wtf man this sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Felk

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Ok, and the summary is: If your face is ugly then you are fucked, no matter whether you have got hair or not.

Well I always think the girls with nice faces tend to naturally have the best bodies, as with guys who are "classically handsome" - they just tend to be built better. So who knows, if you work on your body perhaps it will help with your face! However people with nice faces tend to have very nice skin, nice hair, nice bodies, etc. I think they're just made well, so evolution tells us "reproduce with that specimen, for the betterment of the species!"

However it's probably just because a pretty face makes any body immeasurably more appealing.

But one thing is obvious - if you are healthy, eating well, in shape, etc... your face and body will look so much more appealing to the opposite sex.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
Wezz said:
average on + side face + good body = nice chicks

i dont think you can get nice girls any other way except what others mentioned such as fame, money ...

Define "nice chicks"... Is it platinum blonde girls who only care about money, big house, nice car, swimming pool?? Im guessing thats what you mean becuase if you think guys who arnt that good looking dont get girls, just walk outside your house and look around

Where I live, average looking girls who are in shape are incredibly hard to come by given the nature of the status seeking area I live in. Also they realize they are in high demand given the very overweight nature of people.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
recboi said:
There's no such thing as love.

That could not be farther from the truth.....I live it. I hit the love lottery.

I hope you're right, but do you think anyone who gets married thinks they'll be one of the 50% that gets divorced?

Cassin

Reaction score
recboi said:
Cassin said:
recboi said:

I hope you're right, but do you think anyone who gets married thinks they'll be one of the 50% that gets divorced?

No..and thats the problem. I think most people fail to think long term when they get married. They don't realize that one day those looks will crumble and then they may be left with an older person who's beauty has left them for the most part and they have nothing in common with. Really, most people who get married never think about what things will be like just a few years down the road let alone 30.

I think the model of "modern successful marriages" will come from people who get married in their late 20's and early 30's who have many relationships under their belt and who are experienced at relationships so they can see what it takes to have a good one and they know what they want and they know what works for them.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
recboi said:
Cassin said:
recboi said:

No..and thats the problem. I think most people fail to think long term when they get married. They don't realize that one day those looks will crumble and then they may be left with an older person who's beauty has left them for the most part and they have nothing in common with. Really, most people who get married never think about what things will be like just a few years down the road let alone 30.

I think the model of "modern successful marriages" will come from people who get married in their late 20's and early 30's who have many relationships under their belt and who are experienced at relationships so they can see what it takes to have a good one and they know what they want and they know what works for them.

I'm not so sure. I've dealt with women who have had many relationships and they invariably have much baggage too. I think the more sex partners someone has had, the less capable of intimacy they are thus have little or no loyalty. I know chicks that for them, sex is like a bodily function. I've had sex with girls who didn't even want to spend the night. They just wanted to have sex, and go home and freaked out when I told them a day or two later when hanging out again that I'd miss them when I was gone (I was out of town).... Sure, it was casual by nature, but didn't have to be that casual.. Then later, she realized she missed me, but then met some guy and got engaged and he's very dominating so she's not allowed to speak to anyone anymore.. Maybe she's a bad example, was very dysfunctional..

But you'll notice that the women trying to live out sex and the city tend to be basketcases and commitmentphobes and constantly seeking to find someone better.

There's one thing that I hope most of you know about a lot of women, but not all women. They will almost NEVER leave you without having secured a replacement. I've been the victim, I've also been the next guy. They will not leave their current until they are assured they have you. That means they have to cheat in order to secure the next guy. i've heard the comparison to some kind of monkey that swings from tree limb to tree limb, it doesn't let go of the prior branch until it fully secures the next one with it's other hand.

Cassin

Reaction score
Excellent points recboi.

I think your tune will change a bit when you find the right women. I hate to throw that overused phrase at you but I feel it's right.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Excellent points recboi.

I think your tune will change a bit when you find the right women. I hate to throw that overused phrase at you but I feel it's right.

