Would It Be Okay For Me To Take Oral Minoxidil Given That I Have A Mild Heart Condition?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP: Depends how much hairloss is bothering you. Dutasteride completely obliterated my libido to the point it was completely gone, and it didnt bother me one bit because having a bald head with a working dick is worse for me, than a dead dick with a full head of hair.
Personally i dont give a sh*t about some heart issues yadda yadda if it meant it gave me my hair back. I was thinking about taking oral minoxidil because it is indeed the best medication against hairloss you can take. But minoxidil gives me horrible cosmetic side effects on my face, so its out of the equation

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@StevenGerrard, in your case, I strongly advise against using oral minoxidil. You have a heart condition, and you also say that topical minoxidil gave you "terrible chest pains plus arrhythmia". Goodness knows what oral minoxidil could do to you. You're already using dutasteride, aren't you, and dutasteride is a highly effective treatment in itself. I think you need to think for a minute, is it really worth putting your health (and, worst case scenario, your life) in serious danger just for the sake of growing some extra hairs in addition to whatever results you're already achieving with dutasteride?

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@StevenGerrard, in your case, I strongly advise against using oral minoxidil. You have a heart condition, and you also say that topical minoxidil gave you "terrible chest pains plus arrhythmia". Goodness knows what oral minoxidil could do to you. You're already using dutasteride, aren't you, and dutasteride is a highly effective treatment in itself. I think you need to think for a minute, is it really worth putting your health (and, worst case scenario, your life) in serious danger just for the sake of growing some extra hairs in addition to whatever results you're already achieving with dutasteride?

appreciate the input, it's tempting (hoping on Loniten) but I won't do it due to my heart condition. Yes, I'm on Duta (20th day) -- I was on finasteride (still am until I run out, I have like 12 pills left)

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
appreciate the input, it's tempting (hoping on Loniten) but I won't do it due to my heart condition. Yes, I'm on Duta (20th day) -- I was on finasteride (still am until I run out, I have like 12 pills left)
I'm glad you've made the sensible decision not to use this product. How's it going on the dutasteride? Have you noticed any sides that weren't there on finasteride?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

If you got sides from topical then it's a wise idea to avoid oral, other than water retention i have never had a problem with oral. Give dutasteride a year to see if things improve. There are essential oils which have shown the same results as 2% minoxidil in studies although i have never tried them myself, maybe worth looking in to.

Last edited:

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm glad you've made the sensible decision not to use this product. How's it going on the dutasteride? Have you noticed any sides that weren't there on finasteride?

pretty much the same sides as finasteride (lethargy, insomnia and lower libido)

If you got sides from topical then it's a wise idea to avoid oral, other than water retention i have never had a problem with oral. Give dutasteride a year to see if things improve. There are essential oils which have shown the same results as 2% minoxidil in studies although i have never tried them myself, maybe worth looking in to.

which? name(s)?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
pretty much the same sides as finasteride (lethargy, insomnia and lower libido)

which? name(s)?

I think it was rosemary oil, check out the sandalore thread on here as well, i think some people got positive results from that. In saying that im hoping you will be a great responder to dutasteride and have no need to use a topical anyway.