Would You Date A Woman Who Wears A Wig?

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
penicilin was invented by accident as I recall and lol at comparing penicilin which is vital for humanity and baldness - infinite source of jokes and mocking

car and plane aren't a space technologies... it is simple mechanism

come on, there are a no-pilot multi-use space program by Elon Musk, virtual reality, powerfull smartphones but still most rich people doing combover or wear a horseshoe

even a young generation of people who work ON THE EDGE of technologies which will be invented not today BUT tomorrow - Elon Musk (did a hair transplant and on finasteride 100%), Steve Jobs (wore a horseshoe before death), Steve Ballmer (typical bald office worked), Pavel Durov (made a vk.com and Telegramm, wears a HAIR SYSTEM in 2016) – every of them are suffering hairloss and CAN'T DO ANYTHING besides finasteride, hair system and hair transplant

baldness will NOT be cure in this century for sure

Come on now, Steve Jobs had great hair in his 20s en even at 30 (see pic) his hair was GREAT. Late 30s is when he started to lose it, Nothing unusual. Very, very fortunate guy in terms of hair. I did not have that kind of hair at 21!!!

Jobsplayboyinterview1985.jpg

Pavel Durov, for real? So in that picture he is wearing a piece? It actually looks great, I am not going to wear one, but it looks awesome on him.

CEO-Pavel-Durov.jpg

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too! I never show or talk about my rage to anyone, but I remember specifically one incident where I'd had too much to drink and for some reason spilled all to my "friends" (they're not my friends anymore). I didn't hold back and told them my hair loss makes me so angry I want to kill someone or myself. Needless to say, these people didn't talk to me ever again.

Lemme guess: they all said you're being negative?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Lemme guess: they all said you're being negative?

It sounds like they're reaction is bigger than that. But the truth is that EvilLocks is just upset like the rest of us.
If her former friends knew how the rest of us feel about our hair loss they would have the same attitudes towards us as they do towards EvilLocks.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Ah well, the workday is done. Thanks for letting me blow off steam here at lovely downtown HAIRLOSSTALK. Have a nice night everyone.

Mellie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Mellie, I feel your pain... I'm a woman dealing with hair loss as well, and I absolutely hate it. I fought it with minoxidil and even spironolactone for a long time, but it didn't work... My hair loss is moderate to advanced now, but I'm wearing extensions to hide it. Like you I'm also worried what men will think about me eventually wearing a topper/wig. Can I ask you how old you are btw? (I'm 23, turning 24). Anyway, keep fighting your hair loss with treatments. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones that are successful with them, and like you said you're in the early stages which is good. There's more chance of treatment working if you do it in the early stages...

I'm 37 so not so young but not old by any means either. I actually look pretty youthful. I have a lot of empathy for women in their 20s who are dealing with hair loss. I'm thankful to have had 36 years of good hair but still it doesn't remove the trauma. I literally just started Rogaine and so far I hate it! And not sure I would go down the spironolactone route but I'll make that decision in 6 months.
How do you make the extensions hide the top of your head? I have diffuse hair loss but it's getting more visible in the part and crown. I don't think extensions would work with me for that reason and also because I'm still shedding way too much.

Mellie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a 22 year old male and wouldn't care at all if the girl I was dating was wearing a wig. As long as the wig is a very good wig. You can buy wigs these days that are almost impossible to tell that they are not real hair (can cost like $10k though). One of my mom's friends when I was younger (like 10 or 11), I thought was like the hottest mom I had ever seen. Recently my mom told me that she wears a wig and has been for a long time, and I would have never guessed that. I am pretty sure a majority of black women wear wigs because their hair is naturally very frizzy.
That is the one area it is shittier for guys losing hair. I know it is more acceptable for a man to lose his hair (not so much when you are really young), but it is completely unacceptable for guys to wear wigs, and if a guy gets found out he will be the laughing stock of his friend group/family.
One area of caution though, do NOT buy a cheap wig. I have seen some black women that wear cheap $20 looking wigs and they are pretty obvious. Invest a good amount of money in it as it is a pretty big aspect of your appearance.

Mellie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a 22 year old male and wouldn't care at all if the girl I was dating was wearing a wig. As long as the wig is a very good wig. You can buy wigs these days that are almost impossible to tell that they are not real hair (can cost like $10k though). One of my mom's friends when I was younger (like 10 or 11), I thought was like the hottest mom I had ever seen. Recently my mom told me that she wears a wig and has been for a long time, and I would have never guessed that. I am pretty sure a majority of black women wear wigs because their hair is naturally very frizzy.
That is the one area it is shittier for guys losing hair. I know it is more acceptable for a man to lose his hair (not so much when you are really young), but it is completely unacceptable for guys to wear wigs, and if a guy gets found out he will be the laughing stock of his friend group/family.
One area of caution though, do NOT buy a cheap wig. I have seen some black women that wear cheap $20 looking wigs and they are pretty obvious. Invest a good amount of money in it as it is a pretty big aspect of your appearance.

I think people would laugh because it's totally acceptable for a guy to walk around with a balding or bald head. So there wouldn't be much understanding as to why a guy would opt for a wig. Whereas for women, people understand the stigma and what hair means to women. If a woman is bald, people will automatically assume she has cancer. If a guy is bald, nobody gives a sh*t. At least that's what I'm seeing. I work with plenty of balding guys, they keep their hair cut very short and nobody cares! And they seem to not care either.

