Wuffer's Success - Started finasteride 01/01/11

Rawtashk

Reaction score
This is my honest opinion...so you can take it or leave it :)

I don't see a whole lot of improvement in the crown. I have the same type of weak spot on my crown, and I know that a LOT of it can be helped with the way you style it. It looks more like you just made sure to feather out the hair over the thin spot in the "after" pictures. I know from personal experience that can help a hell of a lot to cover thinness.

However, it's been almost 2 years, and I don't see your thin spot getting thinner. That means, to me, that the finasteride is still a success! If you had that much of a spot 2 years ago, then we all know it would be worse off 2 years later :)

So, congrats anyways :)

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the responses and kind words, guys. I will post some body transformation pictures pretty soon here!

Yeah Rawtashk, my crown certainly isn't 100%, and I think I mentioned before that my before pictures weren't too great since my hair was longer. I am certain there has been an improvement even though the pictures might not reflect that conclusively. When I started finasteride, I was able to clearly see my bald spot just by looking in a mirror and tilting my head down. Now when I do this, it does look slightly thin, but it's a far cry from what it used to be. I think I had about 50% regrowth in my crown, but it still looks thinner than the rest of my head.

Where I sit at my computer, there is a light directly over my head so it's a bit misleading to begin with and makes my hair look a bit thinner to start with. Here is a picture with my head tilted back, which is a bit more accurate as to what my hair looks like in normal lighting conditions.

Either way, i'm just praying that I can sit on the pause button for the next few years and keep things where they are. If thinning starts up again, I might look into using some toppik.

lowlight.jpg

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
congrats on your results so far -looks like a bit of regrowth and maintaining. hopefully it lasts a while ;)

I will post some body transformation pictures pretty soon here!

did you start this around the same time as finasteride? how has the lifestyle change been like for you?

stjudemirage

Reaction score
hi wuffer! first time here., coNgrats on the success on your hair growth. just wanna ask where one can buy finasteride without prescription. (trusted web site)., and do you still experience hair loss (about 20-50 a day)? tnx

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Ant, thanks for your congrats. I started the body transformation at the same time and was doing really well until I broke my ankle in a biking accident, I gained most of the weight back. Then I started losing weight again and then broke the same ankle during a being-drunk accident. Then I lost weight again and threw my back out for a while, which is still healing. I have been able to exercise still, but not able lift really heavy weights so it's been a bit of a struggle. I'm on a clean diet and trying to lose another 5-10lbs before I take some pictures. I can't say it's been easy, but I've committed to much healthier choices in life and I am feeling way better for it.

stjudemirage, unfortunately I can't help you there. I live in Canada and purchase my prescriptions through a pharmacy. I still do lose quite a considerable amount of hair, but then again I have always 'shed' a lot. I would say I lose about 50-100 hairs per day on average, but I have never been one to count. When I put gel in my hair, my hands are covered in a LOT of hair. It's pretty scary actually, but my hair has still maintained thickness.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
trust me you do not want to stop nizoral. it's directly removing the dht from your scalp. trust me, a major player.

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny, I had lunch with an old college buddy today who is probably a NW4 and he was talking about how much it sucked to be losing his hair. I told him I've got the same problem, and he told me i'm crazy and that my hair looks exactly the same as it did when I was 22!
This is the ish right here! Congrats!!!

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
your hair looks really great, man. did you experience a shed at any point? or if not a noticeable shed, then any temporary drops in density?

glad it's working out for you. i seem to be re approaching basline really, so i've jumped on minoxidil too. shame.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply Wuffer; i like hearing about other people's experience with trying to look good and be healthy, more so with people that don't freaky genetics, which makes everything easy for them. i hope u get some good results.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here are some sexy pictures like I promised! Maybe not sexy, but at least you can see a change. The first picture was me in June 2012 after I had put on some weight (I think I was around 210lbs). The second was taken a month or so ago. I think I was around 175 or so.

Since then I really kicked the workouts into high gear. I am about 185lbs now, and most if not all the gain is muscle. When I started working out in June, my max bench was about 135. I can now hit just over 225, which is the most I have been able to bench since I was 22. I am going to do a lot of lifting the rest of the year, then heading into a cut at the start of January.

I won't say that finasteride has affected my ability to gain muscle one way or another. However, I was able to lose fat and put on muscle just as fast, if not faster, than when I was in my early 20's. Probably because i'm working out smarter now. I only work out 3 times a week for a few hours each time, I make sensible but not ridiculous food choices. I still drink beer, still eat snacks.

Anyway, i'll post my 'cut' pictures in a few months. Enjoy, and best luck to anyone who is doing the same. I tell you, it feels freaking amazing to be in such good shape again. I've literally never felt anything close to as this confident before in my life, and a lot of it is thanks to finasteride. I've always had a huge problem with talking to women at the bars and pubs, but it's now coming as second nature to me!