I'm kinda getting up there in the age range. I'm in my 30s now and most everyone I know is married, and I've never even really had any long term relationship before. Just several month flings pretty much.. I know my odds would improve if I left the area I live in. This is personality disorder central.. I keep tr ying to tell myself that virtually every single girl in this area would make me miserable.

wtfhair

Reaction score
thnks for the reply guys, havent noticed changes or sideffects from propecia....cept that im horny all the time now wtf. still shedding alot tho. thinking about adding in rogain foam, just hope it doesnt turn my hair texture to thin and course, been using this indian castor herbal formulae after shower ( moms indian and she has nice hair and she oils it so i thought would have the same effect). the oil does make it thicker. oh and been shampooing with nizoral 1%, where do i get the 2%? cant find it anywwhere i hear its more effective for hairloss or does the 1% work the same way? is the nano shampoo better than nizo or is revivogen the best?

s.a.f

Reaction score
recboi said:
haunted-ballroom said:
recboi said:
Taugenichts said:
I am not interested in sex, but in love. Maybe that is why I am so unhappy. I am just a hopless romantic.

There's no such thing as love. Humans are serially monogamous at best. Only in the old days did people stick together. Even you'll get tired of the same woman after a while, and with divorce laws the way they are here, women have an easy way out, and virtually all divorces are initiated by women. The divorce rate here is now over 50%, and that doesn't mean the other 50% are happy either...

if you're waiting around for love, that's about as likely to happen as those women who wait around forever for mr. perfect.

No such thing as love? Thats bull. Nobody said it had to last forever either...

then getting married is pretty risky if you mind your assets, money, etc... like i said, human nature is likely serial monogamy.

You are thinking like a woman !!
This is what all women grow up dreaming about and obsessing with... Romantic notions of finding the perfect man, the dream wedding, having a perfect marriage, kids etc (living the dream)
The fact is it does'nt happen.
Yes attraction is mainly based on sexual desire, but as Cassin said the looks will fade but shared experiences will strengthen your relationship and you will still see in that person what you saw when you first met.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
recboi said:
[quote="haunted-ballroom":32eee]
recboi said:
Taugenichts said:
I am not interested in sex, but in love. Maybe that is why I am so unhappy. I am just a hopless romantic.

There's no such thing as love. Humans are serially monogamous at best. Only in the old days did people stick together. Even you'll get tired of the same woman after a while, and with divorce laws the way they are here, women have an easy way out, and virtually all divorces are initiated by women. The divorce rate here is now over 50%, and that doesn't mean the other 50% are happy either...

if you're waiting around for love, that's about as likely to happen as those women who wait around forever for mr. perfect.

then getting married is pretty risky if you mind your assets, money, etc... like i said, human nature is likely serial monogamy.

This is what all women grow up dreaming about and obsessing with... Romantic notions of finding the perfect man, the dream wedding, having a perfect marriage, kids etc (living the dream)
Yes attraction is mainly based on sexual desire, but as Cassin said the looks will fade but shared experiences will strengthen your relationship and you will still see in that person what you saw when you first met.[/quote:32eee]

The 50% divorce rate says otherwise though. Most people in relationships are not happy with those relationships. Ask yourself, of the 50% of those who are not divorced. What percentage are separated? What % are hostile? What % are religiously opposed to divorce, and what % are actually happy? I'm betting that no more than 50% of the 50% that don't divorce are happy. Those are pretty crappy odds don't you think? And yes, looks fade, people lose their jobs, people "fall out of love", or you don't even need a reason to get divorced in many states. I know of guys whose wives cheated on them, get impregnated by some other guy, and not only had to pay child support, but she filed for divorce, and the guy gets totally clobbered in the divorce settlement, and of course doesn't get custody of the kids he fathered... Eventually you can prove you aren't the father, but in some states the presumption that children born inside of marriages are products of the relationship is irrebutable, but that will change..

of course I don't believe in the concept of romantic love. the absolute lack of loyalty these days makes me think nobody else believes in it either!

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
recboi said:
s.a.f said:
recboi said:
[quote="haunted-ballroom":8cb45]
recboi said:
Taugenichts said:

Yes attraction is mainly based on sexual desire, but as Cassin said the looks will fade but shared experiences will strengthen your relationship and you will still see in that person what you saw when you first met.

