Would you rather be given a cancer diagnosis or male pattern baldness diagnosis?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pls_NW-1, I can now confirm that @Descending Dog is not Gunnersup. He legitimately is a person who has early hair loss and is not pretending to be anyone else.
Yeah I know, I remember him posting back then about 5ARis effects on body hair. It was indeed funny how you've wanted to 'expose' him haha :').

Sorry @Descending Dog, if I was kinda mean, didn't meant it that way! :)

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you OP, i'd rather have cancer as well. Everyone have disagreed with you, but let's think about this logically

Social Impact :

- As a young bald guy who doesn't carry the look well, you get treated like a piece of subhuman sh*t. You will never be taken seriously, you will always be considered a joke, no one will even care about your problems. It's just a complete social death sentence for everyone barring only few exceptions

- As a cancer patient, you get treated like a saint or a hero by everyone. Everyone sympathize with you, and they make sure not to hurt you in anyway. You gain respect as you're seen as a noble soul battling a tough war, unlike a bald piece of sh*t clown who is looked at with disgust and contempt like a freak. And after you finally beat the cancer, you will get respected and admired even more

Romantic Impact :

- It's completely over for 90% of young bald males. Don't even think about it since it's never gonna happen even in your wildest dreams. You were born to be unloved and treated like sh*t, It's your destiny as a young bald f***

- A cancer sufferer can still meet women and get relationships if he's not in a one already, and his girlfriend usually even more attached to him due to her admiring him battling a tough situation, and also due to his socially elevated status because of having cancer. She won't even consider dumping him due to the fear of being seen as a b**ch and judged by everyone she knows

Self Image and esteem :

- Young bald men usually have some of the lowest levels of self-esteem ever, only manlets can compete

- There's absolutely no reason for a cancer patient to have low self-esteem. Especially not when they're showered with validation and support daily by everyone for having cancer

Death :

- A young bald guy is already dead except his body is left alive to suffer. Death isn't worse IMO than looking like a revolting sewers rat

- If you live and beat cancer your life will get marginally better as a cancer survivor, and if you die the pain stops. A win/win situation

If you disagree with all of this, then you're not thinking logically and you're just being emotional. Cancer is bad but pales in comparison to baldness. People need to pay more attention to young men getting disfigured by this curse instead of wallowing endlessly over some 50 yo f*** going to their grave 20 years earlier than expected even though they already had a great life while a young bald guy was suffering endlessly from his teen years

Last edited:

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you OP, i'd rather have cancer as well. Many people have disagreed with you, but let's think about this logically

Social Impact :

-As an average young bald guy who doesn't carry the look well you get treated like a piece of subhuman sh*t. You will never be taken seriously, you will be treated as a joke, no one will even care about your problems and if someone does they're just gonna pity you and give you bullshit advice to make you feel better. It's just a complete social death sentence with few exceptions

-As a cancer patient you get treated like a saint or a hero by everyone. Everyone sympathizes with you and they make sure not to hurt you in anyway and you gain respect as someone battling a tough situation. You will simply be treated as good as you can get treated and even after you beat it you will keep the respect for a long time

Romantic Impact :

-A young bald guy is unattractive plain and simple, yeah there're are some exceptions, but we can all agree that once you go bald young without anything to make up for it you're basically fucked in the women's department especially in this day and age

-A cancer sufferer can still meet women and get relationships if he's not in a one already and his partner might get even more attracted to him due to his elevated status and she will very rarely leave him just to not be seen as an a**h** by everyone. You can have romantic relationships easily as a cancer sufferer unlike a young bald guy

Self Image and esteem :

-We're all balding or bald and we know how that affects self image and esteem so there's no need to dive more into that since we already know they get both get destroyed

-As a cancer sufferer you will probably either maintain your self image and esteem or have them increased due to the amount of validation and support you receive daily for your situation

Death :

-A young bald guy is already dead except his body is alive and i'm sure most young bald guys think about death and suicide every once in a while if not often and death is a better fate than looking like a circus freak

-If you live and beat cancer your life will get marginally better and if you die the pain stops and both cases are still a hundred times better than being a bald young guy

If you disagree with all of that you're not thinking logically and you're just being emotional. Cancer is overrated and people need to pay more attention to young men getting disfigured by this curse instead
I think this is completely tone deaf. You've never gone through chemotherapy and how agonizing it can be. I'd take hair loss over cancer any day. If I fail fighting hair loss then I'll just wear hats.

If you lose your hair yeah it sucks but life goes on. Yeah dating is harder but there are women out there who don't care about balding and want a guy who is fun to be around. I know a few bald and not conventionally attractive guys who have girlfriends. Ok, so you won't attract 9/10 women in their early 20s, but those women suck to be around anyway because they are high maintenance.

But to compare this to cancer and fighting for your life and possibly dying is just dumb.

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this is completely tone deaf. You've never gone through chemotherapy and how agonizing it can be. I'd take hair loss over cancer any day. If I fail fighting hair loss then I'll just wear hats.

If you lose your hair yeah it sucks but life goes on. Yeah dating is harder but there are women out there who don't care about balding and want a guy who is fun to be around. I know a few bald and not conventionally attractive guys who have girlfriends. Ok, so you won't attract 9/10 women in their early 20s, but those women suck to be around anyway because they are high maintenance.