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair still holding out OK? :)

Hey Kirby, yep hair is the same. Actually last month I had some definite increased shedding, it was actually a little alarming. Apparently when it starts to get cold (especially for people in cold climates, like I am) shedding can increase quite significantly to make way for new, thicker hair. Not sure exactly how true this is, but it's happened to me the last couple years, and usually stops in a few months. The shedding has slowed down a lot already. Last month, I could rub my head vigorously in the morning and have like 50-100 hairs in it. I tried that this morning and I saw maybe 10-20, which would be considered normal.

How are you holding out? Hope to hear you are seeing some results. If not, have you considered trying dutasteride?

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
congrats on your bodybuilding results so far Wuffer - looking good at the moment :)

talking of seasonal sheds - do you get any other symptoms apart from increased shedding?
i used to get a really bad coughs in winter, always wonder if they might be linked in some way.

jazz1

Reaction score
Here are some sexy pictures like I promised! Maybe not sexy, but at least you can see a change. The first picture was me in June 2012 after I had put on some weight (I think I was around 210lbs). The second was taken a month or so ago. I think I was around 175 or so.

Since then I really kicked the workouts into high gear. I am about 185lbs now, and most if not all the gain is muscle. When I started working out in June, my max bench was about 135. I can now hit just over 225, which is the most I have been able to bench since I was 22. I am going to do a lot of lifting the rest of the year, then heading into a cut at the start of January.

I won't say that finasteride has affected my ability to gain muscle one way or another. However, I was able to lose fat and put on muscle just as fast, if not faster, than when I was in my early 20's. Probably because i'm working out smarter now. I only work out 3 times a week for a few hours each time, I make sensible but not ridiculous food choices. I still drink beer, still eat snacks.

Anyway, i'll post my 'cut' pictures in a few months. Enjoy, and best luck to anyone who is doing the same. I tell you, it feels freaking amazing to be in such good shape again. I've literally never felt anything close to as this confident before in my life, and a lot of it is thanks to finasteride. I've always had a huge problem with talking to women at the bars and pubs, but it's now coming as second nature to me!
Good start iv been training for 8 years greats physic ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Just FYI if you feel you have probs gaining more fat than muscle in bigger scale you may wanna try to use some estrogen blocker product. I've been lifting weights 6 years and I've been on finasteride a bit over a year. I don't feel it has affect my ability to gain muscle less or making cutting any harder. I ran some AI / estrogen blocker during last spring when I was cutting and liked it a lot and now I'm going to run one with 8 weeks when I bulk up for next 2 months. Just my 2 cents :)

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey yall. Just want to post an update that can hopefully act as some inspiration. I've not been hanging around the forums anymore and just living life to the fullest.

Quite honestly, finasteride is the reason I've regained so much confidence and why I'm grabbing life by the balls. I've gotten into wicked shape, gained confidence, I'm dating, having fun, and doing great at my job. Life is awesome. I don't owe it all to my hair, but it's a huge weight off my shoulders and I thank Merck every day of my life for making this treatment option available.

I was having some minor libido issues late last year, but I mostly attribute them to slight depression over a back injury and not being able to work out consistently. I've also cut out p**rn, and dating has also helped my libido significantly. I conclude that finasteride probably has had some minor affect on my libido, but it's difficult to measure or to say for sure. Suffice it to say, I'm very happy with my current sexual prowess and women have commented on the fact that I have better libido than even younger guys they have been with. It could all just be due to age as well, as I'm almost 32 now.

Here's a new picture I took. My hairline isn't flawless (there is more loss on the right side than on the left) but it's basically exactly the same as it was about 5 or 6 years ago, and my bald spot is still 80-90% filled in. The only time I see my bald spot is under very bright lights. Nobody has ever noticed it or mentioned it before. I would consider myself a relatively strong NW2 right now. When I started I was probably NW3.5-ish.

I still strongly recommend this treatment. Take it consistently every day and move on with your life. There isn't really anything else that's so easy and can make a huge change in your cosmetic appearance.

finasteride has also had absolutely zero impact on my ability to gain muscle. I've never felt so strong in my life, I'm lifting more at the gym than I could when I was in my early 20's and feel extremely healthy overall.

Sincerely, good luck to everyone, and I hope you all find treatments that work for you. finasteride certainly isn't for everyone, but the majority of people will benefit from it and tolerate it well. Feel free to PM me or respond if there are any questions!

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
great to hear things are going so well for you Wuffer :punk:

Any tips on losing weight and getting into shape?

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Can I ask, how old are you? Were you considered with side effects before starting finasteride? Lastly, would you do anything different (obv you got the results you were after) if you were to go back?

Congrats man.

Lukas73

Reaction score
Hey wuffer, really great progress, congrats. Btw I was wondering, do you still use quarter of the finasteride tablet (1.25mg) or are you using 1mg propecia. And do you use generic or brand name? I hope I get results like you. Thanks for the reply.