The 50% divorce rate says otherwise though. Most people in relationships are not happy with those relationships. Ask yourself, of the 50% of those who are not divorced. What percentage are separated? What % are hostile? What % are religiously opposed to divorce, and what % are actually happy? I'm betting that no more than 50% of the 50% that don't divorce are happy. Those are pretty crappy odds don't you think? And yes, looks fade, people lose their jobs, people "fall out of love", or you don't even need a reason to get divorced in many states. I know of guys whose wives cheated on them, get impregnated by some other guy, and not only had to pay child support, but she filed for divorce, and the guy gets totally clobbered in the divorce settlement, and of course doesn't get custody of the kids he fathered... Eventually you can prove you aren't the father, but in some states the presumption that children born inside of marriages are products of the relationship is irrebutable, but that will change..

of course I don't believe in the concept of romantic love. the absolute lack of loyalty these days makes me think nobody else believes in it either![/quote:8cb45]

Those statistics are not much to go on here. So many people get married for the wrong reasons, pregnancy, security, thinking its a better option than "dying alone", people getting married too young, arranged marriages. If you ask some of the older generation, alot of them will say the reason they got married was simply to start a family, have their own house/car etc. Some people even think that this is the reason for living!, to start a family and settle down, regardless of whether they love someone or not.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
recboi said:
[quote="s.a.f":05ad7]
recboi said:
[quote="haunted-ballroom":05ad7]
recboi said:
Taugenichts said:

of course I don't believe in the concept of romantic love. the absolute lack of loyalty these days makes me think nobody else believes in it either![/quote:05ad7]

Those statistics are not much to go on here. So many people get married for the wrong reasons, pregnancy, security, thinking its a better option than "dying alone", people getting married too young, arranged marriages. If you ask some of the older generation, alot of them will say the reason they got married was simply to start a family, have their own house/car etc. Some people even think that this is the reason for living!, to start a family and settle down, regardless of whether they love someone or not.[/quote:05ad7]

People are very different than they used to be. Back until the 1950s, in the US at least, people mostly were virgins until they got married. They got married early, there wasn't the divorce rate. Maybe they weren't necessarily happy, but people understood their wedding vows more and there was a greater sense of loyalty. In this day, I know guys who got divorced because of only the prospect they might lose their job. I know a guy who paid for his wife's education, and she consulted a lawyer and he recommended she stop short of graduating, so the degree she got wouldn't become marital property. So despite having an education, which her husband did not, and he paid for her education by working, she divorced his *** and the settlement was based off her current income, so he still has to support her even though she makes much more money than he does now..

Loyalty no longer exists because everyone feels so damned entitled to perfection. If something better comes a long, they take it.

The Gardener

Reaction score
recboi said:
People are very different than they used to be. Back until the 1950s, in the US at least, people mostly were virgins until they got married.
I don't agree with that quote at all.

But, the rest of your posting makes a good point.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
recboi said:
I know a guy who paid for his wife's education, and she consulted a lawyer and he recommended she stop short of graduating, so the degree she got wouldn't become marital property. So despite having an education, which her husband did not, and he paid for her education by working, she divorced his *** and the settlement was based off her current income, so he still has to support her even though she makes much more money than he does now.

I'm always curious about other people's relationships - do you think that couple had any genuine loving moments, I mean, did they share any kind of beauty or intimacy. Was there ever a moment when they would have died for each other, or doesn't that kind of love exist anymore? If it ever did.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tchehov said:
recboi said:
I know a guy who paid for his wife's education, and she consulted a lawyer and he recommended she stop short of graduating, so the degree she got wouldn't become marital property. So despite having an education, which her husband did not, and he paid for her education by working, she divorced his *** and the settlement was based off her current income, so he still has to support her even though she makes much more money than he does now.

I'm always curious about other people's relationships - do you think that couple had any genuine loving moments, I mean, did they share any kind of beauty or intimacy. Was there ever a moment when they would have died for each other, or doesn't that kind of love exist anymore? If it ever did.

Never. They got married after high school because he got her pregnant. He did the honorable thing, and she totally screwed him over.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
recboi said:
People are very different than they used to be. Back until the 1950s, in the US at least, people mostly were virgins until they got married.
I don't agree with that quote at all.

But, the rest of your posting makes a good point.

