Xandrox15Plus, is Oral finasteride necessarily to take with it?

but What about Today

Established Member
Reaction score
Xandrox15 Plus, is oral finasteride necessarily

Or better question, is finasteride necessarily in xandroxplus really neaded if already taking orally?

What yall think

The finasteride in xandroxplus works systematically anyway, and it might be to much finasteride or a wast anyways if takin together.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wanna know as well, cus I wanna stop taking finasteride, cuz of sides and lack of further boddy development (started at age 19, im now almost 21), I wanna compensate the lack of finasteride by taking xandrox 15 plus, and maybe some saw palmetto as well.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm...this is a good question.

I've been taking finasteride for about 2+ years now and although I have no sides, I think if X15%+ is just as effective as oral finasteride, then I would stop oral finasteride.

2 birds, 1 stone.

Anyone have any ideas?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I mailed with dr Lee and he sais that its kind of evenly effective, or not far from it. He couldnt/wouldnt just say this right?

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
looks like a risk to me....
he cant say : its the same ?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Im now mailing back and forth with him about it, cuz I got a lot of questions, Im gonna send another mail right now in which I'll ask if I can post some of his answers here on this forum.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Some answers from mr Lee himself about Xandrox 15 plus:

I have no objections to your posting my replies on the Internet forums. But they should not be changed in any manner from the Q & A's as they appear below. I have edited the Q&A's slightly to make them a little more understandable and divided them into paragraphs. Your questions are in black. My responses are in blue.
Best wishes,

Richard Lee, M.D.

... wrote:

Hi there,

I was wondering, just how effective the finasteride in your topical is, compared to talking 1,25 mg a day.

Xandrox15-PLUS would be far more effective than finasteride alone or 5% minoxidil + oral finasteride.

There are definite advantages to 'using 948 as compared to 940'. Cost. The benefits of a 15% minoxidil / 5% azelaic acid solution (Xandrox15) are combined with finasteride with little additional cost as compared to the cost of 940 plus 1mg finasteride tablets. Convenience. The use of a high concentration topical minoxidil, combined with agents that decrease the amount of DHT in the scalp utilizes the two FDA safe and proven treatments for male pattern baldness in one medication.

Although topical azelaic acid will prevent the synthesis of DHT in the scalp where it is applied, it does not protect the hair follicles from DHT circulating in the bloodstream. Finasteride applied topically can and does decrease the serum DHT and, although the 5-alpha reductase enzymes in the scalp is primarily Type I, there are also Type II 5AR's in the scalp that the topically applied finasteride inhibits.

Xandrox15-PLUS does allow for systemic absorption of finasteride from a topical application, but the serum levels of finasteride would be less than that from a comparable oral dose. As reported in an article from the British Medical Journal, 'An 0.05% formulation of topical finasteride was well absorbed and lowered the serum dihydrotestosterone concentration by up to 40%. This suggests that the main action of finasteride is to lower circulating dihydrotestosterone through inhibiting production by the prostate, rather than affecting the metabolism of androgen in the hair follicle.' The concentration of finasteride in Xandrox15-PLUS is double the concentration in the study mentioned above. One would expect that 0.1% would be more effective than 0.05%, but we cannot extrapolate your response to the topical versus the oral doses because of the inherently wide biological and pharmacological variations.

Considering that you get a 4 month supply of finasteride for just ~$5.00 more than the cost of Xandrox15, and that the reduction of serum DHT is almost as much as the oral form, it should be worth using Xandrox15-PLUS in lieu of Xandrox15 concomitant with oral finasteride.

What do you guys think? Especially about the first sentence in his answer, it sounds really encouraging for me to stop with fina orraly plus minoxidil 5 percent, and start with the xandrox 15 plus!

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^^^SOUNDS good but I still am apprehensive in stopping oral finasteride and buying the 15%+...

Maybe I'll let someone else be the ginea pig on this one...