Would You Call This A Significant Change?

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
Top picture is from December 2016, bottom one is from today (June 2017). It's worth noting that my hair is a lot longer in the more recent picture. Is this rapid loss for only 6 months?

PQxQW7e.jpg

h7lDYsy.jpg

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like you had some minor loss, but for 6 months if you were balding significantly it would be far more noticeable.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I think exactly what @JeanLucBB said in his last post is correct. No cause for concern at this point but I'd assess with photos every 3
Months.

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you have a naturally shitty hairline but aren't actively balding.
I have definitely noticed some change in my hairline. For example look at these pictures, notice how the temples and temple peaks were sharper and fuller?

3 years ago:
Ats1oTr.jpg

RY3SqA1.jpg

g.i joey

Reaction score
Oh damn op, i definitely see what you're talking about. Talk about a crisp fkn hairline, I actually think I NEVER had a hairline that squared.

Imo, you've caught your hairloss so early on that no one here can really diagnose you, best bet is visit a dermatologist as I think you may be experiencing slight recession with miniaturization. A lot of people will say "mature hairline" but I don't believe that a mature hairline exists, it's either male pattern baldness or not.

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh damn op, i definitely see what you're talking about. Talk about a crisp fkn hairline, I actually think I NEVER had a hairline that squared.

Imo, you've caught your hairloss so early on that no one here can really diagnose you, best bet is visit a dermatologist as I think you may be experiencing slight recession with miniaturization. A lot of people will say "mature hairline" but I don't believe that a mature hairline exists, it's either male pattern baldness or not.
I've been to one before and he said there's no recession when, as you saw, there clearly is. Do you think there's any hope in regrowing all that I have lost?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been to one before and he said there's no recession when, as you saw, there clearly is. Do you think there's any hope in regrowing all that I have lost?

Not even close. Only with a transplant, and no doctor would agree to leave the hairline as flat and low as in your previous photos.

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
Not even close. Only with a transplant, and no doctor would agree to leave the hairline as flat and low as in your previous photos.
Ah quite depressing to hear especially as I'm only in my early 20's, but I guess such is life.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah quite depressing to hear especially as I'm only in my early 20's, but I guess such is life.

Still might be worth getting on finasteride to prevent further losses, and you could still definitely improve it with a transplant. But your hairline in your old photos is ridiculous.

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
Still might be worth getting on finasteride to prevent further losses, and you could still definitely improve it with a transplant. But your hairline in your old photos is ridiculous.
I'm worried about the sides associated with finasteride. How bad would you say it is right now? What Norwood? Oddly enough my older brother still has a really low hairline with zero loss. My father has a Norwood 2 or 3, which isn't bad at all for his age (he's almost 60). Makes me wonder why mine started so early?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm worried about the sides associated with finasteride. How bad would you say it is right now? What Norwood? Oddly enough my older brother still has a really low hairline with zero loss. My father has a Norwood 2 or 3, which isn't bad at all for his age (he's almost 60). Makes me wonder why mine started so early?

Many have a maturing of the hairline to a norwood 1.5 or 2 without miniaturisation of hair behind the hairline or active balding early on such as in early 20s.

I've been on finasteride 6 months no sides.

To be honest your old hairline was so low and flat it looked ridiculous.

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
Many have a maturing of the hairline to a norwood 1.5 or 2 without miniaturisation of hair behind the hairline or active balding early on such as in early 20s.

I've been on finasteride 6 months no sides.

To be honest your old hairline was so low and flat it looked ridiculous.

Well maybe not go 100% back to my old hairline, but any chance of going back to a NW1 without a transplant?

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t, I've never had a hairline like that, sucks to be born with NW1.5 when looking at your pics.

Wtf are you talking about a transplant, are you insane? You are NW1 at max now. Just reassess with pictueres and if it's starting to get worse jump on Finasteride.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think whats more concerning is the miniaturization occurring at the center of your hairline. Hair still looks great, but I would get on finasteride asap. Hairline recession at the center of the hairline is brutal.