efforts overseas to countries where women still have "financial security" high on their priority list. So, in this case, the hairloss killed him.

From my own experience, I think hair loss signals age, and young women seek young partners, if not for their own reasons, to show others that their mate is good. Let's face it, it's hard for a 20 something girl to hype up a bald guy to her friends. Now that my hairloss is more advanced, I'm sure some women cross me off the list as Im looking more and more my age (ie. 40).

There are always exceptions but I think this trend is true.

What culture is he from?
Is he in US currently? And he is moving to some other country to get married?

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
What culture is he from?

He's Indo/Pak/Desi. (Doctor, surprise surprise). But he was raised in Canada and has made every effort to find someone local. Since he's his family's golden boy, there is some pressure for him to find a knockout. He's not moving to another country, he's a world traveller, but now he's also looking for prospective mates on his journeys.

btw, this isnt an uncommon occurrence. many people end up returning to their home countries to bag a wife.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
imlosinit said:
CaptainForehead said:
What culture is he from?

He's Indo/Pak/Desi. (Doctor, surprise surprise). But he was raised in Canada and has made every effort to find someone local. Since he's his family's golden boy, there is some pressure for him to find a knockout. He's not moving to another country, he's a world traveller, but now he's also looking for prospective mates on his journeys.

btw, this isnt an uncommon occurrence. many people end up returning to their home countries to bag a wife.

Good luck to him..did he consider all ethnicities in Canada?

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
imlosinit said:
CaptainForehead said:
What culture is he from?

Good luck to him..did he consider all ethnicities in Canada?

Yup. And there are plenty. We were all mystified at his lack of success. In two cases that I know of, the girls cited his receding hairline as a dealbreaker (much to the chagrin of the girls' parents).

AoR

Reaction score
hairlosshippie said:
Ori-then you don't have to worry about shaving them! :punk: I tried to take a look at your pics, but it says your bandwidth was exceeded. Regardless, people seem to say you rock the shaved head look pretty well. I'm really sorry to hear people comment on your hair. I feel you. I've been getting comments since 24 (now 27) and I'm currently an Norwood 3/3.5 and thinning quickly. You know what works super well when someone says, "why'd you lose your hair at a young age?" You say something silly and take it in stride, eg "Do YOU know why!? Tell meeeee![silly/sarcastic tone", "I've been asking God that question since I noticed it!" When she sees you're able to take a jab, you're in. I promise. Make a laugh of it. The world is full of balding fools, and I'm one of them with you. :)

You guys spout off about how confidence isn't something you can show on a first impression and I wholeheartedly disagree. With your/our bald/balding head, you might not be the first person that catches her eye (or maybe you are...there are many ladies who dig a shaved dome), but the second YOU put forth the effort to speak to her, make her laugh, and show her you aren't going to let your VAIN issue take you down, she will see confidence. Yes, it takes bigger balls but it's the age old arguement on here- does a bald guy with confidence get more *** than a non confident good looking guy? As age becomes a factor (I'm saying 24 yrs old +), I'm going to say YES every day of the week.

I b**ch and moan and piss every day about my hairloss like you guys. I get it. The reality is on the top of our heads. Nothing drastic is going to change. Getting yourself away from thinking about it is our only hope.

I consider myself a fairly attractive, funny, confident guy. When I think about my hairloss, my confidence is GONE. My feelings of attractiveness are gone. I've felt much less attractive since my hairline has become so noticeable. I felt suddenly challenged with the ladies, struggling to muster up any original conversation because my mind was(still is at times) obsessed about my hair. THAT is what kills chances. When I sacked up with confidence, NOTHING in the way of being able to get girls changed for me. It was like I had a full head of hair again and nobody noticed. You know why? Because nobody gives a f*ck about your hairloss except you. Hardly any at least.

I've pulled more *** in the past year than I ever have with my freaking NW3.5 and enormous forehead. These are girls on the 7-9 scale depending on your taste. I'm not going to post pictures out of respect, so either email me or take my word. 2 of them turned into serious girlfriends, one being absolutely beautiful! Guess what? She got over my hairloss once she met ME.

