Wuffer's Success - Started finasteride 01/01/11

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
great to hear things are going so well for you Wuffer :punk:

Any tips on losing weight and getting into shape?

Thanks man! Honestly I didn't use any special diet or any training tips. I just started eating sensibly, using moderation when it came to booze and unhealthy foods / snacks, and lifted weights 2 or 3 times week with HIIT cardio on my off days. I kept my overall calorie intake for the day at a 300cal deficit, and started seeing results pretty quickly.

I see people expect results overnight, and that's why they try these crazy fad / crash diets and end up quitting after a week because they feel like crap. Working out and getting into shape should always feel great!

If you have any specific questions on my diet or workout routine, I'm happy to answer man :)

- - - Updated - - -

Can I ask, how old are you? Were you considered with side effects before starting finasteride? Lastly, would you do anything different (obv you got the results you were after) if you were to go back?

Congrats man.

I'm 31, almost 32. I was extremely concerned with side effects before starting on finasteride. In fact, I delayed trying it for over a year because I was so scared of side effects. When I started taking it and felt basically exactly the same, the concern went away pretty quickly.

The only thing I would do different was start it earlier! If I started it right when I was originally planning to, I would probably have almost a perfect hairline right now. But in terms of treatments, finasteride gave me fantastic results and I (currently) don't have a need to try anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey wuffer, really great progress, congrats. Btw I was wondering, do you still use quarter of the finasteride tablet (1.25mg) or are you using 1mg propecia. And do you use generic or brand name? I hope I get results like you. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks man! I use a quarter tablet still. I use generic, I think the brand is PharmaScience? I've always used the same brand, since that's the generic version they sell here. Best luck on your journey and hope to see you in success stories :)

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Im in the same situation as you - same age and have put it off for roughly a year as concerned with sides etc.

Last questions from me, hope thats alright. Can i ask where you source your finasteride and other products from? Im also concerned about getting 'duff' goods. Also is your plan to continue taking indefinitely or taper down in 5/10 years etc? I also dislike the idea of taking finasteride for such a long period of time. What you recommend going to a doctor first? Did you?