Would Finasteride promotes muscle growth?

abdo123

Reaction score
i mean type II and III 5α-reductase have little to no effect in muscle growth and general growth

while Testrone gets noticeably higher. (which ofcourse plays a big role of growth for men in general) and may false flag steroids tests !

so opinions? experinces?

let the debate begin.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
No impact either way. Bodybuilders I swear increase their T by like 3 x over baseline. A 10% increase of T with finasteride is nothing, it's within the physiological normal range. It's good though. After the age of 40 T falls 1% per year, we will not get a drop till 50 :) Free TRT FTW.

Alphas don't need DHT, our T is good enough to overcome it all (had to add in some broscience).

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
Wolf Pack and whats your opinion about the increase in bodyfat that some people complaint while taking finasteride/dutasteride?

Do you think it's just an excuse for the bad diet and no exercising?

abdo123

Reaction score
Wolf Pack and whats your opinion about the increase in bodyfat that some people complaint while taking finasteride/dutasteride?

Do you think it's just an excuse for the bad diet and no exercising?

increased estrogen promotes fat building, it have nothing to do with muscle growth or growth in general

- - - Updated - - -

No impact either way. Bodybuilders I swear increase their T by like 3 x over baseline. A 10% increase of T with finasteride is nothing, it's within the physiological normal range. It's good though. After the age of 40 T falls 1% per year, we will not get a drop till 50 :) Free TRT FTW.

Alphas don't need DHT, our T is good enough to overcome it all (had to add in some broscience).

well still an increase is an increase. even if it was minimal

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oriol:

It CAN happen on finasteride/dutasteride IMO but very rarely. Say you don't have that DHT, well that's an anti oestrogen. Some of that Testosterone could get aromatised to Oestrogen and promote body fat. It's very rare though, no one in the 10 year clinical finasteride trial got Gynaecomastia for example. But finasteride has been proved to induce an oestrogenic state in rare cases. There was a case study in saudi arabic (iirc off the top of my head) which showed how finasteride caused Gyno and potential Breast cancer in someone. Double the % risk if you're on dutasteride, it's still low.

The body fat increase could be due to many other factors too. As you say diet, exercise or being depressed about hair loss/anything else.

I've been on it 10 months and if anything, I have actually lost even more fat. I am not a hardcore bodybuilder but I do work out and everyone has noticed I have become leaner and the muscle mass has remained.

- - - Updated - - -

well still an increase is an increase. even if it was minimal

Not really. The normal range is pretty wide, some people are near the bottom, some near the top. A 10% improvement is nothing. If it would have promoted muscle building, we would have known already.

abdo123

Reaction score
Not really. The normal range is pretty wide, some people are near the bottom, some near the top. A 10% improvement is nothing. If it would have promoted muscle building, we would have known already.

what i meant that using finasteride would never cause a negative change in your physical appearance. if anything an improvement is expected.

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Well i have Gynecomastia and i'm taking dutasteride, but i already had it before.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on both finasteride and dutas. I train 3-4 times a week, mostly focus on compounds for strength at the beginning of the work out then afterwards some more hypertrophy oriented work with assistance exercises.
While I have managed to increase my numbers on bench, squat and deadlift, I feel like finasteride & dutas just mess with my head. I generally feel more tired, zoned out, less aggression, taking longer to recover. The funny thing is that now I'm looking for alternative natural supplements to counter act the finasteride & dutas side effects. I had gyno already since I was about 12, it's very hard to tell if it got worse since I started taking the meds, but I don't think that it developed any further.