Ok, so this makes me think about another question: guys, if you were a balding woman, would you just wear a wig?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
mannnn.... while we are on this topic, is there ANY other options for diffuse thinners with short hair, aside from toppix and dermatch?? My brother is about to get married and ALL my friends and family will be there and it sucks my primary concern is this f*cking bullsh*t. Most these people saw me a year ago when I had thicker hair... now, I look like a chemo patient.. the entire top is see through, diffused birds nest.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you know your Androgenetic Alopecia is bad when you are expected your hair to be much thinner in ONE month.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
mannnn.... while we are on this topic, is there ANY other options for diffuse thinners with short hair, aside from toppix and dermatch?? My brother is about to get married and ALL my friends and family will be there and it sucks my primary concern is this f*cking bullsh*t. Most these people saw me a year ago when I had thicker hair... now, I look like a chemo patient.. the entire top is see through, diffused birds nest.

Histogen had an official statement earlier this year aiming for a late 2017 release date or early 2018. Wont be long until we all get some seriously GOOD options far better than minoxidil and finasteride combined.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Histogen had an official statement earlier this year aiming for a late 2017 release date or early 2018. Wont be long until we all get some seriously GOOD options far better than minoxidil and finasteride combined.

I know, we have a couple positive things in the pipeline and I am pumped. Hellouser, what's the first thing you will do when you get your hair back? I seriously want to know. That day when you wake up and feel 90% confident in walking in direct sunlight? btw- I was talking about thickening effects for less than a month from now, just for one day. Do they do temporary little extension things for men? does it look ridiculous? I fear everyone seeing me and looking like I am sick or something. I have the worst diffuse thinning... you can see through the entire thing.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, we have a couple positive things in the pipeline and I am pumped. Hellouser, what's the first thing you will do when you get your hair back? I seriously want to know. That day when you wake up and feel 90% confident in walking in direct sunlight? btw- I was talking about thickening effects for less than a month from now, just for one day. Do they do temporary little extension things for men? does it look ridiculous? I fear everyone seeing me and looking like I am sick or something. I have the worst diffuse thinning... you can see through the entire thing.

First thing I'm gonna do? I suppose I'll start smiling more often.

I'd try that Kaboki stuff for thinning hair. It looks like it works really well.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think people would laugh because it's totally acceptable for a guy to walk around with a balding or bald head. So there wouldn't be much understanding as to why a guy would opt for a wig. Whereas for women, people understand the stigma and what hair means to women. If a woman is bald, people will automatically assume she has cancer. If a guy is bald, nobody gives a sh*t. At least that's what I'm seeing. I work with plenty of balding guys, they keep their hair cut very short and nobody cares! And they seem to not care either.

Ok, so this makes me think about another question: guys, if you were a balding woman, would you just wear a wig?

I think you'd be surprised as to which guys you think don't care, care VERY VERY much.

People on this forum would probably rank my hair loss as mild to moderate, and most people I encounter every day probably think of me as having a full head of hair....YET MY HAIRLOSS IS EATING ME ALIVE INSIDE. I think about it more than anything else. I can't even look in the mirror without feeling stressed.

Several months ago, I cut my hair short, and my balding temples were exposed, and I was mocked in front of a group of people for my balding. I did my best to show that I was not affected by it, but I was humiliated, and it has stuck with me. MEN CARE THAT YOU KNOW THEY'RE BALD AND THINK OF THEM AS BALD. It's a sign of decline in sexual desirability for the whole world to see, and unless you're in the maybe 5% of balding men who look just as good bald (the Rock, Jason Statham etc), your mating options and success threshold have indeed just taken a significant hit.

In answer to your question, Yes, I imagine I would wear a wig if I was a balding woman, at least once I reached the point at which it was impossible to conceal my hair loss without one. Women are able to supplement and enhance their appearance without the stigma that it carries for a man to do so.

shookwun

Reaction score
Men dont have the luxury of wearing a piece with out being scrutinized.

Its a total joke to most women. A dude wearing a wig lol.

All Smoke and mirrors.

You will be a big laughing stock once everyone finds out.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I work with plenty of balding guys, they keep their hair cut very short and nobody cares! And they seem to not care either.

Men care, we learn to not show that we care. We learn that any insecurity is viewed negatively by women.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I'm 37 so not so young but not old by any means either.

2927478-famous-characters-troll-face-260360.png.jpg

(yeah, maybe a bit mean, but Mellie gave me my first dislike).

shookwun

Reaction score
Amazing how hair can turn weird looking people into something ecstatic.

This guy in particular has an ugly face which you exhibit if you scroll down, and remove his hailo effect esque-hair.

Has terrible facial aesthetics, yet he appears good looking solely based on his hair

enhanced-buzz-14154-1377889278-4.jpg

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score

Trust me the younger guys care, they just can't show it because it seems "weak". Once a guy hits his mid to late 30s, yes most of them stop caring as much about hair loss because it is such a common thing. Also at that age most men are married and have kids so have more important sh*t to care about. If you are in your early 20s and balding it is a whole different ball game. It is a huge change in one's appearance, and it most definitely makes men less attractive. Not all guys can pull off a shaved head either. Actually, I would say a majority of guys cannot pull off a shaved head. And people definitely notice when a young guy is balding. It is a huge turn off when you're in your early 20s. Most people on these hair loss forums are not guys that are in their 40s. Although there are some, the majority are people that are losing their hair young and I would say it is one of the most dreaded and devastating things to happen to a guy in their late teens to early to mid 20s. Although I agree losing your hair as a woman is worse than as a man, I don't think it is any worse than losing your hair as a very young guy, especially if you can't pull it off.
To answer your question though, If I was a balding woman I would definitely wear a wig. I really see it as the only option. As a guy, I would much rather date a woman with a wig than with a balding head. The vibe it gives off by not wearing a wig when balding is that you don't care about your appearance. I know that isn't the case, but it is just the way most guys will view it because wigs are seen as acceptable for women. If on the other hand the thinning isn't too noticeable you could just style it in a way to makes it look thicker than it actually is (I assume that is not the case though).