Would Toppik Increase The Aesthetic Look Of My Hair?

g.i joey

Reaction score
So im about to go meet a guy who sells toppik in the montreal area and im concerned it wont add the effect that im looking for.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So im about to go meet a guy who sells toppik in the montreal area and im concerned it wont add the effect that im looking for. My hair seems ok in most lightings and outside it does look thin but not see through.

Should i go ahead and waste 35 bucks on toppik or am i wasting my money considering i have complete coverage. Basically, im looking for something to add volume to my hair so i can comb it upwards to the side and create more volume.

Please let me know if im wasting my money as i dont want to and dont want to bring toppik on vacation when it wont make much of an aesthetic difference. THANKS ALL IN ADVANCE.

Again, my area of concern is not the crown, i wanted to add more density/volume to my hairline, is toppik right for me?
Dang GI, you have a lot of hair left. good for you man! Yes, topik would work wonders. Get the dark brown, sprinkle a bit all over and work through with your fingers.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I said fk it and didn't go for it actually buckthorn... I just feel like I'd have much easier time picking up girls at clubs in Miami, but I guess I'm still ok, the only thing that worries me is my density in the front but I'll survive. And plus, the thought of bringing girls back to our condo and smashing without getting toppik everywhere seems pretty hard to do lol.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Btw I don't have a lot of hair, it's super diffuse, but with some messy putty paste from axe it really gives it some volume/thickness. But yes I do feel like to still have almost complete coverage when my hair is styled.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Again man, I say go for it. I wasn't disappointed. Was actually pleased. Using it on my hairline brings me from a NW3 to a NW2 again. Adds awesome density too.

Worth a shot.

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using it on my hairline brings my from a NW3 to a NW2 again.

Damn, maybe I should try some in my sh*t density front. I'm 2.5-3

I've read concealers don't work well for light haired people. Any color/brand recommendations for light blond hair?

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Toppik has a wide variety of colors I believe. I just stop by the local shoppers drug mart to pick it up (I live in Ontario Canada).

Easy for me having average brown hair though.

I keep my hair longer on top just so you know. Hides the hairline easier. But when it gets exposed, having toppik on there makes it look 10x better.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Toppik has a wide variety of colors I believe. I just stop by the local shoppers drug mart to pick it up (I live in Ontario Canada).

Easy for me having average brown hair though.

I keep my hair longer on top just so you know. Hides the hairline easier. But when it gets exposed, having toppik on there makes it look 10x better.

I also keep mine longer and rock combovers, but I would definitely benefit from some added density in the front.

I might order some and experiment

g.i joey

Reaction score
I wanted it solely for vacation, but I heard it takes a couple practice trials before u get it on right and the last thing I want is my friends to notice toppik all over the bathroom lol.

I don't think any retailers sell it here actually.

Btw is it true that as soon as your head touches a pillow/seat it rubs off?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You apply toppiks and THEN hair spray and it will not come out, unless you rub it pretty hard. Toppik without it will surely come out with the lightest touch.

- you want something that doesn't come out at all? dermmatch. it's expensive and kind of a pain to apply at first, but it's even water proof. Part your hair where it's thinnest, put it on the SCALP and comb you hair and blow dry. It will stay on for f*cking weeks.

resu

Reaction score
I don't think you know the definition of diffused and super, what is toppik going to do? In that even by brightening the gamma there's no scalp visible at all.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I don't think you know the definition of diffused and super, what is toppik going to do? In that even by brightening the gamma there's no scalp visible at all.

Yes I know the definition of diffuse? Why would you say that? Cause I do a good job at hiding it? Maybe in that picture yeah, but if I look at me from side view you'll see just how diffused my forelock is. Like I said, I'm lucky I can at least get decent coverage. Doesn't mean I'm not diffuse

g.i joey

Reaction score
You apply toppiks and THEN hair spray and it will not come out, unless you rub it pretty hard. Toppik without it will surely come out with the lightest touch.

- you want something that doesn't come out at all? dermmatch. it's expensive and kind of a pain to apply at first, but it's even water proof. Part your hair where it's thinnest, put it on the SCALP and comb you hair and blow dry. It will stay on for f*cking weeks.

So knocking out with it on my head won't have me wake up to toppik all over the pillow or bed? Not down to take that chance of waking up to a mess of bedsheets and pillows in my friends condo lol

resu

Reaction score
Yes I know the definition of diffuse? Why would you say that? Cause I do a good job at hiding it? Maybe in that picture yeah, but if I look at me from side view you'll see just how diffused my forelock is. Like I said, I'm lucky I can at least get decent coverage. Doesn't mean I'm not diffuse

How can that be? From the side is much harder to spot thinning, it's how most photos of hair transplant are taken when the patients don't have much coverage.

If you want better opinions then post photos where you're not doing a comb-over.

g.i joey

Reaction score
dude im not looking for approval, i know where my hair stands. IM diffuse nw2-3, very very close to nw3 once i lose more of my forelock, but thanks for the concern.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
The only time I noticed it on my pillow is when I laid down for a second right shortly after I put it on my crown (stupid I know).

I can wear it all day and go to sleep at night and there's nothing on my pillow.

I style my hair with a minimal amount of gel then apply the toppik after.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I couldn't bring myself to buy it unfortunately. I feel like once u start with concealers it'll be a never ending process. BUT my barber put me onto some amazing hair clay called Hanz du foku quicksand, this stuff is amazing and def helps my thinning look a lot more subtle.. If you're dealing with thin hair I really suggest u guys try it! Perfect matte look and pretty volumising!

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Btw I don't have a lot of hair, it's super diffuse, but with some messy putty paste from axe it really gives it some volume/thickness. But yes I do feel like to still have almost complete coverage when my hair is styled.

You kidding? Any product put on my diffuse makes it look worse. You really don't need Toppik anywhere! It won't sit on a hairline very well, and the rest of your head is covered well without it

And yes, pillows or anywhere you lay your head.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You kidding? Any product put on my diffuse makes it look worse. You really don't need Toppik anywhere! It won't sit on a hairline very well, and the rest of your head is covered well without it

And yes, pillows or anywhere you lay your head.

Just my experience, i use toppik/caboki and it sits fine on the hairline and i have extremely thin hair, NW2-ish hairline but severe thinning throughout the whole scalp. It does rub off if you just use the fibers by themselves, but after "sealing" it in with hairspray i've went to bed with it still on a few times and there's little to nothing on my pillow.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just my experience, i use toppik/caboki and it sits fine on the hairline and i have extremely thin hair, NW2-ish hairline but severe thinning throughout the whole scalp. It does rub off if you just use the fibers by themselves, but after "sealing" it in with hairspray i've went to bed with it still on a few times and there's little to nothing on my pillow.

Nothing on your pilow from hairline, or are you saying when you use all over, including crown? I've never tried Caboki. Is there any point, or are they just pretty much the same? I have the same result with Nano and Toppik, with plenty of hairspray