Would you date?

Would you date?

• Never - that is below me.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Probably not, unless she was perfect in every other way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on the person.

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Probably yes, although the thought might make me uncomfortable.

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Definitely would, no problem.

Votes: 25 55.6%

• Total voters

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can get an idea though, like a gut feeling. They aren't always promiscuous and sometimes seem adventurous and having "spunk." But yeah if you're beta or not a guy that aggressively flirts they seem to zero in on you. The ones worth having though aren't going to want you unless you're mature and have it together.

Last night I met my friend's new girlfriend and she was nice and I thought she was cool but I did get that gut feeling, like there was the "crazy eyes" like on Seinfeld to her. Sure enough after she left he relayed some problems and my suspicions were confirmed.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Lot's of pop stars wear wigs all the time, nobody judges Lady Gaga for wearing a wig. Cosplayers get mad attention when they put on their crazy wigs! Of course there are other factors, but wearing a wig is definitely not even close to being an important factor in who I choose to date. Now if I'm being honest, I don't find a bald head attractive in a woman, but a bald head with a wig on can be, incredibly sexy. I do agree with the guy who said he wouldn't want to pass on the genes to a kid though. A man and a woman with androgenic allopecia, and the kid is screwed.

To be honest with you I think I would never have a kid because of this. May sound vain to some, but honestly I feel like it's better to protect them from this hell than to be selfish and have what I want. Sure, I'd love to have a family but I would not wish what I am going through on my worst enemy so... Especially if it was a daughter. Unless there is some kind of cure available when they are grown up. It's good to see that quite a few guys on here would see past the fake hair, though... But I totally respect your opinion on not wanting to breed with a girl with Androgenetic Alopecia because I feel the same way!

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not just the girl though, it's me too. My hair is thinning and it's hell... I'm starting finasteride and miox, and even if it works (I pray it does), i'm still on pills and medication for life. I don't want to pass on my genes either. If I was to date a woman with allopecia, then the kid wouldn't have a chance... I'd rather not inflict of my own genetic deficiencies on future generations. Of course, as you say, there may be a cure in the not too distant future, or hair cloning surgery may become a reality, negating this condition... But still, that would be an expense and trouble that doesn't need to be propogated in the gene pool.

Think about it though, thanks to glasses, there is no natural selection against poor eyesight... In a few thousand years we'll all be blind!

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
Girls with shaved heads turn me on.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Girls with shaved heads turn me on.

As long as they shave by choice, right. A girl with a horseshoe and no evidence of a hairline may not pass?

We've seen this play out on the opposite foot.

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
As long as they shave by choice, right. A girl with a horseshoe and no evidence of a hairline may not pass?

We've seen this play out on the opposite foot.

There is a girl at work, who is not bald by choice, and she looks hot that way. She won't give me the time of day though.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Then you are just as much of a rarity as the bald girl you fawn over. That is why I was not surprised by DWI when she admitted that she would choose the guy with hair, given everything else equal. Many women won't even consider you if you are bald. I just have to embrace my ugliness and live despite it and get used to people hating on me.

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
To be honest with you I think I would never have a kid because of this. May sound vain to some, but honestly I feel like it's better to protect them from this hell than to be selfish and have what I want. Sure, I'd love to have a family but I would not wish what I am going through on my worst enemy so... Especially if it was a daughter. Unless there is some kind of cure available when they are grown up. It's good to see that quite a few guys on here would see past the fake hair, though... But I totally respect your opinion on not wanting to breed with a girl with Androgenetic Alopecia because I feel the same way!
just because your having a hair loss problem doesn't mean any kids you might have will have the same problem. trust me sweetie your going to meet a nice guy some day who will make you forget about your hair loss problem & have a nice family. hang in there.

W_James

Reaction score
A while back I approached a woman with a severe case of female pattern baldness. Her face was far worse than the woman in that video, but she rejected me within less than a minute. Looks like most guys here would date the woman in the video going by the results of the poll. The problem is so would some NW1 guys.

verysad

Reaction score
Well sorry I just think it's a good humbling experience for you and I don't think any sympathy should be given considering the way you stormed us here. But I guess this is what happens when something happens to a woman that had everything handed to her on a silver platter before, something goes wrong - blame men. I am sure that with all the attention you got before you would never bother dating a guy with a flaw as significant as yours. Hell you would even give a young visibly balding guy the time of day. Funnily enough you wouldn't see anything wrong with that, you would feel entitled to "have standards" and yes you would think of those men as "below you".

You are still better of than most guys here because of the fact that no stigma is attached to treating hairloss in women and wearing hair replacement. You just have to get over the wig stigma in yourself.

there is no stigma to men wearing wigs too. in fact it is harder for a woman compared to a man when it comes to balding. because it is common to see bald men but how many times have you seen a woman who is bald and women are judged by their appearance so it is harder

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! I'm a woman suffering androgenic alopecia (some of you might know from my posts the last few days).
My hair looks OK at the moment but is rapidly getting worse.
I'm trying to treat it but if it fails I will be opting for a hair replacement system.
My question is;
would you date a woman that has hair loss and will have to rely on supplement hair for the rest of her life,
if she otherwise cute/pretty, takes care of herself/fit, has a good personality etc?
A hair system would not come off during sex etc. But even if it looks realistic and doesn't come off in front of you,
would the THOUGHT of her being bald underneath turn you off?
PLEASE BE COMPLETELY HONEST. I don't want pity, just an honest answer from normal guys.
Most girls will date a balding guy if he otherwise has things going for him, like fit body, good style, and of course personality.
But for girls the standards are too high and it seems like most men want their perfect 10's.
Well not all of us are that lucky.
I'm attractive except for my hair, and would say I am a very good person with a good sense of humour (although some has been lost during hair loss but I'm working on getting myself back to the person I was...)

I'm adding a link here to show you what I think about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THfY0IRAeeE

Looks good to me? But I'm not a guy - obviously.
Again I would appreciate total honesty, don't need any pity or sugar coating.

I would
Girls can wear wigs without ridicule unlike a man, plus its like a diff woman every night!
If you have a nice body and decent face, its all I care about. Ive even been known to look past bitchiness for those two features alone!!!!!

Absolutely. Lot's of pop stars wear wigs all the time, nobody judges Lady Gaga for wearing a wig. Cosplayers get mad attention when they put on their crazy wigs! Of course there are other factors, but wearing a wig is definitely not even close to being an important factor in who I choose to date. Now if I'm being honest, I don't find a bald head attractive in a woman, but a bald head with a wig on can be, incredibly sexy. I do agree with the guy who said he wouldn't want to pass on the genes to a kid though. A man and a woman with androgenic allopecia, and the kid is screwed.

This is a good point and I know I will catch sh*t for it but I think one of the HOTTEST chicks alive is Niki Manaj and she is nothing but fake all over, hair an all.... man the things I would do to her!!!!!!!!!!!!