Buy nice clothes, trim your body hair, keep your beard/facial hair tip top, keep your hair short and not ridiculous, EXERCISE(the best anti-depressant around, i promise), and sack up. I can show you a PILE of my bald/balding friends who have the coolest, cutest wives in the world. Why? Because they kept being themselves when their hair started falling out.

No we're not all built like Jason Statham or have the looks of Andre Agassi. BUT, if you want a PRIME example, do some research on Neil Strauss. That NW4 (shaves his head) pulls more *** than a public toilet seat. There is no refuting it. He's short, not anything special and bald. Nice clothes, good personality, well groomed, and CONFIDENCE has gotten him everywhere. Here is a picture of him "cleaning up" http://vindicarlo.com/wp-content/upload ... trauss.jpg Who would think the dip on the right would be who he is today?

If you guys need to see CONFIDENT, BALD men, go hang out on the http://www.slybaldguys.com forum who shave their head and are moving on with their lives. Plenty of them are pulling *** and, no, they don't all look Vin Diesel.

Seriousl

Bravo! This is the truth people.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
dudemon said:
The bottom line is that IF you can make yourself look halfway decent bald then you will get some attention from the ladies. and that is a big "IF" too. By doing this, it means doing all the things n the post ^^ above (have confidence, nice clothes, etc...)

But just know that some guys can wear the shaved look better than others. Guys that look good shaved are guys that would look good either way - with or without hair. Other guys who never looked good - even with hair, are going to look WORSE bald - shaved or not. That is reality. Just because movie stars like Jason Statham, and Vin Diesel look good bald/shaved, doesn't mean EVERY average bald joe can do the same. I'm afraid it just doesn't work that way.

NO - "confidence" is not going win some (if not most) of them over. Some will see the bald head and RUN (shaved or not shaved - it doesn't really matter), and there isn't a thing you can possibly say or do, and it is automatically going to be a resounding "N-O" from a huge % of women. Whether you like to think so or not, "BALD" is big dealbreaker for most women.

THAT ^^ is the truth. If you can't accept it, then you are in denial. However, once you finally realize that by shaving your head and being "confident" isn't going to work with some (if not most) women, you're on the road to salvation.

The name of the game is, like said in the post above: to look good, buy nice clothes, groom yourself, shave/buzz your head, have confidence, charm, intelligence, make her laugh, etc, etc... but just know that, as a bald man, it isn't going to work on a certain % of women. You just have to find the ones that don't mind a guy being bald and shaving his head. A small % of women actually like bald/shaved guys, but, from my experience, those type of women like that look because what they are really after is real "manly, he-man" type; a super macho buffed stud in other words. The thing is though, most if not almost ALL of this small % of women are going to be taken already, and are only going to go for the most studly dudes they can find (like from the gym, etc...). You have to realize that.

Once you realize this, you are over the first hurdle of being bald and on your way to the path of acceptance.

This is your own little conception that you believe as a fact. I think its very much incorrect in many areas.

Yes only maybe 10-20% of women legitimately "dig" the bald head but atleast 50 probably 60 or 70% are much more indifferent and less concerned about it that you seem to think

Just like men dont "dig" ladies that are slightly overweight, it doesn't mean its always a deal breaker.

Most if not all girls have their own body hang-ups. Almost every girl ive ever met is more concerned about themselves and their own hang-ups than their man's receding hairline.

The emphasis you put on it is entirely skewed and you base it on one bad experience whcih im sorry you had.

AoR

Reaction score
dudemon said:
THAT ^^ is the truth. If you can't accept it, then you are in denial. However, once you finally realize that by shaving your head and being "confident" isn't going to work with some (if not most) women, you're on the road to salvation.

I'm sorry but that attitude is ridiculous, and unfortunately contagious; I believe it's the main reason so many bald men have so many image issues.

