Would Minoxidil Once Every Other Day Still Be Effective?

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since the half-life is 22 hours? I'd prefer to use it every other day to reduce the side-effects like puffy face and tired-looking eyes.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Since the half-life is 22 hours? I'd prefer to use it every other day to reduce the side-effects like puffy face and tired-looking eyes.
You can try it. I use it every other day once per day and its seems to be helping.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Half life doesn't necessarily correlate to the effects of a drug. It will most likely work but to a lesser extent.

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I applied 2ml at night and then 2ml the following morning, that night as I was trying to sleep my heart was beating very fast and I felt restless. Also my face simply looked bad the following day, as if I had a hangover. I'm thinking about applying it once daily but a low dose, say 0.5 ml.

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
thats interesting... how many ml? where do you apply it?
I use about just shy of a 1ml. Most of it in the crown and some at the hairline/temples. I use other growth stimulants on the days I don't use minoxidil.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's an article on here about how some people who don't respond to Minoxidil do respond
to higher doses.

What's interesting is that scientists still don't know why or what makes the hair grow back. But they
do know it correlates to how fast their enzymes metabolize sulfate.

People who don't respond need over twice the dosage. And, she said that this does NOT equal ten
percent. It is actually higher than that.

So, it appears dosage really does matter. And it has to do with the effect of Minoxidil hitting the scalp.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/conferences/9th-world-congress-2015/goren-minoxidil/