I'm gonna ask my friend for the title of some book that did studies on what people were like up until the 1960s. He told me that while there were some "sl*ts" (ie back then it was considered premarital sex) they were considered outcasts and were quite rare. The FB/FWB relationships that are commonplace were unheard of. People were very different.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bad news about marriage guys - from the BBC

Security 'bad news for sex drive'

Differences in sexual appetite may be driven by evolution
A woman's sex drive begins to plummet once she is in a secure relationship, according to research.
Researchers from Germany found that four years into a relationship, less than half of 30-year-old women wanted regular sex.

Conversely, the team found a man's libido remained the same regardless of how long he had been in a relationship.

Writing in the journal Human Nature, the scientists said the differences resulted from how humans had evolved.

For men, a good reason their sexual motivation to remain constant would be to guard against being cuckolded by another male

Dr Dietrich Klusmann

The researchers from Hamburg-Eppendorf University Hospital interviewed 530 men and women about their relationships.

They found 60% of 30-year-old women wanted sex "often" at the beginning of a relationship, but within four years of the relationship this figure fell to under 50%, and after 20 years it dropped to about 20%.

In contrast, they found the proportion of men wanting regular sex remained at between 60-80%, regardless of how long they had been in a relationship.

Tenderness

The study also revealed tenderness was important for women in a relationship.

About 90% of women wanted tenderness, regardless of how long they had been in a relationship, but only 25% of men who had been in a relationship for 10 years said they were still seeking tenderness from their partner.

Dr Dietrich Klusmann, lead author of the study and a psychologist from Hamburg-Eppendorf University Hospital, believed the differences were down to human evolution.

He said: "For men, a good reason their sexual motivation to remain constant would be to guard against being cuckolded by another male."

But women, he said, have evolved to have a high sex drive when they are initially in a relationship in order to form a "pair bond" with their partner.

But, once this bond is sealed a woman's sexual appetite declines, he added.

He said animal behaviour studies suggest this could be because females may be diverting their sexual interest towards other men, in order to secure the best combinations of genetic material for their offspring.

Or, he said, this could be because limiting sex may boost their partner's interest in it.

Professor George Fieldman, an evolutionary psychologist from Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College, said: "These findings seem to fit in with anecdotal studies and his explanations seem plausible.

"The rational for why a woman's sex drive declines may be down to supply and demand. If something is in infinite supply, the perceived value would drop."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4790313.stm

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
Just tell the girl you are going to leave her if she doesbnt put out

she'll get back on the oarty horse in no time

And guys, its not about hair or muscles, its about self esteem, confidence, and good hygene that attracts women

dont sell yourselves short because you lost hair

[/code]

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dblbass128 said:

And guys, its not about hair or muscles, its about self esteem, confidence, and good hygene that attracts women

[/code]

unfortunately, men get their confidence by getting women. So you cannot get women unless you have or can fake confidence. The guys who have the hairloss issues don't have the confidence to get women, so they are doomed to failure. It's a catch 22 until they learn to fake being confident. In reality what confidence is is the courage to approach a woman and risk rejection, and the key to actually being confident is to not care if you get rejected, because a confident guy realizes there are many other women and any particular rejection isn't a big deal because he knows he'll get other women. The problem is that unconfident guys know there aren't any other women, as he's probably failed his entire life with women. This is why it's virtually impossible to just "become confident". You need success with women to gain confidence, and women aren't willing to give a guy without confidence a chance.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
recboi said:
Dblbass128 said:

[/code]

unfortunately, men get their confidence by getting women. So you cannot get women unless you have or can fake confidence. The guys who have the hairloss issues don't have the confidence to get women, so they are doomed to failure. It's a catch 22 until they learn to fake being confident. In reality what confidence is is the courage to approach a woman and risk rejection, and the key to actually being confident is to not care if you get rejected, because a confident guy realizes there are many other women and any particular rejection isn't a big deal because he knows he'll get other women. The problem is that unconfident guys know there aren't any other women, as he's probably failed his entire life with women. This is why it's virtually impossible to just "become confident". You need success with women to gain confidence, and women aren't willing to give a guy without confidence a chance.

You can gain confidence from other things in life. Its not all about sex and hair lol