Would Your Life Have Been Worth It If You Were To Die Tomorrow?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
As a companion to @IdealForehead threads...if you were to die tomorrow, have you collected enough good moments in life to say, "yeah, my life experience was worth it"?

(Please correct any grammatical errors in the title).

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My more significant contributions to this world thus far (not in order):

- Solved some actual problems in astrophysics, not super-important problems though;
- Contributed to the first few years of upbringing of my nephew and niece;
- Some positive memories and interactions with several friends;
- Helped several people's health (family, friends, etc) by introducing them to intermittent fasting. My cousin recently emailed me to let me know that it's cured her digestive problems and improved her skin.
- Helped with my dad's end of life care.

Admittedly, difficult to say if this was worth it.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My more significant contributions to this world thus far (not in order):

- Solved some actual problems in astrophysics, not super-important problems though;
- Contributed to the first few years of upbringing of my nephew and niece;
- Some positive memories and interactions with several friends;
- Helped several people's health (family, friends, etc) by introducing them to intermittent fasting. My cousin recently emailed me to let me know that it's cured her digestive problems and improved her skin.
- Helped with my dad's end of life care.

Admittedly, difficult to say if this was worth it.
its bad that i want to contribute to this world in a huge way only for narcissistic purposes lol.

i'd take being a hugely important inventor, like for cold fusion or matrix VR or heart disease cure as an alternative for hair and good looks, imagine the ego high you would have being considered not only superior, but a hero on top of it

superhero theory is legit

as for OP: N O

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As a companion to @IdealForehead threads...if you were to die tomorrow, have you collected enough good moments in life to say, "yeah, my life experience was worth it"?

(Please correct any grammatical errors in the title).

I have collected enough good memories yes, but it still wouldn't be worth it because I would die knowing that I never conquer my biggest fear, losing my hair.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
No.

I think life has no intrinsic value. It just is. You live. You die. It is objectively meaningless.

I didn't ask whether it was meaningful, I wanted to ask whether you had had enough joyful moments to outweigh the struggles.

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Answering OP's question, hell no.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
its bad that i want to contribute to this world in a huge way only for narcissistic purposes lol.

i'd take being a hugely important inventor, like for cold fusion or matrix VR or heart disease cure as an alternative for hair and good looks, imagine the ego high you would have being considered not only superior, but a hero on top of it

superhero theory is legit

as for OP: N O
lolz i was being scarcastic here . the proof is in the pudding : if you guys REALLY had it as bad you say, then you would have offed yourself by now. the suffering would have overcome the fear of death and nonexistence. but if you havent, than that shows you still prefer to be alive.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lolz i was being scarcastic here . the proof is in the pudding : if you guys REALLY had it as bad you say, then you would have offed yourself by now. the suffering would have overcome the fear of death and nonexistence. but if you havent, than that shows you still prefer to be alive.

Feeling physical pain is a real reminder of our need for life, when you're in pain and you want it to stop, it's like "wow, this is real". It's really important in those moments, however minor the pain, that you want it to stop because it reminds you of your mortality and one day you will truly suffer to the point you will be no more.

For 99% of people this is, or should be, a realisation they don't want it to end, that it's the ultimate decision and there's nothing to even compare it to afterwards as suddenly it won't even be a decision to you, it won't be anything as nothing will even be.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

It's more about the path of least resistance, and there are complicating factors. For example, it requires an active choice not to live, and that active choice can have massively negative repercussions for other people in your life. But if you got randomly hit by a bus tomorrow that's completely different.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's more about the path of least resistance, and there are complicating factors. For example, it requires an active choice not to live, and that active choice can have massively negative repercussions for other people in your life. But if you got randomly hit by a bus tomorrow that's completely different.
yea but suicide involves the pain of living overcoming the pain/fear of nonexistence and death. i know 1 person who committed suicide successfully (they were raped as a kid) and another who attempted many times (both physically abused and raped as a child).

we dont have it as bad as them 2 i think, considering we havent tried suicide or did it.

for them it was least resistance to die i'd say.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
HNGGGGGGGGGG deez likes giving me dat dere validation ego boner . reason to live right there boyos. gonna walk with a strut in my step :cool:

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

That wasn't the question, note the clause "If you were to die tomorrow".
Many people want to be alive even though they have shitty lives due to the belief it will get better.

My specific question was what if you had no future, would the past have been worth it, or would you strangle your unborn self Butterfly Effect style.