Yes, it's true that there are women out there that are superficial enough to turn you down just because of baldness. But it's really a very small percentage and if you think about it it's a GOOD thing. If you had hair you might have had to take a girl like that out several times before you realized she was a superficial b**ch! Bald men waste much less time (and money!)

If you are confident, have a good personality, and know how to take care of yourself you will find someone easily. If you can't then I bet you the real problem lies elsewhere.

Reaction score
Dudemon, you have some valid points. However, as the others said, those points are a bit skewed. The reality is that, no, with a shaved/#1'd head, you won't look THAT much worse. It doesn't help anyone's looks, but it surely doesn't hurt as much as you think. What women DON'T want is a fluffy NW4. Why keep that crap long? I'm telling you, a dedication to keep yourself looking the best you can sometimes go further than riding the coattails of good genes with no effort.

Yes only maybe 10-20% of women legitimately "dig" the bald head but atleast 50 probably 60 or 70% are much more indifferent and less concerned about it that you seem to think

^^This is truth. How many bald/balding fools with hot chicks do I have to show you guys to believe this? I'm not talking celebrities either. My dad is a prime example. Norwood 3.5 @ 35 and pulling the hottest ladies around, now married to one of the best looking 50 year old ladies you'll ever see. He's 7 years older and she was in her 30's when they met.

But, with your logic, you're basically saying women prefer my goofy nw3.5 hairline as opposed to me shaving my head? There's no explanation to me why the amount of women coming around didn't decrease when my hair was extremely noticeable. PM me and I'll send you a picture link of me and my ugly hairline if you want. The proof is in the pudding.

Balding definitely doesn't bolster confidence, it damages it. I get that. It's hard to pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Here's more truth, though. And yes, you're right. Chances are lessened without hair, but guess what? That's life.

Look at this forum. We've been born into a developing country with education, technology, FOOD EVERY DAY, jobs, money, and accessibility to almost anything. Really, imagine for one second living in the bottom poorest 60 countries in the world. I've lived in some and visited quite a few...we're f*cking lucky and blessed in more ways than one can count.

You want to hear about a curse? I just shot a documentary on people who CAN'T SWALLOW. They have to spit saliva into cups/napkins and eat through feeding tubes, yet they appear completely normal to the passerby. They can forget about going on a traditional dinner date.

Here's the TRUTH. The TRUTH is that life is a b**ch. You could have no arms, be deformed, handicapped, sick with cancer, etc. Instead we've been dealt with only losing our hair like millions of other men. You've been dealt a card. You choose to let it rule your life or become a stumbling block that you step over like SO MANY MEN already have. I'm not saying I've fully gotten over it, but it's required if you want to have any type of fulfilling life instead of becoming a prisoner to your sorrows that EVERYONE has.

Even following the logic around here, maybe even your "standards" are reduced and the girl you end up with isn't a true knockout like you dreamt about. There are people that will never even experience a relationship in the first place. Baldness doesn't kill chances, misery over a vain issue kills chances. If I have to work a little harder by dressing nicer, keeping trim more often and exersizing more to not be miserable, that's worth it to me. Small price to pay when so many others have it SO much worse.

johnbbbb

Reaction score
Look being bald does not mean you're doomed to a life of celibacy. Off the top of my head I know 4-5 guys who are balding/bald and have very nice looking girlfriends/wives.

As for women not liking you because you're balding...who cares?!?! That's their deal, not yours. Have you ever rejected a girl because she wasn't up to your standards? Girls do the same thing.

Life isn't perfect, but you can either choose to be aggressive and go after the things you want, or you can just feel sorry for yourself and wallow in your misery.

johnbbbb

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Trust me if you have an unusual shaped head and start to lose hair, you will never get laid. When I had all of my hair I never had much confidence. I got laid a hell of a lot. I screwed 5 women from the same building I worked in at one stage.

Not anymore, they all run a mile:shakehead:

So when you were a NW1 you were having tons of sex but now that you're a NW2 women avoid you like the plague? Ok.