Would Propecia/Minoxidil make you lose hair if...

piacere

Reaction score
Would Propecia/Minoxidil make you lose hair if you don't have male pattern baldness? If you had healthy hair all along and you began applying these products daily for 1+ years, what would happen? Nothing? Shedding?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're asking a hypothetical question that nobody can know the answer to.

Simlilar to this: Piacere - if I took Minoxidil for 3 days and then Propecia for 2.5 days, then clapped my hands, would my hairs grow at a different pace after 11 days?

I think the best response was Zeroes. Propecia will adjust your hormone levels and this will likely affect your hair. Even if its just a disruption of sorts. Minoxidil can affect growth phases and therefore shedding may occur. Yet another form of "disturbance" if anything. The rest is anyone's guess.

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
Brilliant answer by Admin.
Would the original poster clarify why he is so pushy for an answer for this.

piacere

Reaction score
Brilliant answer by Admin.
Would the original poster clarify why he is so pushy for an answer for this.

Didn't mean to be pushy.. I guess I'm just frustrated that there is so little hard facts about hairloss when it's been an issue for people for so long.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Simlilar to this: Piacere - if I took Minoxidil for 3 days and then Propecia for 2.5 days, then clapped my hands, would my hairs grow at a different pace after 11 days?

:jump::jump:

- - - Updated - - -

why would you want to use them if you don't have hairloss more to the point?

yes..why? please do tell us why!

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
Would there be an argument to start treatments before male pattern baldness has started if you have a very strong generic history?
I'm not trying to answer for the original poster, but this question had me thinking.

piacere

Reaction score
:jump::jump:

- - - Updated - - -

yes..why? please do tell us why!

I'm just questioning whether I should continue use of these products. I never had noticeable hairloss, then one day it hits me coincidentally during one of the few stressful times of my life? I don't know.. it just seems that I have had different results than most people on this forum. People talk about seeing new hair growth followed by periodic sheds, but I see no new hair growth and my shed has been constant since I began using finasteride 13 months ago.

I'm just having trouble accepting it.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Camino

Reaction score
Piacere, I totally agree with you and i'm wondering the exact same thing....any updates on your end?

TheHandsomeLurker

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about finasteride, but minoxidil (at least in non-human animals) would cause some shedding followed by regrowth in all people, male pattern baldness or not: it takes hair follicles out of whatever part of their cycles they're in and sets them back to "grow grow grow" mode.