wow hairloss really impact's peoples appearence

Boondock

Reaction score
William got hit pretty hard, to be fair.

I used to be with Hoppi on this one, but I'm starting to get the impression that hair systems are massive hassle. I'll have to see how well I can run with the bald look first.

WhatYouEgg

Established Member
Reaction score
it's a better picture of graeme. it's missing something. maybe it is the hair. he's certainly more attractive with hair, but it's not like he's hideous without it. he went from a bit above average to just average.

some attitude + tats might help him out a bit, if that's his thing.

s.a.f

Reaction score
WhatYouEgg said:
he's certainly more attractive with hair, but it's not like he's hideous without it. he went from a bit above average to just average.

But thats the case for everybody here probably, but when its YOU thats being affected dropping from average to just below or even above average to average, is not a small deal.
In some cases guys can go from looking 5 yrs younger than their real age to 10 yrs older!
If it means having more confidence or getting a better looking woman ect
I know that I would pay big money just to move up in attractiveness by even 5%.
Its not only hair, I'm sure plenty of NW1's would be devastated if something happend to their looks to drop them down a few points on the scale.

And yeah look at Wills with hair he'd still be getting described as 'the handsome prince' like he was 5 yrs ago.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, King's example didn't really cut the mustard IMO with just how much hairloss can take away from your looks. Sure some are handsome enough before they lost their hair and are fortunate enough to have good facial/head features otherwise to pull off the bald look but to be fair (and more importantly, realistic) that is only a small minority. Folks with no experience with severe hairloss have a certain objective distance from the issue which makes it easy for them to rationalize that it can't be all that bad or that they won't let it affect them. The truth is that when it happens to YOU and is a persistant reality that you can't just wake up from like some nightmare, then people usually begin to panic and have to re-evaluate how their whole self perception is hopelessly tied into their appearance.
Hoppi said:
I couldn't live without long hair, I wouldn't be Hoppi
Case in point.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With the exception of Prince William, not a single one posted so far has made me think 'sh*t'.

Most of them look pretty cool too in the after shot, or never looked great to begin with.

bezerra

Established Member
Reaction score
The problem of Prince Willians is that he still uses the same hair style, even though his hair isn't the same. He should shave it asap.

Boondock

Reaction score
I can't say for sure, but I expect William feels pressured not to shave. Shaving is certainly 'in' among the London fashion scene, but among the old upper class it really isn't. It's still considered "a little bit thuggish, you know ". Something the plebs do. I don't think William would bring himself to do it, although if he did, I'd have a lot of respect for his decision. The guy must have a thick skin just to put up with the continuous Daily Mail attacks on his recession.

Electron17

Reaction score
730264.jpg

baldlennon.jpg

Larf.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lennon wasn't losing his hair by any stretch of the imagination. He always had a very high hairline and a big forehead.

I'd kill for the hair that all of the Beatles sported during the Beatlemania period though. Impossibly thick, all four of them.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
Lennon wasn't losing his hair by any stretch of the imagination. He always had a very high hairline and a big forehead.

Funny thing is if someone came here with the same high hairline/forehead a lot of people would be telling him he needs to get on treatments asap.

Nene

Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
Thickandthin said:

Funny thing is if someone came here with the same high hairline/forehead a lot of people would be telling him he needs to get on treatments asap.

And if John Lennon came on here and showed me a pic with that huge forehead I'd also tell him to consider treatments.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
And if John Lennon came on here and showed me a pic with that huge forehead I'd also tell him to consider treatments.
Why?

s.a.f

Reaction score

Nene

Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
Nene said:
Why?

Well, if he was a young guy, with a massive forehead, it could mean hair loss. It could just be the Norwood A category instead of the regular Norwood scale. It doesn't look like aggressive hair loss but if he wanted my advice, I would ask for his age and family history, and based off that I would suggest he try meds or at the very least keep a close watch on it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
[attachment=1:33np0uii]jean-marc-barr.jpg[/attachment:33np0uii]

[attachment=0:33np0uii]2000_0517_Jean-Marc_Barr_1277-4-5.jpg[/attachment:33np0uii]

Attachments

• jean-marc-barr.jpg
    jean-marc-barr.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,228
  • 2000_0517_Jean-Marc_Barr_1277-4-5.jpg
    2000_0517_Jean-Marc_Barr_1277-4-5.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 231

s.a.f

Reaction score
But still better with hair. He was a hearthrob before he lost it.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Still good looking, not as good though, as in a 'pin up' kind of way.

But I honestly don't think it would stop him getting laid with the same kind of women as before.