But to compare this to cancer and fighting for your life and possibly dying is just dumb.
there's no physical pain except maybe burning alive or having your limbs cut off that would overcome the emotional and mental pain of baldness

About the dating life and all of that, i can simply say that no women ever likes baldness. My own sister flat-out told me that it's horrifying and disgusting, and i'm her brother. Imagine how a woman with endless options would feel about a young bald guy who looks like a circus freak?

Also death is better than being bald except in rare cases, so i don't mind death and i would be actually glad for it seeing that i'm going to suicide in the near future anyway

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
there's no physical pain except maybe burning alive or having your limbs cut off that would overcome the emotional and mental pain of baldness

About the dating life and all of that, i can simply say that no women ever likes baldness. My own sister flat-out told me that it's horrifying and disgusting, and i'm her brother. Imagine how a woman with endless options would feel about a young bald guy who looks like a circus freak?

Also death is better than being bald except in rare cases, so i don't mind death and i would be actually glad for it seeing that i'm going to suicide in the near future anyway
Stop basing everything on online dating. It is complete trash compared to real life. Your sister is 1 woman out of 3.5 billion.

So you'd rather die and have no chance to make a life for yourself over being bald and having a chance? At least try self improvement first. If you max your stats and still can't get a girlfriend then at that point I could understand your depression, but most guys who are bald don't do this.

jd_uk

Reaction score

Get help.

jd_uk

Reaction score
There's no help
There are bald men living happy and normal lives all over the world. I'm not saying hair loss isn't painful, for many it very much is, but if you're feeling suicidal then it is time for therapy and a change to your thinking. I hope you find that help.

Last edited:

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are bald men living happy and normal lives all over the world. I'm not saying gair loss isn't painful, for many it very much is, but if you're feeling suicidal then it is time for therapy and a change to your thinking. I hope you find that help.
Exceptions don't disprove the rule. Like most people i look f*****g ridiculous bald and i have no reedming qualities to make up for it, there's no point living a lonely life like a freak and suffering endlessly when you can just end it all

jd_uk

Reaction score
Exceptions don't disprove the rule. Like most people i look f*****g ridiculous bald and i have no reedming qualities to make up for it, there's no point living a lonely life like a freak and suffering endlessly when you can just end it all
As I say, i truly hope you do get help with it. Most of us have been through some pretty dark times but get to experience great things in future too.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't have redeeming qualities then go get redeeming qualities. Go work out, get a nice job, grow a social circle. At least try that first.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you OP, i'd rather have cancer as well. Many people have disagreed with you, but let's think about this logically

Social Impact :

-As an average young bald guy who doesn't carry the look well you get treated like a piece of subhuman sh*t. You will never be taken seriously, you will be treated as a joke, no one will even care about your problems and if someone does they're just gonna pity you and give you bullshit advice to make you feel better. It's just a complete social death sentence with few exceptions

-As a cancer patient you get treated like a saint or a hero by everyone. Everyone sympathizes with you and they make sure not to hurt you in anyway and you gain respect as someone battling a tough situation. You will simply be treated as good as you can get treated and even after you beat it you will keep the respect for a long time

Romantic Impact :

-A young bald guy is unattractive plain and simple, yeah there're are some exceptions, but we can all agree that once you go bald young without anything to make up for it you're basically fucked in the women's department especially in this day and age

-A cancer sufferer can still meet women and get relationships if he's not in a one already and his partner might get even more attracted to him due to his elevated status and she will very rarely leave him just to not be seen as an a**h** by everyone. You can have romantic relationships easily as a cancer sufferer unlike a young bald guy

Self Image and esteem :

-We're all balding or bald and we know how that affects self image and esteem so there's no need to dive more into that since we already know they get both get destroyed

-As a cancer sufferer you will probably either maintain your self image and esteem or have them increased due to the amount of validation and support you receive daily for your situation

Death :

-A young bald guy is already dead except his body is alive and i'm sure most young bald guys think about death and suicide every once in a while if not often and death is a better fate than looking like a circus freak

-If you live and beat cancer your life will get marginally better and if you die the pain stops and both cases are still a hundred times better than being a bald young guy

If you disagree with all of that you're not thinking logically and you're just being emotional. Cancer is overrated and people need to pay more attention to young men getting disfigured by this curse instead
You're insane, male pattern baldness is nothing compared to cancer. You clearly have never know anyone that has had cancer..

Last edited:

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had an ultrasound for testicular cancer done on Friday. The ultrasound took 20 mins which seemed very long. I was freaking out over "what if they found something and are taking more photos". For 2 days I was paranoid over the possibility of cancer. I just got my results. Negative. Super relieved.

Cancer is no joke. Even if you think you are at risk of having cancer it causes severe anxiety that hair loss doesn't give.

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
True, he literally can use VPN n' stuff and come back. Oof...

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score

Stop basing everything on online dating. It is complete trash compared to real life. Your sister is 1 woman out of 3.5 billion.

So you'd rather die and have no chance to make a life for yourself over being bald and having a chance? At least try self improvement first. If you max your stats and still can't get a girlfriend then at that point I could understand your depression, but most guys who are bald don't do this.
lol you were bluepilled as f*** few months ago, but ig you eventually swallowed the blackpill due to being on here a lot

Anyway, baldness is still worse than cancer