Would you agree to never get a child/ never have gotten a child for lifelong nw1

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
He had fairly good coverage but his hair was fairly fine. He wasn't balding though, certainly not. It seems that many politicians have decent hair but the British prime minister sure has a 'doo on him.
Trump, Putin, Netanyahu, etc are surely follicly challenged. Politicians can look as balding as it gets but you rarely ever see them fully bald.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Trump, Putin, Netanyahu, etc are surely follicly challenged. Politicians can look as balding as it gets but you rarely ever see them fully bald.
Yes but Trump, Biden and Boris all have transplants. Yul Brenner was the last actor that generally was completely bald in his movies while being a star/headliner in film and drama among caucasians.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but Trump, Biden and Boris all have transplants. Yul Brenner was the last actor that generally was completely bald in his movies while being a star/headliner in film and drama among caucasians.
Yul Brynner looked great bald because he was partly Mongolian. Naturally tan skin complexion and really cool eyes.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, and she has sent me prostate medication, a space helmet, lots of needles and a miracle lotion.
Sounds like you are on track for success with pretty much any prostate medication. Just expect good things and promise to only use your hair for benevolent purposes and beauty and not for "bagging babes". Many of us have to admit that we were arrogant with hair and a change in mind-set is healthy. Hair is for us to be able to interact with females and others successfully but never out of selfishness or toxic masculinity....

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like you are on track for success with pretty much any prostate medication. Just expect good things and promise to only use your hair for benevolent purposes and beauty and not for "bagging babes". Many of us have to admit that we were arrogant with hair and a change in mind-set is healthy. Hair is for us to be able to interact with females and others successfully but never out of selfishness or toxic masculinity....

Personally im doing what im doing for my hair for myself, it is highly doubtful i will ever be in a relationship although i would like to be in one, but even if someone predicted the future and told me i would be alone for the rest of my life i would still be tackling hair loss.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally im doing what im doing for my hair for myself, it is highly doubtful i will ever be in a relationship although i would like to be in one, but even if someone predicted the future and told me i would be alone for the rest of my life i would still be tackling hair loss.
That's a good mind-set. Even Tom Hanks on a desert island wanted to look good for Wilson....

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m a woman ;)

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then why not try E2 with spironolactone or another AA?
What is E2? Estrogen? I would be afraid of cancer risks etc.
I’m on a low dose of spironolactone (50mg), which was prescribed because I have high blood pressure (genetic condition).

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you didnt stop taking finasteride before you got children? is it safe?
I've been on a 5AR inhibitor for the last seven years, during which time we had our second son and will soon be expecting our third child. I'm using dutasteride now and previously used finasteride. Our older boy who is the one with severe non-verbal autism was conceived and born before I ever used a 5AR inhibitor. Our second son (during whose pregnancy I was using finasteride) is healthy. Research has indicated that there is very little risk associated with using finasteride when your partner is pregnant or trying to become pregnant. A study found that the amount of finasteride in a man's semen that is available for vaginal absorption is extremely small, being around 750 times lower than the minimum concentration that is believed to be able to cause birth defects. I seem to remember reading a similar study for dutasteride too. A pregnant woman should never be in physical contact with finasteride pills, however. There is some evidence that 5AR inhibitors can mildly negatively affect some men's fertility, though that was clearly not a problem for me personally.

All in all, it is a personal decision whether or not you choose to continue using finasteride when having a child. I chose to stay on treatment while having a child, but that doesn't necessarily mean you should too. It is important to decide what you feel is best for yourself.

Last edited:

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on a 5AR inhibitor for the last seven years, during which time we had our second son and will soon be expecting our third child. I'm using dutasteride now and previously used finasteride. Our older boy who is the one with severe non-verbal autism was conceived and born before I ever used a 5AR inhibitor. Our second son (during whose pregnancy I was using finasteride) is healthy. Research has indicated that there is very little risk associated with using finasteride when your partner is pregnant or trying to become pregnant. A study found that the amount of finasteride in a man's semen that is available for vaginal absorption is extremely small, being around 750 times lower than the minimum concentration that is believed to be able to cause birth defects. I seem to remember reading a similar study for dutasteride too. A pregnant woman should never be in physical contact with finasteride pills, however. There is some evidence that 5AR inhibitors can mildly negatively affect some men's fertility, though that was clearly not a problem for me personally.

All in all, it is a personal decision whether or not you choose to continue using finasteride when having a child. I chose to stay on treatment while having a child, but that doesn't necessarily mean you should too. It is important to decide what you feel is best for yourself.
thank you for your answer. appreciate it

ImKaratekid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, she didn’t have mercy on my hair.
What's your story if I can ask? you have female hairloss? how old are you?

There arent many women in this forum, although it's obvious that men suffer much more from hairloss, there are not a few women/girls that suffer too, and I would expect them to be much more concerned about it then most men, so I wonder how come we dont see them

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your story if I can ask? you have female hairloss? how old are you?

There arent many women in this forum, although it's obvious that men suffer much more from hairloss, there are not a few women/girls that suffer too, and I would expect them to be much more concerned about it then most men, so I wonder how come we dont see them
Yes, I have FPB, diffuse thinning all over my head. It started really young in my early teens.
In my thirties now and doing what I can to keep my bio hair. My current regimen is helping a lot.